Black Hole Vu+ Ultimo 2.1.1

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same issue - after installing and then rebooting the system just sits there and nothing happens. Have to now re-install 2.1.0 as this release can't be used unfortunately. If you need something from me let me know and I'll try and send it on to assist with your debugging.

After rebooting it seems all is working fine ow. Seems the initial boot is very very slow.

rddboss

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
Nice work, but there are some problems with zapping channels in bouquets. The name of the channel is displayed correctly, but the number is not. Sometimes the number of the channel is not displayed. And it doesn't zap from the last to the first and from the first to the last. It should switch to the last when I press next while being on the first channel. And the same with the last. When zapping in Multibouquet mode, the same thing happens. Screenshots are in the attached file. Reboot doesn't help.

Attachments

• Channels.png
    Channels.png
    673.5 KB · Views: 80

playtent

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys,

Is it me or is the cable tuner still not working? It finds it and I have an option to configure, but no matter how I do it, it never scans anything. I've swapped to VIX and that scans straight away so I know everything is working. I swap back to BH and no channels found. I've tried all the different setting as recommended on other sites and still nothing. Is this just my problem now as I've never got the cable tuner to work in the BH's I've tried?

thanks

Ev0

Admin
Hi Guys,

Is it me or is the cable tuner still not working? It finds it and I have an option to configure, but no matter how I do it, it never scans anything. I've swapped to VIX and that scans straight away so I know everything is working. I swap back to BH and no channels found. I've tried all the different setting as recommended on other sites and still nothing. Is this just my problem now as I've never got the cable tuner to work in the BH's I've tried?

thanks
You need to add a cables.xml file into /etc/tuxbox for it to know what frequency's to scan.

playtent

Vu+ Newbie
Hi EvO,

Thanks for the reply. I did try that, but on a previous version of BH. I'll try it again thanks, just got to find the cables.xml file again.

Thanks

Ev0

Admin
Hi EvO,

Thanks for the reply. I did try that, but on a previous version of BH. I'll try it again thanks, just got to find the cables.xml file again.

Thanks
I am not 100% sure, but you might need to stop E2 when you transfer the file to the box, so that it see's it.

To do this, telnet into your box and type: init 4 then press enter
then transfer your file with your ftp program to /etc/tuxbox
then in telnet again type: init 3 and press enter again and the box will come back to life, but it will now see the cables.xml file you just added.

playtent

Vu+ Newbie
EvO,

Tried it and same result as before. If I do a complete scan it runs through all the freq's and just says failed next to them all. Finally it says 'Nothing to scan, please set up your tuner before scanning'

Ev0

Admin
EvO,

Tried it and same result as before. If I do a complete scan it runs through all the freq's and just says failed next to them all. Finally it says 'Nothing to scan, please set up your tuner before scanning'

What settings do you have your tuner set too ?

playtent

Vu+ Newbie
DVD-c and I leave it as standard. Config mode enabled. All the EU bands as yes. All the US bands as no. I've set the scan QAM for all as yes. Additional SR is0000

Ev0

Admin
DVD-c and I leave it as standard. Config mode enabled. All the EU bands as yes. All the US bands as no. I've set the scan QAM for all as yes. Additional SR is0000

Go past the frequency bands and frequency steps you should now have the option of Provider ?

If so, see if there is anything in there for your specific provider

playtent

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks. That's where I was going wrong, not changing the settings to provider. I didn't actually realise that could be changed. Now begins the task of favourites and epg's. Thanks for the help.

Balduran

Vu+ Newbie
WARNING! DO NOT USE PERSONAL BACKUP FROM PREVIOUS BLACK HOLE IMAGES, AS THIS WILL MIX KERNELS AND LIBS CAUSING MANY MALFUNCTIONS

mmm, so I cannot import personal settings (DTD,SAT) from previous versions?