Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020.
The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost.
We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years.
You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.
The offset can be present in any french dvb-t broadcast. This is not dependant on the dvb-t tuner. The reason is that during the transition from analog to digital broadcasting, the signal is broadcasted in the two formats and in order to minimimize intrferences the Fc is shifted. Attached is a publication from the french broadcasting authority. ( note: it is in french )
The work around is to edit the terrestrial.xml file by adding the offset to the center frequency or to do a manual scan with th ecorrected Fc.
Try to do manual scan on known frequencies and wait one minute after stb displays "scan done". It works for me but it may take long time is you have lots of frequencies to scan.
was random , pretty random (for 2 times the scan worked)
edit: hello thanks, with other device NEVER a problem during a scan with the default terrestrial, infact after a failed test with te a835, retesting a scan with a nova-t all fine
but so bad, before i tried using some param and the scan worked but just a time (one with the other terr.xml with just a freq and after a full scan using the line reported before
I have just received my Nova T today and installed it. It works well without problem, even without a powered usb hub.
Both sticks AverTV Volar HD A835 and Hauppauge VinTV-Nova T worked very well on the computer so the problem is probably software.
There may be a problem in the driver or the routines specific to the A835.
Until new corrected soft is released for A835, I would advise not getting this stick. Go for the Nova T....
With AVERTV VOLAR GREEN HD and BH 1.6.6 I have no problem at all. Before (re)scan, power off the receiver and the usb hub or unplug the usb tuner (this is a Volar Greeen issue).
OK, so have been using the stick for a week or so. At first it was working perfectly but after a few days the picture started to completely break up and is not watchable anymore. I tried rebooting but still the same.
Attached is a short recording of a channel.
What should I do?
OK, so have been using the stick for a week or so. At first it was working perfectly but after a few days the picture started to completely break up and is not watchable anymore. I tried rebooting but still the same.
Attached is a short recording of a channel.
What should I do?
I would gladly setup a cron job but for the A867 as for the Volar HD Green, a reboot is not enough, you need to unplug the device as well, thanks fabrizio432! I tried reboot and unplug last night and it corrected the problem. But again, only temporarily.
Angelo, let us know how you get one with the driver update, will this be for all Aver devices?
I have solved my issue with my USB Tuner.
box: VU DUO
USB tuner: averTV volar HD usb tuner
iage 1.7.2
I found a link with manual tuner settings for the irish DTT stations.
they were: For Irish DTT, do a Full Scan (Tuned) with these settings: Freq. 738000000 Band. 8Mhz Inversion. Auto Constellation QAM 64 LP Coderate 1/2 HP Coderate 2/3 Trans. Mode 8k Guard Interval 1/32 Hierarchy None
So I didnt need to change the tuner config file at all.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.