Solo4k media playback

marix

Vu+ Newbie
I have all media movie files FF on solo4k. Had it on 3.0.2J. Updated to 3.0.3C still not fixed. Default and emc players. Maybe you could recommend any working player? Cant watch any media files since bought solo4k

marix

Vu+ Newbie
i dont understand, me the only has this problem, or no1 ever watching media. since theres no support need return this tuner and look for another

Bosuil

Vu+ User
i dont understand, me the only has this problem, or no1 ever watching media. since theres no support need return this tuner and look for another

Here no problems with playing media files on my solo4K with Blackhole, why you don't try a other image and see whats happens.

marix

Vu+ Newbie
Yes i tried openpli, work good. But i been using BH for 10 years, used to it, also i have 3 other vu+ tuners with BH running. Its problem on BH solo4k. Just tired 3.0.3D same problem....

marix

Vu+ Newbie
I have returned solo4k. Ordered uno4k. After first boot media was ok, but now me again having problem with FF. And no sound theres new problem in some movies. Btw mkv newer seems all good, problems with divx/xvid

marix

Vu+ Newbie
I have tested many images. Openpli, openatv, factory/default. All of them working perfect with media files. So the problem is BH only. solo4k, uno4k. Elder tuners like Duo2, solo2 working good. Just info who using vu+ as media player

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

You can't be so generic. You have to understand that a video file is not like a .doc or a .xls file. There are many, many codecs and so your problem almost surely depends on codecs used for your files.
I've always used BH, now also on a Solo4K, and it plays every file I've tried so far. In case, it was OBH to have some issues some months ago.
And, above all: I cannot believe that EVERY files of yours have problems, right?
You returned your Solo but it is returning a car because it doesn't like some fuel brand. It was a little bit hasty and drastic. And, in fact, you did not solve.
If you browsed this forum you must've read hundreds of similar complaints if your issue was a general issue and if it depended on Solo4K.

marix

Vu+ Newbie
Yes i have returned both solo4k and uno4k, cause of media playback FF problem. And me, like you, is a big BH lover, i coulnd use other images. Since theres no UHD channels except some test, i can play 4k media on tv. I will stick on my great Duo2, who working perfect and plays all media. Me isnt so generic, since 80% of media doesnt work, divx or xvid almost all for me. Just looked fast for some 'nonworking' file, mediainfo details here if you interested.

https://pastebin.com/NJ2wtCdu

numind

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I agree with all statements about playback problems, as a BH lover just must say that it depends on codec used for movie, but I detected this annoying problem with screeners downloaded movies...not with mkv and so on...

bogdanm

Yes, I agree with all statements about playback problems, as a BH lover just must say that it depends on codec used for movie, but I detected this annoying problem with screeners downloaded movies...not with mkv and so on...
You try OBH ?
Or install on OBH serviceaap from feed ?