Upgrade from BH 1.7.5 to 2.0.5 questions

TUT

Vu+ Newbie
I am thinking about upgrading my Ultimo from BH 1.7.5 to BH 2.0.5, this is my first upgrade for over a year since the initial installation of BH 1.7.5 and have a few questions if you can kindly assist in answering them :

1- I have a mortised setup with several satellite positions programmed to the Ultimo and the V-Box II positioner:
* if I upgrade will I lose all these Sat positions and have to manually reprogram every sat position again?
* Is there a way to backup the positions setting for these satellites and restore them after the image upgrade?
* If backup and restore is not possible, is there an easier and quicker way to restore satellite positions instead of the time consuming manual method?

2- Are there any special instructions I need to follow in order to upgrade from the quite old BH 1.7.5 to 2.0.5 ? Anything I need to do before and after the upgrade ? (step by step upgrade instructions would be very helpful and appreciated)

3- Can I backup and restore my personal settings from BH 1.7.5 to 2.0.5 ?

4- After the upgrade will I lose my recordings on the internal Hard disk ?

5- How can I save a list of the currently installed plugins and addons so I can reinstall them after the upgrade? Do I reinstall them the same way as before from the plugins menu?

6- If I don't like the latest BH 2.0.5 image, can I restore my BH 1.7.5 back from a full backup ?

Apology for the all these questions but I haven't done anything to my Ultimo since I bought it over a year ago and I am a bit rusty so your help is highly appreciated.

a911

The BH Lover
I am thinking about upgrading my Ultimo from BH 1.7.5 to BH 2.0.5, this is my first upgrade for over a year since the initial installation of BH 1.7.5 and have a few questions if you can kindly assist in answering them :

1- I have a mortised setup with several satellite positions programmed to the Ultimo and the V-Box II positioner:
* if I upgrade will I lose all these Sat positions and have to manually reprogram every sat position again?
* Is there a way to backup the positions setting for these satellites and restore them after the image upgrade?
* If backup and restore is not possible, is there an easier and quicker way to restore satellite positions instead of the time consuming manual method?

2- Are there any special instructions I need to follow in order to upgrade from the quite old BH 1.7.5 to 2.0.5 ? Anything I need to do before and after the upgrade ? (step by step upgrade instructions would be very helpful and appreciated)

3- Can I backup and restore my personal settings from BH 1.7.5 to 2.0.5 ?

4- After the upgrade will I lose my recordings on the internal Hard disk ?

5- How can I save a list of the currently installed plugins and addons so I can reinstall them after the upgrade? Do I reinstall them the same way as before from the plugins menu?

6- If I don't like the latest BH 2.0.5 image, can I restore my BH 1.7.5 back from a full backup ?

Apology for the all these questions but I haven't done anything to my Ultimo since I bought it over a year ago and I am a bit rusty so your help is highly appreciated.

1- I do not have this option,,,,so may be some one else can help U ...sorry!

2- No just do normal installation,,,,read more at the HOW To section >>>http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/black-hole-howto-guides.93/

3- Yes,,,U have 2 choices > software manager or BH backups menu!

4- No you will not lose anythings>>As long as U don't do disk formatting!

5- BH personal backup will save most if not all of your plugins....its a good tool!

6- Never done that,,,but I think yes>>Anyway BH 2.05 is very good and stable!

Have fun with BHImages!

superglud

BH Lover
Remember to upgrade your firmware to "FPGA v 4.5" before going past BH1.7.7 (se link below)

fpga4-5_frombh177_2012-08-31-jpg.10792

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-ultimo-firmware-upgrade.7636/

"BH personal backup" between so different versions cannot be used.
But you can save some of your settings, using the "Software Management" feature (se link below)
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...-0-2-to-2-0-3-saving-all-your-settings.12684/

All your plugins need to be installed again (OE 2.0 versions)

BH2.0.5 is super

Best regards

TUT

Vu+ Newbie
Many thanks for your reply, You are correct, I found out that personal backup doesn't work between different BH image versions.

I found a way to save all my satellite positions and most of my customisations and then restored them after the upgrade.

All working fine now