Avermedia Volar HD A835, 0 services found

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
sorry, source? this only with the a835 device?
thanks
The offset can be present in any french dvb-t broadcast. This is not dependant on the dvb-t tuner. The reason is that during the transition from analog to digital broadcasting, the signal is broadcasted in the two formats and in order to minimimize intrferences the Fc is shifted. Attached is a publication from the french broadcasting authority. ( note: it is in french )
The work around is to edit the terrestrial.xml file by adding the offset to the center frequency or to do a manual scan with th ecorrected Fc.

Attachments

• CSATNT.pdf
    532.1 KB · Views: 13

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
sh*t just the first scan worked, the second does not :(
Try to do manual scan on known frequencies and wait one minute after stb displays "scan done". It works for me but it may take long time is you have lots of frequencies to scan.

tobler

Vu+ User
was random , pretty random (for 2 times the scan worked)

edit: hello thanks, with other device NEVER a problem during a scan with the default terrestrial, infact after a failed test with te a835, retesting a scan with a nova-t all fine
but so bad, before i tried using some param and the scan worked :( :( but just a time (one with the other terr.xml with just a freq and after a full scan using the line reported before

so that freq probl is just for the francaise dtt

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
Final coments:

I have just received my Nova T today and installed it. It works well without problem, even without a powered usb hub.
Both sticks AverTV Volar HD A835 and Hauppauge VinTV-Nova T worked very well on the computer so the problem is probably software.
There may be a problem in the driver or the routines specific to the A835.
Until new corrected soft is released for A835, I would advise not getting this stick. Go for the Nova T....

I hope this post can help other people.:D

fabrizio432

Vu+ User
With AVERTV VOLAR GREEN HD and BH 1.6.6 I have no problem at all.

Before (re)scan, power off the receiver and the usb hub or unplug the usb tuner (this is a Volar Greeen issue).

Palinkat

Vu+ User
I received my Sky IT DVB-T stick A867 and it works very well. It is very cheap on Fleebay so I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stick.

OK, so have been using the stick for a week or so. At first it was working perfectly but after a few days the picture started to completely break up and is not watchable anymore. I tried rebooting but still the same.
Attached is a short recording of a channel.
What should I do?

Cheers

Attachments

• 20111119 1335 - 3e - Andromeda.rar
    6.5 MB · Views: 14

tobler

Vu+ User
OK, so have been using the stick for a week or so. At first it was working perfectly but after a few days the picture started to completely break up and is not watchable anymore. I tried rebooting but still the same.
Attached is a short recording of a channel.
What should I do?

Cheers
many dvb-t devices have that kind of problem
as good workaround i added a daily crond job with a box reboot ;)

Palinkat

Vu+ User
many dvb-t devices have that kind of problem
as good workaround i added a daily crond job with a box reboot ;)

Thanks tobler,

I would gladly setup a cron job but for the A867 as for the Volar HD Green, a reboot is not enough, you need to unplug the device as well, thanks fabrizio432! I tried reboot and unplug last night and it corrected the problem. But again, only temporarily.

Angelo, let us know how you get one with the driver update, will this be for all Aver devices?

Cheers!!

tobler

Vu+ User
With AVERTV VOLAR GREEN HD and BH 1.6.6 I have no problem at all.

Before (re)scan, power off the receiver and the usb hub or unplug the usb tuner (this is a Volar Greeen issue).
are you sure that you are using the default terrestrial file?
here using the default one 0 results!

CONOR

Vu+ Newbie
I have solved my issue with my USB Tuner.
box: VU DUO
USB tuner: averTV volar HD usb tuner
iage 1.7.2
I found a link with manual tuner settings for the irish DTT stations.
they were:
For Irish DTT, do a Full Scan (Tuned) with these settings:
Freq. 738000000
Band. 8Mhz
Inversion. Auto
Constellation QAM 64
LP Coderate 1/2
HP Coderate 2/3
Trans. Mode 8k
Guard Interval 1/32
Hierarchy None

So I didnt need to change the tuner config file at all.

When I used these settings it took about 1 min to show all the channels.
The link to thr web page I found it on is : http://www.jeacle.ie/pub/articles/mythtv/

Thanks for all the help recieved.