FPGA upgrade + 1.78 = DVB-T issues

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
I rescanned all tuners (2xDVB-S2 + 1xDVB-T), upgraded my FPGA, and then installed 1.78 on my Ultimo.

Result, I have intermittent picture tearing and pixelization on DVB-T channels. It reminds me of what it was like in the early days of DVB-T support on my Duo using a Hauppage USB tuner.

This was fine before the upgrade. Anyone else having issues? The terrestrial channels in question are Irish.

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
This was working perfectly with the old firmware + 1.72.

Can anyone offer some troubleshooting advice?

Is it possible to revert the firmware?
Should I try driver update?
Or just revert to 1.72?

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know if this is relevant, but on any DVB-T channel, AGC seems to constantly vary between 2% and 94%.
SNR is a constant 99%.

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
Rolled back to 1.76 and 1.72, but problem still there.

Is there any way of rolling back the FPGA update?

Matrix10

Administrator
As you can see no one has reported this problem.

I do not believe that the problem is image and drivers
but your DVB-T tuner or reception.
Something has changed in the meantime ??

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
As far as I know the FPGA upgrade process is in fact just a replacement. You should be able to down/up grade at will.
In fact it is a pity that the version level is not tracked.

Doing a "show info' should report the FPGA version being active. Is this something that can be added?

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
As you can see no one has reported this problem.

I do not believe that the problem is image and drivers
but your DVB-T tuner or reception.
Something has changed in the meantime ??

Thanks for your reply Matrix10.

As far as I can tell, nothing changed. Everything was working fine last week, right up to the moment I started the following:

1. Aquired updated sat.xml
2. Did a full scan of all tuners, and updated my bouquets accordingly
3. Made a Personal Backup
3. Updated FPGA
4. Flashed with 1.78
5. Restored Personal Backup

Plugins in Use:
1. Suomopekia
2. Cool TV Guide
3. AutoTimer
4. Startup Service

Does anyone know where I could get the original FPGA files?

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
I have 4.2, 4.4 and 4.5 saved for UNO. Previous versions attached.

Attachments

• VU+ UNO FPGA v4.4.zip
    78.1 KB · Views: 48
  • VU+ UNO FPGA v4.2.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 21

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for looking into this Nice Monkey.

It's good to know that the FPGA's are different.

Would any BH team members be able to obtain the ooriginal FPGA code from Vu+?

mmattys30

Vu+ Newbie
yes i did a upgrade on both my ultimos and they both have the problems of stuttering on lnb 2 so cant recorded or watch 2nd chanel if recodeing on the first one and i have never ever updated my fpga as i dont no what that is

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
yes i did a upgrade on both my ultimos and they both have the problems of stuttering on lnb 2 so cant recorded or watch 2nd chanel if recodeing on the first one and i have never ever updated my fpga as i dont no what that is

Interesting. Your problems are probably caused by the fact that you did not upgrade FPGA which is mandatory. There is a Plugin installed standard to upgrade FPGA. Just download from VU+ Support and follow instructions.
The others have problems with DVB-C/T tuners because of upgrading. Different problems.

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
I now believe that my problems are cause by the DTT signal being too strong. Going to try and attenuate it over the weekend.

I noticed that previous backups were using a different DTT transmitter. My aerial can pick up three.

Strange how the problem only arose when I updated the FPGA, but I guess it possibly improved reception enough to tip me over the edge. Here's hoping anyway......