Since 2.1.5 my extrenal USB disk can't be mounted

mirkoslav

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have external 3Tb USB disk connected to Vu+ Solo2 and until image 2.1.5 everything worked perfectly, I was able to mount it to media/hdd through Device Manager, but since 2.1.5 this is impossible, after restart it will remain unmounted. I will try trough modifying fstab and maybe some other methods, but I need this disk to stay NTFS (I just take it with me and kids can attach it to Win laptops and watch movies etc), have no performance issues of any kind, but it just can't be mounted...

Is anything about this done in new 2.1.6 image? So I maybe try new image before wasting time?

dave3dg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have external 3Tb USB disk connected to Vu+ Solo2 and until image 2.1.5 everything worked perfectly, I was able to mount it to media/hdd through Device Manager, but since 2.1.5 this is impossible, after restart it will remain unmounted. I will try trough modifying fstab and maybe some other methods, but I need this disk to stay NTFS (I just take it with me and kids can attach it to Win laptops and watch movies etc), have no performance issues of any kind, but it just can't be mounted...

Is anything about this done in new 2.1.6 image? So I maybe try new image before wasting time?

mirkoslav

Vu+ Newbie
OK, I tried with adding
/dev/sdb1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
to fstab and it works
I actually replaced last line which referenced this disk by UUID and now disk is mounted, it stays mounted and it is visible as such in Device Manager. I just don't know what happens if I use Device Manager and if it will set things back so I will have to do it manually again? Can this be fixed? It's only about this large 3Tb USB disk, other devices seems to mount normally through Device Manager

Taboganist007

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah I've had problems too getting mounts to stick around after rebooting on any incarnation of Blackhole since 1.5... don't know what's going on. Tried everything in device manager, tried initialising, reformatting and everything I could think of - my HDD's just don't wanna stick around and vanish upon reboot on my Vu+ Solo2 and my Vu Zero. At my wits end with it.

Mick12334

If using 2.1.7 have you updated your Skin, as advised, by pressing the Green, followed by Yellow, buttons, going into Addons manager, Black Hole Skins, and loading the default skin, last one in the list?

Lazy_man

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
Same problem here. Vu+ Solo2, BH 2.1.7, external HDD WD Mypassport 1TB. Worked perfect on BH 2.1.3.
Modifying of fstab and/or bootmisc.sh didn't help at all.
I also checked it on Solo SE on BH 3.0.2F - same problem cannot mount HDD. Everything looks OK while mounting but after restart nothing mounted.
I cannot find default skin - last one in the list - RedNight2...

Almost a year gone and still no solution?