Settings in OpenWebif cannot be saved

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe somebody can try this.

You can change lots of settings with OpenWebif. You go to Extras / Settings and you change the settings of the GUI, HDD, Recording and playback, you name it. But... you can't save the changes. At least, I can't. What sense does this make? I tried it with Android/Firefox58 and Android/Samsung Internet Browser and Linux/Firefox73.

What am I doing wrong?

The firmware is openbh-4.3.001. I don't think this is relevant but anyway.

AlexWilMac

Why are you using the first release of OBH 4.3? We arrived at 4.3.016. Update it online and see if it was a little bug of the first release of this version, because I can assure you there is no problem with OWIF.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply. I am using 4.3.016. I flashed 4.3.001 and must have upgraded since because in Main Menu / Information / About it says Image: 4.3.016 (Release).
I should have said so. Sorry. My mistake.
Do you have a Save button in the OpenWebif Settings menu? Can you show me a screenshot?

AlexWilMac

There is no need of SAVE button! This is not the retarded Windows: what you change is immediately applied!
For instance, if in this menu you enable the "show service type in channel list" and then you browse to another section, when you get back to this you'll see this option still enabled.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
You are absolutely right. I feel very silly:cry:. When I saw your reply I immediately knew what I had done wrong. Because I had tested this.... but.... it is too embarrassing:oops:...
Well, you deserve to know, Alexwilmac. But don't tell anybody please:secret:.

I changed the Transcoding Setup with OpenWebif and checked it in the <link to box>/transcoding page. You get all the current transcoding settings here in an XML format, as you probably know. So far so good. But... I called it with the very same parameters that I was trying to change, resetting their values:

<link to box>/transcoding?resolution=576p&framerate=25000&bitrate=2000000 :oops:.

I always got the same resolution, framerate and bitrate. Nothing changed. Never:huh:.

I am very sorry if I wasted your time and very happy it works:happy:. I wish I could delete this thread:lol:

AlexWilMac

No way! Why delete it? Every posts is a chance to learn something, even in the future. If only everyone read every posts, they would learn something.
Maybe this is not the case, but it might be useful to someone in the future.
And also getting feedbacks is useful because IT things are often very naughty and you can't know what's the real reason why some new strange issue occurs...
So, now we know it's all right. ;)