Mod for Solo (Internal HUB USB, DVB-T, Fan and Hard Disk)

SOLO MAN

Vu+ Newbie
There is not space for internal hdd in vu+solo.
I do not think so ;)

Here are some pictures of my VU+ Solo with internal HDD, DVB-T tuner, USB HUB with one more free internal port, totally silent 10 cm fan (Sychte)..:oops:

Regards from Croatia.

spa0065.jpg

spa0064.jpg

Tamaki

Administrator
I do not think so ;)

Here are some pictures of my VU+ Solo with internal HDD, DVB-T tuner, USB HUB with one more free internal port, totally silent 10 cm fan (Sychte)..:oops:

Regards from Croatia.
Nice, i mean that there is not a prepared space for an internal HDD.
All can be done, but it is an artificer work :)

SOLO MAN

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.

Sorry for late reply!

HUB is Belkin Lighted USB Hub 2.0 4-Port High-Speed.
Fan is Scythe SY1012SL12L (1000RPM) KAZE JYU SLIM 100mm Fan.
HDD is Transcend Storejet 25M 250 GB (Power Saving Mode: 10 mins
wink.gif
)
DVB-T is EMTEC s810 (DIB 0700)
I have put on all chips in the box these little heatsinks
wink.gif
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250525419853&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

I have pulled out from the housing HUB, HDD, DVB-T tuner and put them in the receiver as shown on the enclosed pictures.

Attachments

• pict.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 369

tsiklon

Vu+ Newbie
I do not think so ;)

Regards from Croatia.

spa0065.jpg

@solo man - how/where do you connect the USB hub internally - what is at the other end of the mini-USB cable on left? Also, what sort of power supply do you use for the USB HUB and what voltage?

Thanks!

SOLO MAN

Vu+ Newbie
@tsiklon, USB hub is connected to front USB pin on MB and front USB is connected to HUB! Power supply is from this HUB! I will put some more pictures when i find time!

fabrizio432

Vu+ User
Hi.

Sorry for late reply!

HUB is Belkin Lighted USB Hub 2.0 4-Port High-Speed.
Fan is Scythe SY1012SL12L (1000RPM) KAZE JYU SLIM 100mm Fan.
HDD is Transcend Storejet 25M 250 GB (Power Saving Mode: 10 mins
wink.gif
)
DVB-T is EMTEC s810 (DIB 0700)
I have put on all chips in the box these little heatsinks
wink.gif
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250525419853&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

I have pulled out from the housing HUB, HDD, DVB-T tuner and put them in the receiver as shown on the enclosed pictures.

I like your work, but what about the noise of the slim fan, and where did you attach it?

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
I just did the same mod. Put in a usb-hub with wifi-dongle and a sata 2.5" hdd. But I have no heatsinks and no fan. I think the box is getting quite hot. Think I will try to add fan and heatsinks. But where can I get 12V to power the fan?

7a4db969af8a611d4f98a6d6a9321ca2.jpg

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
And what is better, sucking hot air out of the box or blowing cold air into the box? Direction of the fan I mean. And is there enough holes in the box for decent airflow?

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks. I did notice that before, just had forgotten. Guess I could power the usb-hub from the 5V there as well.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have not made ​​the modifications but I work in electronics
Looking at pictures
I think you still have to take greater account of the possibility of short circuits.

Rgd MX

tsiklon

Vu+ Newbie
Can someone who has done this mod please indicate where on the MB the location of the connector for the front USB port? And how they connected it to the hub please?

mboard.jpg

Is P203 the correct set of pins?

usbfront.jpg

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
I have not made ​​the modifications but I work in electronics
Looking at pictures
I think you still have to take greater account of the possibility of short circuits.

Rgd MX

You are refering to my soldering work? Its very dodgy! Will try to clean it up when I install the fan and heatsinks. I am an utter amateur when it comes to soldering so I just did the best I could with what I had. Poor tools and material to work with. But so far so good. I dont think the connections will move much when the box just sits on the shelf. The wires are quite stuck in their positions. But still, its not pretty :)

bo1e

Vu+ Newbie
Can someone who has done this mod please indicate where on the MB the location of the connector for the front USB port? And how they connected it to the hub please?
You should pretty easily be able to track the cable from the motherboard to the usb-port on the front. Its a four wire cable between the ca-slot and the ribbon cable. Marked P203 like you mentioned. I soldered the usb hub cable to the pins on the mobo. Make sure you do a better job than I did, to avoid shorts.