Vu+ Solo Red Light

gavscot

Vu+ Newbie
Yesterday I powered on my reciever and its stuck on the red light. I cant get the reciever to flash via usb or rs232. It is a genuine recivere which was runningBlack Hole 2.1.0.1.

Its a few years old and has been faultless until now. Any ideas on getting it passed the red light or flashed.

Thanks.

Gav.

gavscot

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the reply. The issue with the red light has been sorted. On the psu board there were 2 blown capacitors. I removed the board from the box and asked a local tv repair company to fix it for me as im not the best at soildering. They swapped the capacitors over in 5 min. The box is now working fine. :0

ucf

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the reply. The issue with the red light has been sorted. On the psu board there were 2 blown capacitors. I removed the board from the box and asked a local tv repair company to fix it for me as im not the best at soildering. They swapped the capacitors over in 5 min. The box is now working fine. :0

hello please whiwv one i have to change becaus ei have the same issue red light fix solo

Robsat66

Vu+ Newbie
The Thread says Red light on Vu Solo but here it is on Vu Duo. I have read whats on here but did not find any answer as the board seems different from the Solo. Any way I would like to find some help please if possible. I have a Vu Solo in hand and when power on it stays on red light. I have to wait for about 5 minutes and than sw off and on again and it boots(go on Green light). When I finish and sw it off from mains the red light go off instantly not like normal VU which takes about 30sec to go out after the power off. So in my mind I just said this could be a Capacitor which is not keeping the charge. I opened it and I could not see any blown Capacitor and I am in the dark once again. Is there any one that could help me please and could direct me which capacitor could be faulty on Vu Solo pls. Thanks for now.