How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Adding <screen name="MediaPlayerLCDScreen" ... > to the skin_user.xml and then the rest of the code (to add icons, progress bar, etc) fixes vfd when using default mediaplayer or mediaplayer2.

Falo

Vu+ Newbie
I'm running a Vu+ Solo2 and XMBC, I've recently configured XMBC and have loaded all my content stored on a HDD attached to my router via SAMBA shares. Before and after installing MediaPlayer2 none of my SAMBA shares played - all I get is a blank screen. XMBC seems recognise the files but MediaPlayer2 won't play it and there's no timecode, beginning to end. Oddly enough, if I try and play the same files through DLNA on XMBA they play fine but you cannot parse from DLNA and add then to you TV and Movies section on XMBC and display them properly. As I've spent considerable time loading my SAMBA shares and getting TheMovieDatabase and TVdb to display all the information I'd like to be able to play my files via SAMBA. I've attached a picture as as an example of what I'm seeing when I try to play a file from my TV library. Any help anyone can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated! I've spent a lot of time on this and don't want it to be for nothing.
.View attachment 19510

Falo

Vu+ Newbie
I'm running a Vu+ Solo2 and XMBC, I've recently configured XMBC and have loaded all my content stored on a HDD attached to my router via SAMBA shares. Before and after installing MediaPlayer2 none of my SAMBA shares played - all I get is a blank screen. XMBC seems recognise the files but MediaPlayer2 won't play it and there's no timecode, beginning to end. Oddly enough, if I try and play the same files through DLNA on XMBA they play fine but you cannot parse from DLNA and add then to you TV and Movies section on XMBC and display them properly. As I've spent considerable time loading my SAMBA shares and getting TheMovieDatabase and TVdb to display all the information I'd like to be able to play my files via SAMBA. I've attached a picture as as an example of what I'm seeing when I try to play a file from my TV library. Any help anyone can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated! I've spent a lot of time on this and don't want it to be for nothing.
.View attachment 19510
I had the same problem having no picture in media player when starting movies frlm kodi mounted with samba. Folliwing the steps posted by 'darian23' in the thread below fixed my problems. Good luck! :http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/nas-mediacenter-and-vu-duo.10305/

psycho_lod

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everybody,
installed everything and works vert well, but i have minor question, the subtitle menu is very small (font size is small), it is possibile to get bigger font?
I don't telling about subtitle font but the menu font (where i choose subtitle).
thanks

nunigaia

Hello everybody,
installed everything and works vert well, but i have minor question, the subtitle menu is very small (font size is small), it is possibile to get bigger font?
I don't telling about subtitle font but the menu font (where i choose subtitle).
thanks

You must ask for that to the plugin developer.

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
It's also working for Vu+ Solo2 BH 3.0.2F?
If wel can i first uninstall mediaplayer and then install Mediaplayer2?
Thanks

nunigaia

I was to fast... last week i've installed Mediaplayer2 without make the others steps.
How can i correct it?

There's nothing complicated:

I'm thinking if you are not missing installing " SubsSupport plugin " from the feeds ( if this is not included in BlackHole 3.0.2F image ), iḿ not at home to verify this.

Only 3 steps:

1 ) Install SubsSupport version 1.5.4 from the feeds ( if not installed, you can verify this is plugins browser )

2 ) Install MediaPlayer2 ... you can doi it from the feeds too.

3) Copy the plugin.zip file referred on my link ( http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...fault-player-kodi-16-1r2-bh-3-0-2-only.28282/ ), unpack it to a folder in your PC and upload it to:

Code:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Kodi

§ reboot your STB

That's all

best regards
nunigaia

vuok

Vu+ Newbie
There's nothing complicated:

I'm thinking if you are not missing installing " SubsSupport plugin " from the feeds ( if this is not included in BlackHole 3.0.2F image ), iḿ not at home to verify this.

Only 3 steps:

1 ) Install SubsSupport version 1.5.4 from the feeds ( if not installed, you can verify this is plugins browser )

2 ) Install MediaPlayer2 ... you can doi it from the feeds too.

3) Copy the plugin.zip file referred on my link ( http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...fault-player-kodi-16-1r2-bh-3-0-2-only.28282/ ), unpack it to a folder in your PC and upload it to:

Code:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Kodi

§ reboot your STB

That's all

best regards
nunigaia

100% Done and ok!! Thanks Nunigaia.

nunigaia

MediaPlayer2 Version 062 from 04/09/2016

Changelog v0.62 (4.9.2016):

• added serviceapp support + dynamic switching between players
  • enable cuesheets for all services
  • fix DMM image support
  • addes "show in filelist option" to context menu
  • updated polish translations by @mickeyreg
Installation:
  1. install subssupport >= 1.5.1
  2. install mediaplayer2.

Installation by using ftp and telnet command lines:

1) - By using an FTP tool, like ( Vucc, Dreambox Control Center, WinScp, Filezilla, etc ... )
  • Download both "IPK" packages files to your PC and upload it to your STB /tmp folder.
2) - By using telnet enter the following commands one by one:

Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

killall -9 enigma2

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.62-20160903_all.ipk
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,438
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.4_20151105_all.ipk
    468.9 KB · Views: 1,104

seagate1

Vu+ Newbie
thanks nunigaia to install the new player, do i need to start from post 1, ive just put bh 3.2 f on multiboot obh 0.6 in flash, i ask because its a solo 4k i want to try kodi.

nunigaia

thanks nunigaia to install the new player, do i need to start from post 1, ive just put bh 3.2 f on multiboot obh 0.6 in flash, i ask because its a solo 4k i want to try kodi.

Yes, you have to follow this guide. But better is that you upload the plugin.py file located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/Kodi, in order that i can modify the plugin.py for handling MediaPlayer2 in Kodi.
You only have to install Subssupport plugin and MediaPlayer2 and put the plugin.py file in the mentioned location.

Zip the file and upload it here ... and tell me what is the image is regarding to.

best regards
nunigaia

radopis

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
just a question. Is it possible to use the native media player that comes with kodi ? Like the one for raspberry ?

nunigaia

Hello
just a question. Is it possible to use the native media player that comes with kodi ? Like the one for raspberry ?

Sorry, but i don´t know how kodi for raspberry works, and we can´t compare different devices. This thread is for " how to install MediaPlayer2 ", so you are OT ( :offtopic:).

best regards
nunigaia

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I have Re=flashed my 4K solo with Open BH 0.6 and all went OK, I've also installed Media player2 from systems plugins, the problem is that whenever I play video from Kodi it plays with the default player.
Do I still delete media player from Extentions folder? or do I have to start from scratch as shown on topic 1

Regards

nunigaia

Hi

I have Re=flashed my 4K solo with Open BH 0.6 and all went OK, I've also installed Media player2 from systems plugins, the problem is that whenever I play video from Kodi it plays with the default player.
Do I still delete media player from Extentions folder? or do I have to start from scratch as shown on topic 1

Regards

Can you please upload here the plugin.py file regarding Kodi ( OpenBh 06 image ).

You can download it, by connecting to your Solo4k at:

• /usr/lib/enigma2/plugin/extensions/kodi
Download it to your PC ... zip it ... and upload it here.

best regards
nunigia

carwash

Vu+ Newbie
Can you please upload here the plugin.py file regarding Kodi ( OpenBh 06 image ).

You can download it, by connecting to your Solo4k at:

• /usr/lib/enigma2/plugin/extensions/kodi
Download it to your PC ... zip it ... and upload it here.

best regards
nunigia
Thank you"

Please find attached

Regards

Attachments

• plugin.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 205