Vu+Duo2 recording issue

mashrajab

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone,
I have a vu+duo2 with one dual Tuner. I can't record and watch another channel at the same time. I have configured Tuner B to "loopthrough to" Tuner A. Can I do the above with one dual tuner or do I need two.
My My Image BH 2.3.0
Thank you guys

Mick12334

There is no Black Hole 2.3.0, the last Black Hole image was 2.1.6.1:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-duo2-2-1-6-1-fast-iptv.22791/

You can watch/record more than 2 channels, at the same time, with 2 tuners but both need separate co-ax cables, from a twin LNB, 2 outputs, Quad LNB, 4 outputws, or various Dish/LNB combinations.
With only one cable you are stuck with channels using the same transponder.

Please provide more information, regarding your Dish/LNB set up, are you using a motorized dish, with more than one LNB output, fied dish/dishes, with multiple LNB's, or just 1 dish with 1 cable?

mashrajab

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for your prompt reply Mick. I'm using BH 2.1.5, I have a 90 cm fixed dish, one LNB output 1 cable. In the back of the receiver I have an input jack and a loop out.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thank you very much for your prompt reply Mick. I'm using BH 2.1.5, I have a 90 cm fixed dish, one LNB output 1 cable. In the back of the receiver I have an input jack and a loop out.

As far as I know loop out does not exist on dual tuner but only on the single tuner ???
If you have dual tuner you have LNB A and B inputs.
If you have 2 single tuners you have to make cable link from Lnb out To LNB B
If you have ant on LNB A

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi again. yes I have Duo2 and on the back I have like the photo Tuner A installed, the other slot is empty

What is written , next to both tuner connectors
LNB in or LNB out
If you have 2 times LNB in You have dual Tuner
If you have 1 time LNB in and 1 time Lnb out you have single tuner.

With Dual Tuner you can record only from one the same transponder with your antenna instalation .

Mick12334

You might want to consider getting a twin LNB, and running a second cable, to your receiver.
If you really want to see what your receiver is capable of you might also think of fixing a motor, to your dish, which will provide the option of viewing a lot more satellites, and channels.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If you have only one cable and don't have a SCR/Unicable sat installation you won't be able to watch and record 2 channels at the same time unless they are both on the same hi/lo band and same H/V polarization.