How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

satspock

BH Lover
subsupport already in bh3.03, must i install MediaPlayer2 Version 062 and then put plugin.py.
Because kodi works but the mediapayer wich is in bh3.03 dont support subtitles select .

satspock

BH Lover
i installed mediaplayer 2 and then replaced plugin.py and the i reboot, after that i get little screen ( 1/3 of normal screen) kodi this is not good, is this because bh 3.03 is dfferent then bh3.02?

isadar

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same issue as satspock...following the same procedure on 3.0.3 and it worked...BUT...my Kodi OSD is small...1/3 of the screen. The movies are playing correctly but is a problem with the OSD Kodi resolution...please help...

nunigaia

I have the same issue as satspock...following the same procedure on 3.0.3 and it worked...BUT...my Kodi OSD is small...1/3 of the screen. The movies are playing correctly but is a problem with the OSD Kodi resolution...please help...

STB used? Upload your plugin.py file located in:

Code:
/usr/lib/enigma2/plugin/extensions/kodi/

best regards
nunigaia

Reactions: Ghk

isadar

Vu+ Newbie
Here you go. My plugin.py file attached. Using a Vu+ Duo2 with BH 3.0.3...just installed last Saturday.

Thanks !

Attachments

• plugin.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Ghk

isadar

Vu+ Newbie
Just to mention. Kodi is working well, subtitles works. Just that the OSD is 1/3 of the screen. In top left part. I will post a pic later when I get home.

nunigaia

Here you go. My plugin.py file attached. Using a Vu+ Duo2 with BH 3.0.3...just installed last Saturday.

Thanks !

Test this version and reinstall MediaPlayer2 ( the attached version ). Please don´t forget to reply, even if it works, thanks in advance.

regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• plugin.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 259
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.61+git23+3a21a38_all.ipk
    42.9 KB · Views: 239

satspock

BH Lover
For mr doesnt work kodi now is oversized , set my tv to scan but doesnt gve solution, movie size is good but doesnt find subtitles search but doesnt find (using exodus.) use mediaplayer2 from the addonfeed and plugin py from nunigaia. vu ultimo 4 k

nunigaia

must i use this, because i havent . python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

If you want to install this python-file, do this, although, or it's available ( embedded ) in image or on the feeds... in any case, run the following command via telnet:

Code:
opkg install python-xmlrpc

or it must result in " invalid architecture ".

best regards
nunigaia

slash82

Vu+ Newbie
"Test this version and reinstall MediaPlayer2 ( the attached version ). Please don´t forget to reply, even if it works, thanks in advance.

regards
nunigaia"

Thanks work like a charm on my vusolo se v2 with BH 3.0.2

del_piero3

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone.

I have tested to install Mediaplayer2 in addition to using the plugin.py file because i wanted to use Kodi as i am used to that software from when i was using my Prismcube Ruby. However, with Mediaplayer embedded into my Blackhole image, i remain on a black screen when trying to play any video on my NAS (AVI, MKV, ...). This issue is also present by trying to play from Mediaplayer directly. Then i installed Mediaplayer 2 from the repo, as it seems to be the same versions as you propose here and now i have a different issue. When lauching the video from Kodi, Mediaplayer2 is correctly launched, the video appear in the playlist but the playback doesn't start automatically, i have to do menu, switch to playlist and then ok to start the movie. Quite annoying.
Mediaplayer2 is also not respecting the aspect ratio and changing it with the key 5 doesn't do anything to the picture. I see the message on the top left corner about the different ratio activated, but image remains stretched when it should have black borders on top and bottom to keep the good ratio (cinemascope vs 16/9).

My image is the Blackhole for Vu+ solo 2 version 3.0.3C. I hope to get some help, the reciever is really great, only this isn't working good.

nunigaia

Hello everyone.

I have tested to install Mediaplayer2 in addition to using the plugin.py file because i wanted to use Kodi as i am used to that software from when i was using my Prismcube Ruby. However, with Mediaplayer embedded into my Blackhole image, i remain on a black screen when trying to play any video on my NAS (AVI, MKV, ...). This issue is also present by trying to play from Mediaplayer directly. Then i installed Mediaplayer 2 from the repo, as it seems to be the same versions as you propose here and now i have a different issue. When lauching the video from Kodi, Mediaplayer2 is correctly launched, the video appear in the playlist but the playback doesn't start automatically, i have to do menu, switch to playlist and then ok to start the movie. Quite annoying.
Mediaplayer2 is also not respecting the aspect ratio and changing it with the key 5 doesn't do anything to the picture. I see the message on the top left corner about the different ratio activated, but image remains stretched when it should have black borders on top and bottom to keep the good ratio (cinemascope vs 16/9).

My image is the Blackhole for Vu+ solo 2 version 3.0.3C. I hope to get some help, the reciever is really great, only this isn't working good.

This has nothing to do with MediaPlayer2, but with the sources you are trying to play ... I've severall movies on my HDD, and some of them ( few ) it results the same as you are repporting, but the others has the black boards ( up and down ).

best regards
nunigaia

del_piero3

Vu+ Newbie
This has nothing to do with MediaPlayer2, but with the sources you are trying to play ... I've severall movies on my HDD, and some of them ( few ) it results the same as you are repporting, but the others has the black boards ( up and down ).

best regards
nunigaia

Sounds strange because i didn't had this behavior on my Prismcube ... And how to track why the playback doesn't start automatically ?

said006

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have a Solo2 with BH 3.0.3 G and I have installed all packages as described in post 1.
The Subssupport works very good, only Mediaplayer2 doesnt work. I deleted the old Mediaplayer and replaced the 1080p plugin.py
Now I get green error screen every time Mediaplayer2 starts. Because of this green screen, every addon in Kodi is deleted every time after Enigma2 GUI restart.
How can I solve this?