Vh+ Ultimo

Challenger R/T

Vu+ Newbie
I am aware of that newbees should search the arcive before posteing questions. Well, I did, did not find the answer.
Thing is, i have an old Vu+ Ultimo. At least 10 years old, maybe more. had a little hick up years ago, but unless that, no problem, clockwork! Served me perfect and I am afraid to rock the boat…..have BH 3.0.2.J. According to the readout.
Question is; is it any improvement in upgrading to later versions? Is there even later version for my old stuff?
I baught a new Tv and a Sonos thing, that is why I ask….
it was a little upscale Samsung 85» Samsung and Sonos.
just want to get the best out of it. ✌️
advise appriciated.

Mick12334

If you change your image you will lose everything, including your settings, and channel list.
You can back up your channel list, using dreamboxedit, or other software, and do a full image back up, using the software, on your receiver, and transfer this to your PC.
It all depends on what you want, and your level of expertize, with Enigma 2?
If you want the latest Kodi, and plugins, then you could load OpenBh 5.3:
Code:
https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.3%2Fvuplus%2Fvuultimo

Challenger R/T

Vu+ Newbie
If you change your image you will lose everything, including your settings, and channel list.
You can back up your channel list, using dreamboxedit, or other software, and do a full image back up, using the software, on your receiver, and transfer this to your PC.
It all depends on what you want, and your level of expertize, with Enigma 2?
If you want the latest Kodi, and plugins, then you could load OpenBh 5.3:
Code:
https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.3%2Fvuplus%2Fvuultimo
My expertise is low, but I have people. Setting up a newchannel list takes me about one houer so no problm. Me fix.
thing is, do I get new things? Any improvements? Know it’s not needed, it works now.

Challenger R/T

Vu+ Newbie
My expertise is low, but I have people. Setting up a newchannel list takes me about one houer so no problm. Me fix.
thing is, do I get new things? Any improvements? Know it’s not needed, it works now.
I also have one more problem….I have 3 tuners installd. All of them sat. 1 and 2 work perfect number 3works on and off for wiewing, bit not at all for recording. End up 59 minutes blackscpace….

Mick12334

Not much, as I said mainly Kodi 20, and various driver, and plugin, updates.
Using dreamboxedit you can download your current channel list, and bouquets, onto your PC, takes less than a minute, then you can upload it again.
What is your dish/LNB setup, and how have you got your tuners configured?
Are you using Diseqc switches, with multiple LNB's?