T2-MI ukrainian channels on 4.8 E

federal

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Matrix 10
Is it possible to use your method for OpenBlackHole ( telnet,FTP etc...)or a similar version maybe, in order to receive those T2-MI channels with the BlackHole 3.0.5B image on a Zero 4K ?
Or must we wait for another future BlackHole image , capable to accept your modifications?
Thanks

Gold_66

Vu+ User
No, if you want those channels, you will need to use OBH (or another oe-a image).
Sorry, but am I missing something here?
Since BH is based on original image, would it be right saying that Vu+ produces a device that is capable to receive also channels with non-standard parameters, but fails to provide a proper software for it while others can?
Although I used BH for a short period until I discovered how much better OBH was, I still fail to comprehend this logic.

Ev0

Admin
Sorry, but am I missing something here?
Since BH is based on original image, would it be right saying that Vu+ produces a device that is capable to receive also channels with non-standard parameters, but fails to provide a proper software for it while others can?
Although I used BH for a short period until I discovered how much better OBH was, I still fail to comprehend this logic.
Vu+ produce the hardware.

They also provide some software which is based on very old dmm engima2 coding, before dmm switched to close source coding.

OBH is based on OE-A enigma2 coding, which is compatible with OpenPLi enigma2 coding, which is far more modern than that used by Vu+ as there coding grew after dmm closed the sources, therefore OE-A images have more features and are more "technically" advanced, than images based on the standard Vu+ coding.

Hopefully I have explained that well enough for you and other users to understand.

As far as I am aware, Vu+ are the only manufacturer that provides both hardware and software support, all other E2 box manufacturers (as far as I am aware), provide only hardware, kernel and drivers, but no images or software support (excluding dmm with there closed source DreamOS).

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Thanks for detailed info, I had no idea that producers didn't have to provide software for their devices - always supposed that each brand released their own software, and it was up to customers to use it or not.
Btw, I had the chance to experiment with a friend's DM920 for a few weeks and I must tell, OE 2.5 is a real joke, and probably that's why they're keeping it closed source! :p
I think we all should be grateful that OE-A enigma2 coding exists; without this support, these devices would be probably half-dead and we wouldn't even know it. :D

Matrix10

Administrator
As far as I know, T2-MI decoding is implemented by a team coder @athoik
I think that made @athoik a member of the Greek and OpenPli team
I'm not sure that it can not be implemented on VU + based images as well.
I'll have to ask him.
The problem is that BH and OBH (other Open images) use different versions of Library
files ,So T2-MI fix is not compiled for VU + based images but maybe it's possible.
Unfortunately, this problem constantly appears that everything is not compatible on VU + base coding and OE-A/Pli
Which is of course a great pity.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/multistream-on-vu.27017/page-2#post-213766

Last edited:

Gold_66

Vu+ User
The problem is that BH and OBH (other Open images) use different versions of Library
files ,So T2-MI fix is not compiled for VU + based images but maybe it's possible.
This also explains the situation very well, thanks Matrix10, I hadn't seen your answer before.