setting resolution1080p not used

foobar07

Vu+ Newbie
As we do have some 720p and 1080i channels in Germany, I thought the 1080p setting will do the job - no changing 720(p) to 1080(i) (poorer picture) and at least the same picture quality of 1080i.

The box isn't interested in this setting. I just get the 1080i!

By the way...
I do not use autoresolution. I had to turn it off, as with Project Valerie and an animated background (.mp4) I got no picture shortly after Project Valerie started. Picture was displayed after ending Project Valerie.

Is this known? Any solutions?

Best regards

roddiss

BH Lover
The Ultimo box doesn't support 1080p...

BTJ

Yes it does... I use 1080p all the time with .mkv`s . All tv channels are set to 720p in the AV menu, and when I look at series that often are 720p24 I have to use Autoresolution to convert it to 1080p24. If not I will get 720p50 or 60 wich studders.

50_lire

Vu+ User
Yes it does... I use 1080p all the time with .mkv`s . All tv channels are set to 720p in the AV menu, and when I look at series that often are 720p24 I have to use Autoresolution to convert it to 1080p24. If not I will get 720p50 or 60 wich studders.
Mah, in Ultimo's user manual is written:
Video Resolution: CCIR 601 (720 x 576 lines), 576p, 720p, 1080i

roddiss

BH Lover
Well, it says in my surround reciver that it is getting a 1080p24 signal from the Vu+. So I dont know...

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Well, it says in my surround reciver that it is getting a 1080p24 signal from the Vu+. So I dont know...

Try to set 1080i as default Ultimo video resolution and let us know, what it will say your surround receiver :thanks:. (On playing mkv's and receiving DVB-S2)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It says 1080i in reciever and on tv when set to 1080i, when set to 720p that is what it says

It' s not clear to me. Did you turn of Autoresolution? By my opinion it serves nothing to modern FullHD TV's. Only in case of watching 30 fps movies on 25 fps TV or 25 on 30. But the resolution should be set to max of your TV (1920x1080).

1080p: what is receiver response (Autoresolution Off)?
1080i: what is receiver response (Autoresolution Off)?

In both cases playing mkv's, DVB-S2, DVB-S... But please, with Autoresolution Off.

:thanks:.

roddiss

BH Lover
In AV settings, if you set to 1080i it will display this whatever the content is, on mkv and dvb. I cant get it to show 1080p without using autoresolution.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
In AV settings, if you set to 1080i it will display this whatever the content is, on mkv and dvb. I cant get it to show 1080p without using autoresolution.

OK, now is clear, because 1080p is out of specifications of Solo, Duo, Uno, Ultimo internal Broadcom processor, that's why you can't see some formats without Autoresolution. Only Solo2 support 1080p.

My suggestion is to use 1080i without autoresolution (my personal Duo setting). :thanks: for testing. BH coders should disable 1080p setting on above mentioned boxes, which are not naturally supporting it.

roddiss

BH Lover
I personally don`t like interlaced so I use 720p out from the box as standard, good picture with this setting. I watch a lot of .mkv with 24hz from the VU+. So I then use autoresolution so it can send 24hz to the tv to not get studdering picture.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I personally don`t like interlaced so I use 720p out from the box as standard, good picture with this setting. I watch a lot of .mkv with 24hz from the VU+. So I then use autoresolution so it can send 24hz to the tv to not get studdering picture.

It's up to you ;). Important is to know, that Vu+ Solo, Uno, Duo, Ultimo doesn't support 1080p, as is written above. Thanks again for testing :).

roddiss

BH Lover
Try to watch a .mkv file that originally is 720p24 in for example 1080i50 or 60hz that you like so much. Then you know what I mean

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Try to watch a .mkv file that originally is 720p24 in for example 1080i50 or 60hz that you like so much. Then you know what I mean

I do live in Europe and I don't have any NTSC .mkv 720p24 files to watch. These are mostly rip's from ... It's time to stop discussion. Read forum rules, please.