volume control of A/V receiver through HDMI-CEC

strykerg

Vu+ Newbie
hi,

I managed to setup hdmi-cec with no problems. and in the hdmi-cec plugin menu, If I press A/V receiver volume up/down they also work (even mute).

now how do I configure the system so that when I press volume up/down on the remote it changes the volume of the A/V receiver instead of that of the VU box itself (I am using s/pdif cable and most of the codecs' volume cannot be controlled through the VU+ so I must use volume of A/V receiver)

I have solo2 running BH2.0.2

thanks

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Program the Solo2 remote as described in the manual:
Code:
2-7. Remote Control Unit (RCU) Set-up

Vu+ RCU is a universal RCU that can be used for TV and STB at the same time.

A. User Guide of Vu+ Universal RCU

Pre-note

<< >> means long press
< > means normal press
4 digit code can be found in the TV brand code list of the user manual.

The new RCU of Vu+ is a universal type and you can control your Vu+ STB and TV at the same time. This
universal RCU is a modeless design. While offering the basic control functions of your TV (TV Power,
Volume +/-, Mute, AV), you can control STB without having to select mode between TV and STB every
time. Compared to those universal RCU of mode selection types, the modeless universal RCU of Vu+ is
clearly a smarter choice by eliminating unneeded control functions.

1. TV setting

Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 3>>, <4digit brand-code>, <<Mute or Power>>

Press number 1 and 3 for three seconds until LED is on.
    Find your TV brand-code from the TV code list and insert 4 digit code.

- If you press ¡°0000¡±, Full Automatic Scan will start. This will take a while.
    Keep Mute button (or Power) pressed until your TV is muted (or turned off).
    If your TV is muted (or turned off), stop pressing Mute button.
    Now, your RCU is in test mode and press Volume + /- to check if your TV responds.
    If the volume buttons are operational, Press <OK + STOP ( )> to escape from the set-up mode.

Search the appropriate 4 digit code for your receiver (if available) at the end of chapter "2-7. Remote Control Unit (RCU) Set-up" of the Solo2 manual that can be found here:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-solo2-web-browser-user-manual.10012/

Eddie12345

Vu+ Newbie
hi,

I managed to setup hdmi-cec with no problems. and in the hdmi-cec plugin menu, If I press A/V receiver volume up/down they also work (even mute).

now how do I configure the system so that when I press volume up/down on the remote it changes the volume of the A/V receiver instead of that of the VU box itself (I am using s/pdif cable and most of the codecs' volume cannot be controlled through the VU+ so I must use volume of A/V receiver)

I have solo2 running BH2.0.2

thanks
I now it is old thread bud i think that can be helpfull for someone else
Use HDMI CEC plugin from VTI image
replace in / Usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins
and set in plugin Use A/V receiver for volume control
sorry my bad english

Attachments

• HDMICEC.rar
    26.9 KB · Views: 240

NikolasP

Vu+ Newbie
I was able to control the av receiver volume with the VU+ remote control but i have lost the Volume Bar.....Any ideas ????
Thank you..

seb131

Vu+ Newbie
I now it is old thread bud i think that can be helpfull for someone else
Use HDMI CEC plugin from VTI image
replace in / Usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins
and set in plugin Use A/V receiver for volume control
sorry my bad english
Thanks M8! It works as I wanted to.
This plugin is better as it has this option in addition.

matty2k

Vu+ Newbie
Hope to solve my problem too. Is there a newer version of the plugin available or did nothing change yet?