Vu+ Ultimo Network Mount

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I'm having problems trying to mount a shared folder from my pc on my ultimo. I've searched through countless forums and tutorials. The ultimo seems to indicate I have completed an CIFS share but when I try to find the mounted folder on my media player its not there?? Is there any additional setting I need to be aware of? Could somebody who has successfully done this be kind enough to give me a step by step guide.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to be able to play movies stored on my PC on my Ultimo. I've also tried the VLC web interface(PC) and VLC plugin(Ultimo) method with no luck either. I get a 403 error.

Thanks in advance

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi,

I'm having problems trying to mount a shared folder from my pc on my ultimo. I've searched through countless forums and tutorials. The ultimo seems to indicate I have completed an CIFS share but when I try to find the mounted folder on my media player its not there?? Is there any additional setting I need to be aware of? Could somebody who has successfully done this be kind enough to give me a step by step guide.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to be able to play movies stored on my PC on my Ultimo. I've also tried the VLC web interface(PC) and VLC plugin(Ultimo) method with no luck either. I get a 403 error.

Thanks in advance
DId you follow the wizard in blue panel, Network Browse & Mountpoints?

Witch version of Windows are you using, because for Windows 7 you require to use a login and password.
You did create it succesfull in the past?

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
I'm using windows 7. I created an Administrator account with user name vu and password vu to make it simple and used this on the Nework wizard on the Ultimo. I called the Network share "My PC". I can see this in the media player but I cannot see my shared folder "movies" in this dir. I made sure this folder is shared with rw to everyone in the network on my PC.

Can you post over here what config you have in your MountManager --> Mountpoints management --> Mounts editor

or if it`s easier automounts.xml in /etc/enigma2

Matrix10

Administrator
I'm using windows 7. I created an Administrator account with user name vu and password vu to make it simple and used this on the Nework wizard on the Ultimo. I called the Network share "My PC". I can see this in the media player but I cannot see my shared folder "movies" in this dir. I made sure this folder is shared with rw to everyone in the network on my PC.

Change the name My PC in movies and record there.
If you can not in subfolder.
Mount agn and test.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Can you post over here what config you have in your MountManager --> Mountpoints management --> Mounts editor

I'll will post the xml when I get home from work thanks

Change the name My PC in movies and record there.
If you can not in subfolder.
Mount agn and test.

When I try delete the mount so that I can try again my Ultimo just hangs with a message "please wait until mount is deleted". I have waited over 20mins and the message is still there.

Matrix10

Administrator
I think You do not have to delete mount
try after box restart and change folder name to make again mount.

Im not using win7 but i have network hdd and cifs working nice.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>

<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.0.2</ip>
<sharename>laptop</sharename>
<sharedir>movies</sharedir>
<options>rw</options>
<username>vu</username>
<password>vu</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</mountmanager>

The sharename for my Laptop is "laptop"

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
cool. when I opened and manually deleted an old share on the xml I can nnow see my .avi files on the mounted folder but unfortunately they are not playing. Do I need in install any additional codecs?

Problem with .avi is that they can have a variety of differents codecs, so you good have bad luck in this case, especily when they`re made with the same bad convertor.
If they`re good then they will just play, or you can have another problem, if you`ve have a sample of one we could test.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
I think you may be right. They may be badly converted avi files. I will test with better files. Thanks ever so much for your help