Two cables from dish

rdglad

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
I have VU+ Solo2 which is connected to Sky dish. There are two satellite cables coming from dish. Is there any distinct advantage to connect both cables to box (LNB1 and 2)?
Many thanks,
rdglad.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi all,
I have VU+ Solo2 which is connected to Sky dish. There are two satellite cables coming from dish. Is there any distinct advantage to connect both cables to box (LNB1 and 2)?
Many thanks,
rdglad.
Thanks. 2 LNB's mounted to dish.

Connect both cables to Solo2. You'll be able to watch one channel from first LNB and record/PIP from second one.
Or you can remove your unused LNB, change your single LNB in use with a twin LNB and use your 2nd cable for same sat. In this case you'll be able to watch and record two different channels.

oki270

Vu+ Newbie
Connect both cables to Solo2. You'll be able to watch one channel from first LNB and record/PIP from second one.
Or you can remove your unused LNB, change your single LNB in use with a twin LNB and use your 2nd cable for same sat. In this case you'll be able to watch and record two different channels.

But of course - not to power twin LNB through both cables...

paolino

Vu+ User+++
But of course - not to power twin LNB through both cables...

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Twin LNB has two totaly independent LNB's RF circuits inside. They are using only the same horn to receive reflected signal from parabola.
Both inputs are powered separtely from Solo2.

oki270

Vu+ Newbie
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Twin LNB has two totaly independent LNB's RF circuits inside. They are using only the same horn to receive reflected signal from parabola.
Both inputs are powered separtely from Solo2.

I was wrong on this one, I admit.

John Siddle

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guy's as a nubie can I add to the questions on this thread ( I can not figure how to start my own)

I have just had a VU+ Duo delivered with Blackhole 2.05 pre-installed.

I have a dish with a quad LNB and two cables down into Tuners A and B. I have tried all combinations of A and B but can not record one chan and watch a second.

When I start recording on one chan and then go to the second chan the first one freezes (although the recording seems to continue) and the A and B Tuner indicators go red whereas if I am only on one chan the A Tuner is green.
Today I thought I would check that the two cables were working and indeed they both work in Tuner A but if only Tuner B is plugged in I get nothing from either cable.
Am I doing something wrong or is my B Tuner not working?

Again I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place.
Regards John

scoot1690

Vu+ Newbie
john as long as you configure in your settings setup-service searching -tuner configurationmake sure tuner a is set to fixed dish and the same with b as well

John Siddle

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the replies guy's, I have my tuners set like you say but still nothing on second chan and the A and B still go to Red.

What do you think of the fact that if only tuner B is connected to the dish I get nothing at all... Is this normal??

yummer

BH Lover
Have you tried just config tuner a. + b not configured. Test both lines in that to rule out cable or lnb fault? If they both work then try the same tuner b + a not configured. This will then see if it is a tuner fault

John Siddle

Vu+ Newbie
Just tried it Yummer, Both cable give signal in tuner A but I get nothing from Tuner B.
If I press the OK button when chan is playing only A is showing Green B is greyed out.
It does look like a faulty tuner, would a factory reset kill any settings that are set up or would it not affect the software???

John Siddle

Vu+ Newbie
I agree with you Yummer, I think I will have a word with my supplier seeing as he supplied and imaged it.
Thanks again.
John