How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

Cromby

Vu+ Newbie
You only can acess your movies via network, right?

If is the case take a look to this guide and test ... as i told you on previous posts ... i don´t have ... and i don´t play movies over network ... not even i use XBMC to play movies ( as i have a internal HDD on my DUO2 ).

I prefer over network --> move my movies to HDD with FTP tool, and play them locally!

but take a look to this guide ---> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...ws-7-hdd-movie-folder-with-your-vu-box.13258/

And adapt at your own and particular situation.

best regards
nunigaia

Note: Yours XBMC is working --> your acess to network via XBMC is not!, i think!

WD My Cloud is connected on router and i have acces via my network, it work on Open Black Hole but not on XBMC, i prefer my hdd on router because all is there. My internal HDD STB and My HDD USB have a small memories, i use the internal hdd only for recordings.
I want to have acces of my WD My Cloud direcly on XBMC, it most simple for me but xbmc dont want to laaunched. I can't to deplace any movies to my internal hdd.

but if it is a proble from openblackhole, no problem[/QUOTE]

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
I can not find XBMC folder in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions on BH 2.1.6.1. Do I have to download this plugin from somewhere else?

nunigaia

You can use Mediaplayer2 and Subssuport if you like, as your default player, but you can´t use and don´t search for XBMC on your STB, because there´s no XBMC for first generation Vuplus STB ( Duo, Ultimo, Uno and Solo ), dued to hardware limitations.

Instead of Mediaplayer2, you can use too Enhanced Movie Center or Advanced Movie Player.

Best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

cyberss

Vu+ Newbie
You can use Mediaplayer2 and Subssuport if you like, as your default player, but you can´t use and don´t search for XBMC on your STB, because there´s no XBMC for first generation Vuplus STB ( Duo, Ultimo, Uno and Solo ), dued to hardware limitations.

Instead of Mediaplayer2, you can use too Enhanced Movie Center or Advanced Movie Player.

Best regards
nunigaia

Thank you. But I see devices with one core to be running XBMC without problem.

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I've upgraded my hardware from Dreambox 800HD se to VU solo se v2 so I could also get rid of my htpc with kodi/xbmc.
It starts fine on my VU, I added paths to my network storage drive, added the folders into xbmc path, but when I try to play any movie the screen is just black. nothing happens. The player launches, but that's it. no sound or picture. In Open Black Hole 0.1 I have uninstalled media player and installed enhanced media player. But still nothing. Now it even starts in different resolution, so I see bottom player controls in the middle of the scren..

any ideas?
Do you think Xbmc will also be available in 1920x1080?

nunigaia

Hi,

I've upgraded my hardware from Dreambox 800HD se to VU solo se v2 so I could also get rid of my htpc with kodi/xbmc.
It starts fine on my VU, I added paths to my network storage drive, added the folders into xbmc path, but when I try to play any movie the screen is just black. nothing happens. The player launches, but that's it. no sound or picture. In Open Black Hole 0.1 I have uninstalled media player and installed enhanced media player. But still nothing. Now it even starts in different resolution, so I see bottom player controls in the middle of the scren..

1) - any ideas?
Do you think Xbmc will also be available in 1920x1080?

1) - I dont´t use XBMC over network!

2) - Are you talking about XBMC skins? Afaik we have 1280x720p resolution, but for skins, with mediaplayer2 and enhanced movie center, you can handle movies 1920x1080 ( full hd ), without any problems.

Note: You can try with DLNA BROWSER and search your Media content over network!

Last edited:

maddog12

Vu+ Newbie
I've installed media player 2 but every time I open anything on xbmc it defaults to the internal player even with selecting e2 player is there anything I need to change in playercorefactory.xml to force xbmc to use media player 2?

nunigaia

I've installed media player 2 but every time I open anything on xbmc it defaults to the internal player even with selecting e2 player is there anything I need to change in playercorefactory.xml to force xbmc to use media player 2?

You need to put the plugin.py file --> download the one, regarding you using FullHD skin ( 1920x1080 ) or HD Skin ( 1280x720 ).
You can found this files on --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...mediaplayer2-as-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/

Take a look to the guide, there you are noticed where to put the file plugin.py.
Upon upload this file to your STB --> Restart enigma ( GUI ) --> and enjoy!

best regards
nunigaia

Cromby

Vu+ Newbie
I have two problems:

1) When i watch three videos on xbmc and i left to return to Open Black Hole, i have like a filter greyish on the channel and when i click on ok or menu, the lumonisty is ok and when i click exit for to watch the channel, i have the filter greyish, so strange

2) when i left xbmc, i have automatiquely the menu plugin, it is possible to remove that ?