Vu+duo 4K/black hole image.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys.

Until now, I am using Image Open ATV, but I would like to change it to Black Hole, in its latest and compatible version.

I would like to request:

1. Where can I find the latest version of black hole I'm looking for?

2. Is there a guide that explains the steps needed to flash?

Thank you very much, I am waiting for your answers..

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
The Blackhole image is dead.

OpenBh is the current image and you will find it at openbh.net
Thank you very much for the update. I didn't know that the black hole doesn't work anymore.

The following image is compatible with my receiver (vu+duo 4k). Please, are there any faq's showing the installation step by step with a memory stick?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231026-232251_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231026-232251_Chrome.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3

Mick12334

Installing a new image is quite easy, but first you might want to back up your channel list, and Bouquets, using tools like dreamboxedit.

Download the OpenBh image, for your receiver, unzip it and place the vuplus folder on your desktop, or somewhere easy to locate.
Format your USB stick to FAT32, on your PC, then load the vuplus folder, onto your USB stick.
Go to your receiver, adn turn it off, using the switch, at the rear.
Disconnect anything currently connected to your receiver, and plug in the USB stick.
Turn the switch, at the rear, back on, and press the power button, on the front of your receiver, until the image starts to load.
Wait until it states it has finished then remove the USB stick, and let the receiver reboot,
Now just follow the set up instructions.

Please post back, if you have any other questions, or to inform us that everything worked.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Installing a new image is quite easy, but first you might want to back up your channel list, and Bouquets, using tools like dreamboxedit.

Download the OpenBh image, for your receiver, unzip it and place the vuplus folder on your desktop, or somewhere easy to locate.
Format your USB stick to FAT32, on your PC, then load the vuplus folder, onto your USB stick.
Go to your receiver, adn turn it off, using the switch, at the rear.
Disconnect anything currently connected to your receiver, and plug in the USB stick.
Turn the switch, at the rear, back on, and press the power button, on the front of your receiver, until the image starts to load.
Wait until it states it has finished then remove the USB stick, and let the receiver reboot,
Now just follow the set up instructions.

Please post back, if you have any other questions, or to inform us that everything worked.
Mick, thank you very much for your update! I did the exact same process when trying to install a version of Black Hole, but it wouldn't load the program. Maybe I didn't do something right.

My receiver is the vu+duo 4k, so I don't make a mistake, can you give me a link with the appropriate program, so I can follow the steps you mention in the post? This would help me a lot!

Mick12334

Is your receiver the VU+ Duo 4K, or the VU+ Duo 4K SE? It will say on the front of the receiver.
This is the link to the VU+ Duo 4k, OpenBh 5.3:
Code:
https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.3%2Fvuplus%2Fvuduo4k

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Is your receiver the VU+ Duo 4K, or the VU+ Duo 4K SE? It will say on the front of the receiver.
Code:
It is the vu+duo 4k. Not the SE.

Again, thank you very much!! I will update about the result of my effort soon..

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Code:
Mick, I want to thank you for your valuable help. Everything is ok with the image. Now I have to look for vannibal, I like the grouping he has.

If you find the time, because I don't remember the steps, let me know.

Thank you very much again...

Mick12334

Go into plugins, Download Plugins, scroll to Settings, open it, scroll to Vhannibals, and you will find a lot of options, select the one most suitable for your satellite set up.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Go into plugins, Download Plugins, scroll to Settings, open it, scroll to Vhannibals, and you will find a lot of options, select the one most suitable for your satellite set up.
..I will do it as soon as the scanning of the 4 satellites that interest me (Hotbird, Astra 19.2, 16°, 23.5°) is finished.

Next, I will make my own bouquets and name them, through the vu+PlayerHD application that I have on my mobile phone.

I will update again..

Mick12334

You can use dreamboxedit, which will download your channel list, and allow you to edit it, including setting up your own bouquets, (favourites), then you can upload it, back to your receiver.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
..ok and the vannibal setup, it is the latest classification 30 Oct 20223.

Now I would like to install the plugin that will allow me to split the tv screen in half so I can watch two different channels Can the receiver do this, and if so, how?

Thanks a lot for your valuable help Mick!!

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
You can use dreamboxedit, which will download your channel list, and allow you to edit it, including setting up your own bouquets, (favourites), then you can upload it, back to your receiver.
I made the bouquets I wanted, gave them the names I wanted, numbered them and moved them to the top of the favorites list.

Now I will scroll through these channels that fit each category (Sports, Geo, Auto and motor sport, classic music, pop music, extreme sport and some others).

I did all this with vu+ HD Player which Which is available on google playstore.
Works perfectly. All he needs to enter is his local ip accepted by vu+

Mick12334

You can have PIP, Picture in Picture, but I don't use that feature.

To get some utilities to work, like Filezilla, and others, you need to set a password, whcih can be anything, you can do this through the menu, Setup, Network, Password, don't forget to save the password, when you exit.

You can also set a password using Telnet.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
You can have PIP, Picture in Picture, but I don't use that feature.

To get some utilities to work, like Filezilla, and others, you need to set a password, whcih can be anything, you can do this through the menu, Setup, Network, Password, don't forget to save the password, when you exit.

You can also set a password using Telnet.
What I want is to make 2 images on the TV screen, of equal size, not a small image inside the big one.

I want the size of the 2 images to be 50% one and 50% the other.

I don't know if I write them correctly so that you can understand me..

Mick12334

Yes, I understand you, but I haven't bothered trying it.
I think it might be in the coding, or even the skin, but you'll have to search on how to change the size of PIP, if it's possible.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I understand you, but I haven't bothered trying it.
I think it might be in the coding, or even the skin, but you'll have to search on how to change the size of PIP, if it's possible.
Hi Mick. I'm looking for the cfg folder in the black hole image via Zika file, but I can't find it. Do you know where it is?