Problem with tuner DVB-T Usb

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I downloaded vhannibal settings for my DVB-T zone, but nothing to do, AGC on about 60% but SNR 1% (all mine updated images except BH 2.0.1, VTI drivers downgraded by steps to 11.01.2013, but the same results). So I picked the stick with antenna cable attached, I did a scan with Win XP, ???? !!!!, 258 working channels found. I don't know what's happening (I did scanning with Vu+ Duo OpenPLi last update, found 7 channels: It's my wife lovable box :chair:).
So tomorrow back to BH testings (I hope, it will work at least like 3 days ago: 300 channels found).

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Paolino you must overwrite at the image your terrestial.xml of your zone, to be able the scan of DVB-T.

Is very strange that any drivers encoder of blackhole team said anything at this topic.

Regards!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Paolino you must overwrite at the image your terrestial.xml of your zone, to be able the scan of DVB-T.

Is very strange that any drivers encoder of blackhole team said anything at this topic.

Regards!

I've never did it (overwritting of terrestrial.xml, my zone MI- Italy). It's also true, that I did a scan of terrestrial channels only after fresh install of image and not anymore. It worked on my Duo and Solo2 too without any problems.
I'll take a look to modprobe.d/options what configuration has dvb_usb_dib0700 driver.

Thanks a lot.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I take a look at some terrestrial.xml files. I think, that files in my boxes are OK (default Europe DVB-T frequencies), I'll check this evening and will report.

Have a nice day from Italy!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Found my BH backup! Default terrestrial.xml is OK, it's using Europe DVB-T standard defined frequencies, I did a scan without problems (313 channels found, WinXP 258) so it's not necessary to edit it for normal use. Issue with other images I'll try later (DVB-T channel search and pixeling).

/etc/modprobe.d/options doesn't exists in BH, VTI, original, so I don't know, where I can set options for dvb-usb-xxxxx drivers (driver is working OK, so isn't necessary).

Bug found: You have 2 sat simple inputs configured (A=23,5e B=13e) and 1 dvb-t with your channels list. You change configuration to A=23,5 B=loopthrough to A and delete 13e channels. Shutdown (main switch still ON) > Box ON, none of the channels is visible (tuners dont lock channels, only AGC 41%, SNR 1%). When you turn off box with main switch too, everything runs normal (maybe that's origin of my problem with other images DVB-T search).

Pixeling problem: DVB-T SD same channel PIP: Main picture freezing, pixeling, Small picture freezing, pixeling and not synchronized with main picture with differences up to 7 seconds.
Seems Broadcom BCM 7356 processor driver problem, not USB DVB-T drivers (cache for USB dataflow ?).

Regards!

Javi5555

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Paolino!

Well, you will be sure that is an image problem.
I have the same bug with DVB-T with all my usb DVB-T tuners.

I hope that someone from backhole team into the thread and tell us something abaut this great bug.
It is very strange that have not yet done.

Regards!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
And this one is really GREAT f*****g s**t. I'm asking Vu+ to check and resolve! Explanation: I have my last BH 2.0.1 rev.A backup with Hauppauge WinTV Nova T..... channels scan like I wrote some posts before. I did a DVB-T scan again with default Europe DVB-T terrestrial.xml included in image > 318 channels found. They are working well (instead of pixeling we are talking about) with AGC 68% SNR 50%. So I did a settings backup and I flashed Vu+ 2.1 vuplus-image-vusolo2-20130228041135_usb.zip fresh image (no addons or plugins) . I tried to scan DVB-S channels Astra 23,5e > OK, Europe DVB-T > no channels found. Next I loaded to box my BH settings (they were working at 100% on BH) and when I select an DVB-T channel, I have AGC 68% and SNR 1% (FREE DVB-T channel, no image or sound at all), DVB-S are the same, like on BH.

@Javi5555 : could you try, like I did (with original Vu+ 2.1)?

I don't think that it's a BH problem (pixeling), because BH is working in some way with DVB-T. The problem is, that the source (Vu+) is not working.

Thak you in advance!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
No way to make work (tuner detected, but doesn't find any channels, those founded before by BH and loaded by Dream Settings have 70% AGC and SNR 1%) my WinTV on other images (official too!!!!), except of BH 2.0.1.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
OpenPLi doesn't allow me to install dib0700 drivers (no green screen), myWinTV Nova T is unusable with it.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
So OpenAAF doesn't load dib0700 at all and has bad translations of menus (German instead of Czech). I'll try VIX this evening.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
You were right, Javi5555, I did channel search and box founded 323 channels, but the freezing of same channel on main and PIP happened after 10 seconds of viewing. They remained frozen both and DVB-T tuner is not responding anymore. Also changing to DVB-S and back to DVB-T, the DVB-T is not working anymore.

The question is: why Vu+ doesn't sell DVB-T external USB tuner with official support, like they do with Wlan adapter? They could earn money.