Duo2 remote control problems

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
HI!

Just got my New duo2, and have flashed BH 215 on it... But the Remotes are working badly :(

The New duo2 Remote was really unresponsive, only responds to maybe 60% of my commands.
also when i hit e.g "Down key" i get "ok" aswell.
And often i get the command of pressing the red key without touching it!

I thought it was something wrong With the New duo2 Control, so i changed to the old duo Remote... But its the same.

What can i do With this? Its useless for now :(

Please help

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
well... i only switched on the Box to see if it was working, didn`t fool around in the menus like i am now.
So i cant tell if it was working propely then...

What do i do then, factory reset to test?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Factory reset still leaves the BH and doesn't restore the original Vu+ image..
Anyway you can try.

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
ahh :) will try to install original VU image soon... I`ll come back With result.

Seems like the Remote problem is only in the menu section on BH... is working fine when changing channels, and scrolling up\dn in bouquets. Strange....

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
same shit on orignal VU image "vuplus-image-vuduo2-20150410162032_usb.zip" Remote is lagging insanley, and sometimes when i scroll Down in menu, it suddenly goes one up before it continues Down again.
Also if i hold the "Down\up" button i get the stop sign (not allowed)...

What could this be? Someone who has a solution for this?

Matrix10

Administrator
ahh :) will try to install original VU image soon... I`ll come back With result.

Seems like the Remote problem is only in the menu section on BH... is working fine when changing channels, and scrolling up\dn in bouquets. Strange....

Im sorry

Unfortunately I do not believe
if the remote works well in the channel list , must work in the other panels if you scrolling up/dn
Provided that you have not installed anything further in to BH image ,plugin/addon which affects the commands.

So if remote not working , will not work in any panel.

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
Im sorry

Unfortunately I do not believe
if the remote works well in the channel list , must work in the other panels if you scrolling up/dn
Provided that you have not installed anything further in to BH image ,plugin/addon which affects the commands.

So if remote not working , will not work in any panel.

True, was a bit quick to say that... It`s no good in channel list either.
As you can see above i have tested on original image aswell, and same result there.
If im scrolling Down\up in favourites, it suddenly changes to "all" as if im hitting the red button, which im not.

Could there be some interference or something? It`s still the same With New\old duo Remote.

Matrix10

Administrator
True, was a bit quick to say that... It`s no good in channel list either.
As you can see above i have tested on original image aswell, and same result there.
If im scrolling Down\up in favourites, it suddenly changes to "all" as if im hitting the red button, which im not.

Could there be some interference or something? It`s still the same With New\old duo Remote.

Of course, it is possible.
I know one case where it was due to external interference.

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
Since i got the DUO2, i have installed the New bootloader Duo2_CFE_V2 and after that i installed BH 215... Thats all. Could the bootloader mess thing up? Just asking couse i dont know :)

What can i do about this? Return the Box, and get a New one... or better solutions?

Matrix10

Administrator
Since i got the DUO2, i have installed the New bootloader Duo2_CFE_V2 and after that i installed BH 215... Thats all. Could the bootloader mess thing up? Just asking couse i dont know :)

What can i do about this? Return the Box, and get a New one... or better solutions?

Try again to make a CFE update
but you must be sure you have a good file .
Test receiver in another room and can be tested without antenna connected.
If not OK most likely a failure in the receiver.

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
Have tried dosens of different images on my box, new ones, old ones, VU official, BH... But the same on all.

I think it can have something to do with HDMI/cec connection to my samsung tv.

If i hold the "down" button when i`m in the channel list on my duo2, i am scrolling slow on the list. By holding the "down" button in for 20 sec, i got from channel nr. 1 to nr 49
on the list.

When i disconnect the hdmi cable and do the same thing, i got down to channel nr. 184 in 20 sec. Which seems more normal?

Have changed HDMI cable, still the same
Turned OFF HDMI-cec on the tv and reciever, same

I am not able to connect the tv and reciever through HDMI-CEC if i try to do that.
All this is working on my old duo box.

I don`t have another TV at home, so could not test on another one today.

Is there any difference in hdmi drivers etc between duo and duo2?

Thanks to all for helping out :) I hope there is a fix for this...

nunigaia

Have tried dosens of different images on my box, new ones, old ones, VU official, BH... But the same on all.

I think it can have something to do with HDMI/cec connection to my samsung tv.

If i hold the "down" button when i`m in the channel list on my duo2, i am scrolling slow on the list. By holding the "down" button in for 20 sec, i got from channel nr. 1 to nr 49
on the list.

When i disconnect the hdmi cable and do the same thing, i got down to channel nr. 184 in 20 sec. Which seems more normal?

Have changed HDMI cable, still the same
Turned OFF HDMI-cec on the tv and reciever, same

I am not able to connect the tv and reciever through HDMI-CEC if i try to do that.
All this is working on my old duo box.

I don`t have another TV at home, so could not test on another one today.

Is there any difference in hdmi drivers etc between duo and duo2?

Thanks to all for helping out :) I hope there is a fix for this...

I have readed all above posts ... there is nothing regarding batteries, or i loose something! ... Even if your receiver is a new completely set ... try using an all new batteries on your remote control to test!

You can too ... change your HDMI-CEC settings ... and use your TV remote on VUplus Duo2, i own a sony bravia, and the remote of TV, works with DUO2. If in this case the scrolling channels are normal ... the problem is on your VuPlus Duo2 remote control.

best regards
nunigaia

franka20

Vu+ Newbie
I thought it could be something With hdmi\cec, so i changed to composite video... Still the same!

Changed to another tv at another location... WORKS like a charm!!!

So, what can i do next? do not want to by a New telly becouse of my duo2
could this be fixed somehow? my TV is a Samsung plasma tv(model: PS59D555C1KXXE) if that could matter.

Mick12334

Check to see if another remote is active, a stuck key, or something pressing on it, as this could affect other remotes.
You need to eliminate all other possible causes, unplug everything else, and remove the batteries, from other devices, then just check using your VU+ and television.