Unstable xbmc

paulus22

Vu+ Newbie
My xbmc (BH2.1.7.1) is very unstable, locks up, unresponsive remote and requires a full power cycle to recover. I wonder whether anyone understands the log file (attached) and can give me a clue as to what is causing my instability.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• xbmc.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 14

nunigaia

My xbmc (BH2.1.7.1) is very unstable, locks up, unresponsive remote and requires a full power cycle to recover. I wonder whether anyone understands the log file (attached) and can give me a clue as to what is causing my instability.

Thanks in advance.

The problem i think is this:

"
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named pkgutil
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.genesis/default.py", line 343, in <module>
from resources.lib.sources import sources
File "/media/hdd/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.genesis/resources/lib/sources/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
import sys,pkgutil,re,json,urllib,urlparse,datetime,time

ImportError: No module named pkgutil

"

best regards
nunigaia

paulus22

Vu+ Newbie
Great. Where will I find the pkgutil.ipk that fits with BH/xbmc? I found python-pkgutil_2.7.2-r2.18-dream2_mips32el.ipk - but not sure that is the correct version?

paulus22

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks nunigaia, from my log you have identified the module that you suspected was missing from my previous topic. My problem is that I am unfamiliar with -ssh sessions (wouldn't know where to start) but can easily install ipk's. So I am looking for the correct ipk to install via a method I understand. Hope this makes sense.

nunigaia

Thanks nunigaia, from my log you have identified the module that you suspected was missing from my previous topic. My problem is that I am unfamiliar with -ssh sessions (wouldn't know where to start) but can easily install ipk's. So I am looking for the correct ipk to install via a method I understand. Hope this makes sense.

If you install DCC ( Dreambox Control Center ) it´s very simple ... you just need to enter telnet ... and enter the appropriate commands.

The commands ... you know it, because i told you ... it´s so simple ...