Black Hole Vu+ Ultimo v.2.0.0 OE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I am really keen to try this, but I am actually at a loss at how to get started with updating the image.
Can I do this online with the VU+ Ultimo connected to the WiFi or do I have to download on my PC and copy to a USB stick and install from there?
:confused:. Might be a dumb question?
Or do I find a "how to"-guide somewhere here?

atn_1366

Vu+ Newbie
I installed ver 2.0.0 on ultimo .. then update with addon menu to Rev.A (40 updates installed) , then enter update and updated again (Rev.B) and 2 update ( ask vuplus base & timezones alternative ) is downloaded and upgraded ... then restart ... but update Rev.B not installed ......
I try to update again but this happened again and not updated to Rev.B ........!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have problem with timezones ..... I set timezones to +3.30 (Tehran) , but Vu is show time in GMT ... ! time is not changed and problem with timezones ...

Please check problems ...
THX.

Mito

Administrator
I installed ver 2.0.0 on ultimo .. then update with addon menu to Rev.A (40 updates installed) , then enter update and updated again (Rev.B) and 2 update ( ask vuplus base & timezones alternative ) is downloaded and upgraded ... then restart ... but update Rev.B not installed ......
I try to update again but this happened again and not updated to Rev.B ........!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have problem with timezones ..... I set timezones to +3.30 (Tehran) , but Vu is show time in GMT ... ! time is not changed and problem with timezones ...

Please check problems ...
THX.
Try to upgrade again your box.

Meanwhile, download the attached file, unzip it and overwrite the zoneinfo folder on your box /usr/share/zoneinfo/ then restart GUI.

Attachments

• zoneinfo.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 73

atn_1366

Vu+ Newbie
thx mito ,,,,,, this work for me and problem resolved ...

but yet Rev.B not upgraded and not installed !!!!!!!!! maybe for server traffic ?

thx.

Matrix10

Administrator
After removing all folders from hdd describes below, I inform you that LCD picons still do not working.
Is there any help please?

I have not test LCD picons (no time now)
but you have download LCD picon from the server
and you have restart box ??

redbhuiyan

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys it looks great, I am trying to figure out how to transfer personal backup files though as it says it is incompatible. Is there a list of files/formats which are incompatible moving from 1.7.9 to this version, as I finally got my Ultimo set up to a point I am happy with and would love to keep my EPG and addons, so if there is a method of doing this porting exercise fantastic. If however you need alternate formats and have to set up again I guess at this point I would be looking to understand which file types are currently supported and looking to appreciate why.

I have experimented with uploading the old STB and get a recurring crash too and if I can work out why/fix it I will post up, but if anyone has had a similar experience it would be good to hear how it was resolved as it looks like a new build scenario otherwise.

Aleksandarn

Vu+ Newbie
I have not test LCD picons (no time now)
but you have download LCD picon from the server
and you have restart box ??
After restarting my STB, LCD picons showing on VF display but they are on the left side (not on right side of display then they should be) and they are mixed with time line. Also, the clock, showed on the display, is much bigger then it should be and it is moved below (not in the right corner of the display then it should be).I have tried factory reset without success and after that LCD picons not working at all. I was reinstalled my STB again with new image but the problem with LCD picons still persist.
Thank you for reply.

Shiro

BH-C
After restarting my STB, LCD picons showing on VF display but they are on the left side (not on right side of display then they should be) and they are mixed with time line. Also, the clock, showed on the display, is much bigger then it should be and it is moved below (not in the right corner of the display then it should be).I have tried factory reset without success and after that LCD picons not working at all. I was reinstalled my STB again with new image but the problem with LCD picons still persist.
Thank you for reply.

You have to use a different skin_user.xml

Presley

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problems with VFD. It's shows channel name, progress bar and clock only. No EPG line, even no default picon "Black hole". I've updated STB three times. VFD works perfect with BH179. HDD is formated and empty, using default userskin, installed with image. I have even deleted usr and etc folders before update. I saw something like VFD skins in previous versions of BH, maybe there is a way to customize VFD in this version? Thanks

Aleksandarn

Vu+ Newbie
Can you help me with skin_user.xml? What is it? I use original BH skin if this are related to mentioned skin_user.xml.
Thanks for your reply.
I figured out.I was installed BH 1.7.9., where lcd picons works OK and use file skin_user.html from there in new installation of BH 2.0 and after that everything is OK.Just use file skin_user.html from previous BH 1.7.9 (etc/enigma2/skin_user.html and paste that file in new installation of BH2.0 in the same place).

asmurph

Vu+ Newbie
Hi There,
How can I get the permanent clock back, I cant find it in this new image. I found this very useful. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.