1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vuplus-community

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shiro, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Shiro

Shiro BH-C

Vu+ has discontinued all cooperation and support with the BlackHole Team.
    The domain vuplus-community.net will soon cease to exist and the board has been moved to www.blackhole-community.com.

We will no longer be able to offer full support for Vu+ products, but only limited help by continuing to make images with the Openbh series, unless something changes in the image that requires an update from Vu+ and this becomes no longer possible.

For this reason and also due to the fact that we are not able to ensure future support for any new Vu+ products, we strongly recommend not purchasing new Vu+ products.

a911, Didi, levi and 4 others like this.
  2. Didi

Didi Vu+ User

Don't even now the producers see that this means the end of the Vu+ brand ? ?
    The success of Vu+ is entirely due to the Vu+ Community team that gave it extraordinary support, in my opinion, BH is the best image ever created for satellite receivers.

3. gerolamo

gerolamo Vu+ User

That BH is the best image in the world is a purely subjective factor so much so that I, who was an absolute estimator of it, have some years ago, turned to the OBH (of the same black hole team). Instead, the contribution that the Black hole team has given to the success of the vu+ decoders is an objective factor, a complete, enviable and until recently exclusive support for the vu+ decoders was not found and is still not found for any else decoder, and for me it was the added value that made me prefer them...
    The fact that the Korean parent company has decided to discontinue their support to the team will only accompany a slow but inexorable decline of these decoders ... too bad ...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2022
  4. Overix

Overix Vu+ Newbie

Im choosen to buy VU+ high end receiver models only because this receiver has BH. I dont want moved to OBH or something else. Im try OBH firmware and some others but after BH this FWs looks like amateur work, BH looks like FW for premium product. Looks like for me VU+ Ultimo 4k is last satellite receiver from this company. Maybe after some years and in 8k generation receivers something change. BH team many thanks for great work and for BH firmware. BH this is a best FW what im seen. Im agree with people above without BH VU+ receivers just piece of trash and this is the decision from VU+ managers cause them great financial loss. Its was very stupid decision, killing best support community for satellite receivers firmware.

Maybe in future BH creators can transfer this firmware on other high end receivers from other brands. Or develop OBH and make this FW looks like BH now. I hope in that!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  5. AlexWilMac

AlexWilMac Moderator

This is your opinion, of course.
    Mine is that I was born and I've loved BH for a while but already OBH 0.6 was much more customizable and full of options and comfortable features BH simply dreamed of and still does.
    So, I switched to OBH already at its immature 0.6 version. Then it came 1.0 and its developments, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 5.0 and now 5.1 and you still wait for a development to have OBH like the messy structure and no functions as BH?
    It won't never happen, fortunately.
    You can't do nothing by BH, not even browsing your devices' folders, not to mention to decide how many rows you want to see in channel list or many other things.
    How long have you tried OBH for the everyday use? Some hours? One day, two? It is an operative system and you can't imagine to be able to judge and understand and, above all, to discover every single features and options of an O.S. in few hours.
    I wrote already in 2018 a little review and OBH has also went on in its improvements since that article!

https://blackhole-community.com/board/threads/why-i-prefer-obh-now-just-my-personal-view.36983/

But you are free to remain in chain with BH instead of tasting the freedom and the completeness of OBH, of course.
    Only, don't ask BH coders to work for an image which is based on the dead code of vuplus: because this another real, big problem with BH! OBH is free also from the vuplus code chains, BH isn't.

a911 and gerolamo like this.
  6. Overix

Overix Vu+ Newbie

AlexWilMac if BH from vuplus absolutely dead also some trouble with code i think this fact all understand. But we can request coders make OBH near like BH. For example add some features from BH. You ask what we miss in OBH. i can say some. its good youtube player, good buttons set on remote(in OBH is weird), alot of video customise options, skins and boot menu. Streaming options in OBH 5.0 streaming from receiver not work properly. BH very good FW with perfect interface design, of course its not not ideal but much better then in OBH. So not need "reinvent the wheel" just make OBH same as BH and all be fine, step by step add some features and UI design like in BH.

7. AlexWilMac

AlexWilMac Moderator

Regards

gerolamo likes this.
  8. p.rodrigues

p.rodrigues Vu+ User

If there is something that works perfectly in OBH is streaming.... much simpler than BH!

What I liked to have at OBH was the network interface similar to BH... In BH the information is complete.

Azam likes this.
  9. gerolamo

gerolamo Vu+ User

We went slightly off topic which I remember was the termination of support by Vu at the forum and its consequences.
    Having said that, I also insert myself into the purely subjective discourse of preference for this or that image (needless to say that I am for the OBH), not forgetting, however, that from an objective point of view OBH is the future, BH is the remote past

AlexWilMac likes this.
  10. paperino61

paperino61 Vu+ User

Hi to all. i've returned on site after few time and I found this bad surprise.......
    This means that all discussion, help and so on with other users are no longer available?

11. AlexWilMac

AlexWilMac Moderator

Why? The fact is practical: apart from the users (like me) who abandoned BH many years ago in favour of the much more comfy OBH, many others have switched to OBH in the recent times and OBH has now its own forum kept by our same coders and admins.
    BH won't be developed any longer, probably (along with what was posted by our coders) but the forum is still here.
    Only, with BH users everyday less in number, will be probably less likely to get answers.

12. paperino61

paperino61 Vu+ User

Hi AlexWilMac, tks for answer..... I have been using OBH for a long time too; what I wanted to ask is: all old discussions and threads are no longer available?
    when You say "OBH has now its own forum kept".....are You talking about is this site: https://board.openbh.net/ ?

p.s.
    I apologize for my english....

13. AlexWilMac

AlexWilMac Moderator

Old threads are already available: as you see, you are posting in the new forum
    blackhole-community.com/
    not in the previous vuplus-community.com/
    and the forum name itself has finally become "Blackhole community". Better late than never, though.

And yes, the OBH new forum is the one at the URL you posted.
    This is also because OBH now support other boxes, too.

paperino61 likes this.