SOLVED: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty

gillidk

Vu+ Newbie
After installing a new image, I have gotten this error when connecting to FTP om the box. Several have had this issue, and some people says that this happen due to hacking. Telnet and Webif works great.

I have just found out that the reason is "bad" USB-stick that seems to work fine. Try another stick! :)

gillidk

Vu+ Newbie
Not Solved..... Later tonight the same error message came back... What can be wrong??? After several hours where it was working to log on via FTP, I receive this error message again. I have no problem connecting me via telnet.... Please help! I have tried 4 different images on the vu+4k...

gillidk

Vu+ Newbie
Not Solved..... Later tonight the same error message came back... What can be wrong??? After several hours where it was working to log on via FTP, I receive this error message again. I have no problem connecting me via telnet.... Please help! I have tried 4 different images on the vu+4k...

the box is brand new. I am helping a friend. I have the same box, and no problems.

gillidk

Vu+ Newbie
And your friend have open ports ??

Never open your box to the Internet

http://forums.openpli.org/topic/392...tory-given-in-secure-chroot-dirvarshareempty/

I found that thread... I doubt that this has something to do with open ports. The error message occures from minuttes after setup of the box to several hours, and always after a "green screen" crash. It is like a system crash "fuck-up" the system. I managed to get in contact with the filestructure via SSH protocol instead of FTP. Case "solved", but I can stil not get a connection via FTP.

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know
the only thing I know that I have never seen with my FTP which I use only within the network.

It is in any case in connection with external connection.

mrc

Vu+ Newbie
i'm having the same problem on 2 VU+ Duo boxes, as soon as you flash them with the new 3.0.2F image i get this error trying to FTP

also if i try any pkg update commands i get
opkg_conf_load: Could not create lock file /var/lib/opkg/lock: No such file or directory.

its like the file system doesn't exist at all :-/

any ideas?

mrc

Vu+ Newbie
very strange, if i create the directories its looking for in telnet everything works :-/