Internal SATA Unable to get internal hdd out of hibernation

toyman61

Vu+ Newbie
I had some problems with my VU+ Solo2 and EGP update, so I tried to change to TV-channel VH1 to get the EGPs I wanted. It worked and after that I switched to a TV-channel I usually is watching and then I turned the unit into hibernation since I didn't want to watch TV at that moment...

Later when I started the unit again I found that I was not able to get my recordings at /media/hdd using the remote control. When checking I found out that the hdd was still in hibernation mode.
I tried to restart the VU+ (both soft and hard), cutting the power and restart again, trying to unmount the hdd (including a restart) and mount the hdd (again including a restart) but the hdd is still in hibernation mode.

I'm not able to reach my recordings using the remote control, but I'm able to list the recordings when I log in using ssh or telnet. Of course the recordings are not available through OpenWebIf..

So the question is: What do I do now ?

(Some background information:
My box is connected to a satellite system shared among 16 users. Each user has only one coax cable to his/hers apartment and so basically I am only able to watch one TV-channel at at time. But I have connected a "frequency divider" which gives me the ability to watch one TV-channel while recording another assuming that they are on the same low-high frequency and low-high band(?). This works OK for me).

I'm using Black Hole 2.1.1.

Last edited:

toyman61

Vu+ Newbie
The solution for me was to take a backup of the /media/hdd/movie-folder (and other important information) to an external USB-disk and then reformat the internal hdd. Then it worked again...