Ultimo FPGA update problem

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I am trying to fpga update a vu+ ultimo.
I have tried with BH 1.73 clean install ( no extra plugin ).
I have tried with vu+ official image 7.0.
I have tried online update and using files downloaded onto usb stick.
I have the same error message when I select to install TS_PRO.dat: [Errno 5] input/output error.
I have updated another ultimo with no problem using the same procedure.
Any idea of the problem?
Thank you for your help

paolino

Vu+ User+++
This is the standard procedure, it woked for one ultimo. The second ultimo gives "[errno 5] input/output error" when you try to update.

Your error points to read/write problem to mounted disks (search on web for an Linux errno5 input/output problem), could be a problem of your USB stick or BIOS memory.

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
In order to eliminate all possible factors, I removed all that I could from box: hardware and software.
The ultimo has no HD, no usb stick, no cam module, I even tried with only one sat tuner.
I made clean install with no plug in of original vu+ 7.0 image and BH1.7.3 then setup tuner and scan satellite.
I can receive fta chanels with symbol rate up to 30 000.
I always have the same error when trying to do FPGA update

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Why don't you flash an BH 2.0.1 and do an FPGA update? Didn't allow you to flash? Some errors on flashing?

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
I have believed that you needed to do fpga update before going 2.01.
I just tried 2.01 but no luck; same error.
I am thinking about a hardware problem but I want to make check all possibilities because shipping the box back to the dealer will be quite a lot of trouble and cost a lot because I reside far over seas.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I have believed that you needed to do fpga update before going 2.01.
I just tried 2.01 but no luck; same error.
I am thinking about a hardware problem but I want to make check all possibilities because shipping the box back to the dealer will be quite a lot of trouble and cost a lot because I reside far over seas.

Depends on date of production of your box, from September 2012 should have already FPGA 4.5. And that error points to problem with writting to internal FLASH, try to check some local dealer, what could be the price of eventual repair or if he can do something for warranty.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Can you try to connect to your box by FTP and do some reading/writting files to your internal flash too?

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
The box was purchased in feb 2012.
I can flash, configure, ftp, telnet to the box normally.
I flashed the box with BH 2.01 and configured it.
I can watch chanels on transponders with symbol rate up to 30 000.
Is there another way to update the FPGA?

try to upload unzipped files to /tmp instead of using USB, if you have not done it yet.
You need ts_pro.dat and its checksum in /tmp
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuultimo/4.5/

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried ftp the files to /tmp and to HD also and I still get the same error.
I can actually see the update progress bar for half a second then the box displays the error message.

Ev0

Admin
If your box lets you install and use BH 2.0.1 then you do not need to do the FPGA update. As far as I am aware this means the update has already been done, and that could well be why you are having this error now.

lsmirsat

Vu+ Newbie
If your box lets you install and use BH 2.0.1 then you do not need to do the FPGA update. As far as I am aware this means the update has already been done, and that could well be why you are having this error now.

FPGA 4.5 is required to receive transponders with symbol rate above 30 000. I have one transponder in my sat service at 45 000. I can only view the chanels from this transponder on the other ultimo that accepted the FPGA update.

The box has no HD and no USB stick connected.
I tried with:
- 2 sat and one dvb c/t tuner
- one sat tuner
- one dvb c/t tuner
- no tuner
- network adapter disabled and disconnected after downloading the files for the update to /tmp

I still get the same error message

paolino

Vu+ User+++
FPGA 4.5 is required to receive transponders with symbol rate above 30 000. I have one transponder in my sat service at 45 000. I can only view the chanels from this transponder on the other ultimo that accepted the FPGA update.

Did you try to invert tuners from that one, which is working, to one which is not workig over 30.000?