Request VU+ new hard drive installation

Hi all, I have just purchased a 1tb hard drive for my Vu+ uno, the receiver detects it and it has been initialized, but the available recording space is shown as a flash of 53mb. I cant get the 1tb default to record long films etc. I am running black hole sept 7 2011-vuplus_experimental software and the Image is Blackhole 1.6.5. Does anyone have any suggestions, do I need to update image etc if so which one is best suited for this receiver?

many thanks KJT

a911

The BH Lover
Hi all, I have just purchased a 1tb hard drive for my Vu+ uno, the receiver detects it and it has been initialized, but the available recording space is shown as a flash of 53mb. I cant get the 1tb default to record long films etc. I am running black hole sept 7 2011-vuplus_experimental software and the Image is Blackhole 1.6.5. Does anyone have any suggestions, do I need to update image etc if so which one is best suited for this receiver?

many thanks KJT

BH 1.73,,,,or BH 1.75 for Parallel Universes (U need to use a USB for universes)!
And U may need to upgrade the Boot loader....plus to protect U'r Uno,,I would recommend to read more about the installation issues at V-C board, make sure to install the correct files!

Have Fun w/BH!

mebken

Vu+ User
if you define your recording path as /hdd/movie, the space available for recording will be the available space in the media mounted as HDD.

You said in your message "the receiver detects it and it has been initialized", but you don't said that you mounted it as HDD or nor? and you must verify if the recording path is set to /hdd/movie.

You can still stay at bh1.6.5 but it will be nice (like said a911) to go to new images 1.7.4 or 1.7.5 with universes.

BH 1.73,,,,or BH 1.75 for Parallel Universes (U need to use a USB for universes)!
And U may need to upgrade the Boot loader....plus to protect U'r Uno,,I would recommend to read more about the installation issues at V-C board, make sure to install the correct files!

Have Fun w/BH!
Many thanks for the info. I will go and have a look and then will post outcome for other forum users. kjt

Hi a911

I have tried to mount this drive, however the recording path does not show the /hdd/movie option. It only shows the f lash option as in usb/media/ option which it seems to be the default path which I cannot adjust.

I think there is something not quite right because I keep getting a green screen with data information closedown and then it reboots the receiver from the B/H shutdown.

I think what is happening is above my knowledge, maybe I need a basic update flash of the receiver, however i have tried to flash 2 different new images and neither will update, I have used the usb method using VIX version 2.4.96 and I have tried BH 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 universes. I have used how to flash info from this forum and followed it to the letter, but alas it has not worked. keeps booting up in old BH version.

Can you guide me further, or do I need to get professional help to get this hard drive to work?

I once again thank you for your expertise from my first post and am willing to try any suggestions, even if it means taking out the hard drive and starting from scratch again.

Kind regards KJT

a911

The BH Lover
Did U try to make Recording Paths from :menu> setup>system>Recording paths!
And I think the HDD need to be formatted to work!

Did U try to make Recording Paths from :menu> setup>system>Recording paths!
And I think the HDD need to be formatted to work!
Hi a911

As per my original post - is intialised the same as being formatted, I assumed that it was?

The full recognition of the HDD is shown on the menu for harddisk

I have followed your last post to the letter and all I have showing on recording paths are the following on all 4 scripts are /media/hub/ no HDD shown

I have tried and I cannot change any of the recording path settings as they are the only options available. I feel the HDD does not seem to be available here.

Any suggestions? Once again thanks for your prompt return posts.

KJT

sorry a911

I used the following route to Recording Paths from :menu> setup>system>Recording paths!
PLEASE NOTE: the 4 scripts shown are /media/usb/ not as previously stated /media/hub/

1, Default Movie Location - I can not change and showing only /media/usb/
2, Timer Record Location - can change to the following settings to - default movie - current movie - last timer - /media/usb/
3, Instant Record Location - can change to the following settings to - default movie - current movie - last timer - /media/usb/
4, Timeshift Location - I can not change and showing only /media/usb/

No sign of the HDD on any of these scripts

I hope that this helps you.

Kind regards
KJT

a911

The BH Lover
sorry a911

I used the following route to Recording Paths from :menu> setup>system>Recording paths!
PLEASE NOTE: the 4 scripts shown are /media/usb/ not as previously stated /media/hub/

1, Default Movie Location - I can not change and showing only /media/usb/
2, Timer Record Location - can change to the following settings to - default movie - current movie - last timer - /media/usb/
3, Instant Record Location - can change to the following settings to - default movie - current movie - last timer - /media/usb/
4, Timeshift Location - I can not change and showing only /media/usb/

No sign of the HDD on any of these scripts

I hope that this helps you.

Kind regards
KJT

Then, I do not know what is the problem, may be you should take it to a computer shop,,I think its HDD issue !
Sorry KTJ, could not give further help!
RgdZ
a911

Then, I do not know what is the problem, may be you should take it to a computer shop,,I think its HDD issue !
Sorry KTJ, could not give further help!
RgdZ
a911
Many thanks anyway a911, it is nice to know that help is out there. I will now use my local satellite shop initially thats where I bought the HDD and see if they can get to the bottom of this problem. I will then post the outcome for future forum knowledge. KJT

Hard drive not formatted to Fat 32 as required for the UNO receiver. Now formatted and running perfectly. MATTER SOLVED

Many thanks a911

regards
KJT