Ultimo System Info

satnoobie

Vu+ Newbie
I recently posted that I suspected my Ultimo may be a clone but I think I put it in the wrong section. After reading lots of posts on here I am as certain as I can be that my box is genuine.

But I do have a couple of questions tried using return the love event and also genuine setopbox with both of these it says installed upgraded or removed 0 packages with 0 errors so I think maybe is not for Ultimo as I don't see any mention of clone Ultimos anywhere.

The other question is that system info states total ram is 275 mb when it is 512mb I have read somewhere that this is correct due to some ram being reserved for the system, also total flash is shown as 444mb when it is 1gb.

I would really appreciate it if someone with an Ultimo could check if their box displays similar as I am really baffled I am computer literate but this is relatively new to me.

Many Thanks

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I don't own a Ultimo, maybe you could look at the returns of these telnet commands:

df -h = checks memory and storage
cat /proc/meminfo = memory info

satnoobie

Vu+ Newbie
I don't own a Ultimo, maybe you could look at the returns of these telnet commands:

df -h = checks memory and storage
cat /proc/meminfo = memory info
Thank you, just tried that quite a lot I don't understand but I think it seems to more or less agree with the figures I quoted before. It just seems strange to me. Thanks again much appreciated

Ev0

Admin
Return the Love is very old now and was never updated, early ultimo's were listed in the database for it, but later ones iirc were not and as it wasn't updated it didn't work too well.

Genuine stb wasn't ever designed to work on vu+ box's afaik.

As for the ram and flash sizes as on your other thread, that is perfectly normal.

Linux doesn't show the full amount of ram available, it shows the amount available in userspace, the rest is reserved for system memory in the background, also I believe that half of the flash space is locked and reserved for future use.