How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

said006

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have a Solo2 with BH 3.0.3 G and I have installed all packages as described in post 1.
The Subssupport works very good, only Mediaplayer2 doesnt work. I deleted the old Mediaplayer and replaced the 1080p plugin.py
Now I get green error screen every time Mediaplayer2 starts. Because of this green screen, every addon in Kodi is deleted every time after Enigma2 GUI restart.
How can I solve this?
Nevermind, i got it working by deleting MediaPlayer2 and installing the Mediaplayer2 and plugin.py from the post above from nunigaia.
Now I have the issue that in Kodi, Mediaplayer2 doesnt appear to be searching for subtitles. It says 0 subtitles found. I have tried all services and multiple movies and series, but it appears he doesnt even bother to search for subs.

nunigaia

I tested the plugin.py file for open black hole 1.0.009 in Duo2. It does not work and deletes e.g. KODI from the plugins menu completely . Neither works the one in the original thread:

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/mediaplayer2-upgrade-05-11-2015-howto-make-mediaplayer2-your-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/

So there is probably no working plugin.py for open black hole?? And no way to get subtitles and mediaplayer 2 working in this image?

You don´t need this ... Kodi has the internal player and assigned by default subssuport.

Although if you want, you can use MediaPlayer2 to play your Media under enigma2.

best regards
nunigaia

Dertom

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks. Can you close the linked thread with this notion, so people dont try to mess with their boxes. Btw which one of these players can show 1080p content?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nunigaia

Thanks. Can you close the linked thread with this notion, so people dont try to mess with their boxes. Btw which one of these players can show 1080p content?

Yes, why not?

best regards
nunigaia

Dertom

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, why not?

best regards
nunigaia
KODI subtitles work like charm in PC, but how can I get the embedded player to use the KODI own subtitles in vuduo2? In the player there seems to be no button to get them. Or is the player I am using the enigma player? There are two alternatives: play with E2player or videoplayer. There is no difference which one I choose. Pressing subtitles in the player goes to E2 subsupport. Is this the only way?

nunigaia

KODI subtitles work like charm in PC, but how can I get the embedded player to use the KODI own subtitles in vuduo2? In the player there seems to be no button to get them. Or is the player I am using the enigma player? There are two alternatives: play with E2player or videoplayer. There is no difference which one I choose. Pressing subtitles in the player goes to E2 subsupport. Is this the only way?

Why don´t read careffully this post --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...2-updated-07-09-2016.22012/page-9#post-230091

You have to use SubsSupport! ... and don´t compare please enigma2 STB ... with PC´s or other architecture devices.

regards
nunigaia

Dertom

Vu+ Newbie
Why don´t read careffully this post --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...2-updated-07-09-2016.22012/page-9#post-230091

You have to use SubsSupport! ... and don´t compare please enigma2 STB ... with PC´s or other architecture devices.

regards
nunigaia

Video and subtitles work fine now. Mp3 is another issue. There is no sound when audio files are played. The player seems to be KODIs PAplayer. Is there a workaround to get enigma mediaplayer to play these files?

Cheers...

HasanMUSA

Vu+ Newbie
hi i cant get it to work on uno 4k, have got media player2 working but when i install the py file from page 8 kodi will no longer load. is there something else i need to do for the uno 4k's

thanks

galoper

Vu+ Newbie
You don´t need this ... Kodi has the internal player and assigned by default subssuport.

Although if you want, you can use MediaPlayer2 to play your Media under enigma2.

best regards
nunigaia

Hello. I'm trying to use Kodi in my new Vu Solo 2. Its works perfectly using BH image, except the subtitles. As i can understand Kodi isn´t using his internal player, the title of the movies or series doesn´t appear correctly written and the subtitles service cant find any.
I´m a regular user of an android box, would like to be able to usi my VU as i use the box, with the same mediaplayer as the box, can i? How?

Thanks

wave1975

Vu+ Newbie
4 me it is a mystery that no one bothers to answer these common questions: is Kodi working with subtitles on our boxes?
Simple as that.
I got a uno,4K, loaders the latest bh image , got kodi 17.0 in the image, added all the add on, plus the subs, and it is NOT WORKINg
Now, there was a workaround in the past but u say it should work nice now..
Well it is not!

Any ideas or at least anyone cares about it?

nunigaia

4 me it is a mystery that no one bothers to answer these common questions: is Kodi working with subtitles on our boxes?
Simple as that.
I got a uno,4K, loaders the latest bh image , got kodi 17.0 in the image, added all the add on, plus the subs, and it is NOT WORKINg
Now, there was a workaround in the past but u say it should work nice now..
Well it is not!

Any ideas or at least anyone cares about it?

Who saids that no one bothers? You are completely wrong, but there are things more important to fix rather then test if subtitles downloads, works or not with kodi 17.0.

You must be patient and wait that someone can help you or knows the answers to your issues!

best regards
nunigaia