Shutdown options

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all
I'm using BH 2.0.2 rev. E
My question is regarding shutdown options
Standby mode is of course the most convenient way as the receiver will wake up in seconds but during standby it keeps getting warm and USB ports are still active
I tried to connect hdd with extenal power supply and of course it will never go offline while
receiver is on Standby mode.
Full shutdown will off course solve the problem but afterword it will take allmost 2 minutes for the receiver to become active
Is there maybe another option/solution ?
Many Thanks

Katikakus

Vu+ User
Have you tried deep standby? It takes longer than normal standby, but should take less time than start from full shutdown.

Or you can try plugin HDDSleep.

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
Deep standby sounds good but I dont see this option in the shutdown menu
I understand that HDDSleep will solve the HDD problem but still it seems that regular standby is like the receiver is allmost full active (Keeps getting warm etc.) but with no picture and sound output.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Deep standby sounds good but I dont see this option in the shutdown menu
I understand that HDDSleep will solve the HDD problem but still it seems that regular standby is like the receiver is allmost full active (Keeps getting warm etc.) but with no picture and sound output.

Deep standby = Shutdown. No other possibilities.

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
Spoke to the importer of VU+ in my country today and he advised to use shutdown as it is not good for the box to standby so many hours
Maybe in one of the next versions there will be a third option ...
Many thanks for both replies

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Spoke to the importer of VU+ in my country today and he advised to use shutdown as it is not good for the box to standby so many hours
Maybe in one of the next versions there will be a third option ...
Many thanks for both replies

I'm using the best option (my opinion). I'm disconnecting everything from mains (TV too). No power to anything, no standy LEDs :D.

avishafrir64

Vu+ Newbie
I belive this is the best for the equipment but can be very annoying , Beside the VU solo and the TV I also have a sound bar audio system and a streamer :laugh:

JayJay

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys

Im a new member on this form.i bougy vu+ suo few days ago,but im wondering if anybody can help me,i don't want to leave the receiver when i go sleep standby mode,because all usb parts are working and wifi keeps flashing,so if i shutdown im not able to see the clock on the receiver (blank display).is there any option to see the clock on the receiver if i shutdown because it really help in the morning to check the time to go to work :)
Many Thanks
JJ

ilmago

BH Lover
Hi Guys

Im a new member on this form.i bougy vu+ suo few days ago,but im wondering if anybody can help me,i don't want to leave the receiver when i go sleep standby mode,because all usb parts are working and wifi keeps flashing,so if i shutdown im not able to see the clock on the receiver (blank display).is there any option to see the clock on the receiver if i shutdown because it really help in the morning to check the time to go to work :)
Many Thanks
JJ
clock in the display means stand-by mode (but you can set also stand-by time for the hard disk). Deep stand-by or shutdown cannot show anything in the display, so is not possible...
you have to looking for another solution to check the time:D

JayJay

Vu+ Newbie
clock in the display means stand-by mode (but you can set also stand-by time for the hard disk). Deep stand-by or shutdown cannot show anything in the display, so is not possible...
you have to looking for another solution to check the time:D
thank you :)