USB 3.0.9 upgrade problem

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, guys,

I’m trying to upgrade to BH 3.0.9 but cant get any USB device to be recognized. I’ve tried over 5 different USB sticks but my Solo+2 just boots to the current satellite station. Now one of the USB sticks had 3.0.8 on it so it must have worked at some point in the past. I’ve tried reforming the sticks using HPUSBDisk but still not luck. I’ve even tried both USB slots but no luck. Drives consist of cheap company logo types to more expensive Toshiba. Is there any other way to get 3.0.9 on the receiver, ie online download or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Usally you dont have to do anything else then simple format in Windows.
Only thing thats importand when formating in windows is to press the button
in format window where it says "Restore Unit Standard" this gives an correct
fat32 format.

99% of all usb sticks will work just fine if you just restore unit standard for fat32
before you format the usb device

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Usally you dont have to do anything else then simple format in Windows.
Only thing thats importand when formating in windows is to press the button
in format window where it says "Restore Unit Standard" this gives an correct
fat32 format.

99% of all usb sticks will work just fine if you just restore unit standard for fat32
before you format the usb device

Hi, Thomas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried that but it still didn't work :-( I even tried a long format, not quick, but still no joy.

nunigaia

Hi, Thomas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried that but it still didn't work :-( I even tried a long format, not quick, but still no joy.

Please, pay attention if you haven´t any another usb devices attached to your STB! :)
If you have it, power off your stb, and remove all of them.

Insert you USB pen drive ( that contains the files needed for flashing it ), and power ON your STB.
Proceed then with the normal process flash procedure.

best regards
nunigaia

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Please, pay attention if you haven´t any another usb devices attached to your STB! :)
If you have it, power off your stb, and remove all of them.

Insert you USB pen drive ( that contains the files needed for flashing it ), and power ON your STB.
Proceed then with the normal process flash procedure.

best regards
nunigaia

Hi, nunigaia,

No I checked that no other devices are fitted front and back. The LCD panel just comes up with the channel name

Regards
Zedster

nunigaia

Hi, nunigaia,

No I checked that no other devices are fitted front and back. The LCD panel just comes up with the channel name

Regards
Zedster

Have you initialized "previously" the USB device as Fat32 FileSystem?

best regards
nunigaia

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, nunigaia,

Yes, I've previously managed to upgrade the receiver before with 3.0.8 when that was released. As previously mentioned one of the USB sticks had that image on it still. Using the same disk now with 3.0.9 on it the unit wont respond. I've tried everything mentioned in the above posts but to no avail.
One other note to mention. I tried to format the a disk using the Vu disk format function to see if that made any difference. Do you know what format this uses as before I could read the disk on my laptop but after the format the laptop wouldn't even see the disk let alone say it couldn't be read?
I'm wondering whether the Vu chipset has got itself in a pickle and needs a factory reset! The only problem in doing that is if the USB ports are knackered then I wont be able to flash to BH.

Regards

Zedster.

nunigaia

Hi, nunigaia,

Yes, I've previously managed to upgrade the receiver before with 3.0.8 when that was released. As previously mentioned one of the USB sticks had that image on it still. Using the same disk now with 3.0.9 on it the unit wont respond. I've tried everything mentioned in the above posts but to no avail.
One other note to mention. I tried to format the a disk using the Vu disk format function to see if that made any difference. Do you know what format this uses as before I could read the disk on my laptop but after the format the laptop wouldn't even see the disk let alone say it couldn't be read?
I'm wondering whether the Vu chipset has got itself in a pickle and needs a factory reset! The only problem in doing that is if the USB ports are knackered then I wont be able to flash to BH.

Regards

Zedster.

Can you please, take some photos of your STB? As:

• Upper cover
  • Front Panel
  • Back
best regards
nunigaia

Hi, nunigaia,

Regards

Zedster.

When you format with the function in BH image you go through 2 steps. first is partion of the stick and then format.
This Linux format the stick and therfore you cant use it on your Windows computer.

But if you put it in your Windows PC you should be prompt to format the device.
from there do a Restore unit standar and format fat32 and at least the device will come alive.

And i assume when you say you have flashed your stb before that you have extraxted the compressed file
you download here to your USB device and are left wit a folder named vuplus only on your USB device?

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, Thomas,

After formatting the disk on the receiver windows didn't see the device anymore, I had no option available to do a restore. I even took the USB to work and gave it to a IT guy to try and he couldn't see it it either on a windows machine. Anyway, I gave him one of my other sticks and he did a full bit test on it and gave it a clean bill of health.

As for the current situation, yes I downloaded 3.0.9 for here and its the only file on the USB all in a directory named vuplus.

I'm now wondering if I can record something to the USB device to check its functionality. I have a hard drive fitted so is there a way to direct recordings to the USB rather than the hard drive?

Regards
Zedster

Before any drastic testing like changing recording path can you tell us what model of Vu+ you have?
Is it newer 4K or maybe an older like Solo2 or Duo2 or even an really old one like the Solo and Duo?

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Before any drastic testing like changing recording path can you tell us what model of Vu+ you have?
Is it newer 4K or maybe an older like Solo2 or Duo2 or even an really old one like the Solo and Duo?
Its a Solo2+ If memory serves me right its running 3.0.8C. I know its 3.0.8 but will check the "C" part tonight when I get home

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, nunigaia,

I've only just got home from work. I'll try and get some posted later on this evening or tomorrow :) Also, not quite sure what you mean by upper cover,sorry!

Regards

Zedster

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, guys, I dont really know how to tell you this, I feel so stupid, it must be my age LOL but I've managed to get it working, well sort of. I've lost all my channels and need to reconfigure the receiver but I'll sort that out hopefully. I'm stuck on "Starting enigma2" but I think thats because it cant see any signal.
Thanks for your hep anyway and sorry that I wasted your time.
Regards
Zedster

nunigaia

Hi, guys, I dont really know how to tell you this, I feel so stupid, it must be my age LOL but I've managed to get it working, well sort of. I've lost all my channels and need to reconfigure the receiver but I'll sort that out hopefully. I'm stuck on "Starting enigma2" but I think thats because it cant see any signal.
Thanks for your hep anyway and sorry that I wasted your time.
Regards
Zedster

Glad that you sorted it out :) ... and " No problem " :)
I am very happy :notworthy::thanks:

best regards
nunigaia

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Glad that you sorted it out :) ... and " No problem " :)
I am very happy :notworthy::thanks:

best regards
nunigaia

Guys this will either make you laugh or cry in frustration, I know whats it doing to me :wallbash:

I've set up my motor with my location details LAT LONG and stored at position 1 goto 0 and saved I've loaded my channel list again but as soon as I call up say 13E,or even 19E, the dish only moves west. and by a large amount. Before upgrading things were fine and I could move the dish say from 30E to 30W. I remember the last time I set the receiver up I never really understood what was going on and it took me ages to get it working on the correct sats using my channel list but eventually things got sorted, through luck more than judgement, but I was happy. Now, Im lost and cant get no channels because the dish just appears to move west to some blind spot on the horizon.
My channel list was originally downloaded from another user who posted it and I've simply adapted it to my own preferences.
Any help on this would again be greatly appreciated
Regards
Zedster

Matrix10

Administrator
position 1 goto 0
What is that ?????
GO to Zero put the rotor at your zero satellite position
(for your location Longitude / Latitude, the nearest satellite)

I do not believe the list is the cause of your problem.
Did you configure Tuner properly ??

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Guys this will either make you laugh or cry in frustration, I know whats it doing to me :wallbash:

I've set up my motor with my location details LAT LONG and stored at position 1 goto 0 and saved I've loaded my channel list again but as soon as I call up say 13E,or even 19E, the dish only moves west. and by a large amount. Before upgrading things were fine and I could move the dish say from 30E to 30W. I remember the last time I set the receiver up I never really understood what was going on and it took me ages to get it working on the correct sats using my channel list but eventually things got sorted, through luck more than judgement, but I was happy. Now, Im lost and cant get no channels because the dish just appears to move west to some blind spot on the horizon.
My channel list was originally downloaded from another user who posted it and I've simply adapted it to my own preferences.
Any help on this would again be greatly appreciated
Regards
Zedster

Not to worry. I put my brain back in and sorted it myself. Its amazing what a break and a cup of tea can do :yahoo: Get you lats and longs round the right way:wallbash::lol:

Regards
Zedster