Duo / DuoLE Vu-duo is Dead

Pitere

Vu+ Newbie
Dear guybrush, sorry for the delay. I confirm replacement of capacitors rounded on your picture of power unit. I replaced all of those capacitors just to be sure but only 814 and 815 were burned (located in center of power unit).
In my previous msgs you can see all of capacitors replaced on my Duo. Bye

guybrush

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks,
I changed the capacitators, in my board labeled as C14 C15, C23 and C25
(Check my previous post for detailed picture)
it was hard to melt the soldering and this time is a must since you can not do the trick of reuse the old "legs"
I used 33W solder (I have to buy a better one for the future).
any way I'm missing the point here.
I can report that the box is back to normal.
I can switch it off and inmediatelly switch it back on and it boots perfectly.
So big thak you for your support.
and hopefully my post helps also to other members.

Dear guybrush, sorry for the delay. I confirm replacement of capacitors rounded on your picture of power unit. I replaced all of those capacitors just to be sure but only 814 and 815 were burned (located in center of power unit).
In my previous msgs you can see all of capacitors replaced on my Duo. Bye

demetris

Vu+ User
So for others to be clear: capacitors on power supply that needed to be changed are marked with c814 c815 c823 c825 OR c14 c15 c23 c25! Your reports are different. ;)

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

pic1960

Vu+ Newbie
I have the very well known problem Red Led with my Vuduo. After three years it just stopped working.
Check for all information in your site and everywhere in internet. With that info I found and replaced few capacitors on the power supply and on the mother board. The box just worked for a few hours and then completely stop always with the red led (it just doesn't want to start anymore).
Tried to check components on the mother board (all power from power supply board were OK) but difficult to understand if they are OK or not without more information. Is there any body who can give me the mother board drawing? Some value of resistance seems to not be OK but I cannot follow the connection without the electrical schema. Or do you have more experience and can help me? I ordered the voltage regulator in case they must be replaced but I'm not sure the problem is this. Thanks

demetris

Vu+ User
Simple answer. Check your work. And also tell us exactly what you have replace so far with brand details

pic1960

Vu+ Newbie
I replaced almost all capacitors on the power supply board. All of them Panasonic, same voltage and capacity as per the originals and 105 degrees.
Replaced C807, C810, C814, C819, C848, C846, C850, C852 on the mother board (and some others I don't remember now...most 220uF. ...just in case). Started the box and everything was OK. It just worked for 3 or 4 hours and then stopped with the date on the display (it was in stand by). No more reaction with the remote control. From this moment no way to restart it. Check power supply on connector 5V, 12V, 5v2 (3×), 3v3 (2×), 5vS. All OK. Check voltage on fuse F803 = 1.28V (should be 1.24), on F804 = 1.24V. The voltage coming from the last regulator is only 1.45 instead of 2.5V.
No other problem found, no burned parts. All information concerning voltages found on the document made for http://www.8a8f8.com present probably also on this site. Just one more note: I had problem with high frequency channels. Problem was OK after replacing C848.
Hope this can help.

pic1960

Vu+ Newbie
Without electrical drawing is difficult to find the Mosfets.
Do you have more information which can help me to identify them?
I have now a second Vuduo and I can compare the data (Voltages, resistance etc.), as soon as I have better info I will inform you.

demetris

Vu+ User
Is very easy to identify them they are a black square ish with 3 legs or 4.

pic1960

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry but I cannot find the Most. I can see elements with 8 legs but these should be the voltage regulator and other, probably coils, with 2 legs.
Is there anything printed on the main board which identify them? (Like C, R etc.)?
I found something strange on an ohmic measurement between F804 and ground. I have only 9ohm resistance while are approximately 130 on the work in Vuduo.
Unfortunately I cannot see where this point is connected and which elements could be broken.

bibic

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I have a big problems; I replace few capacitors from motherboard (hoping the elimination of causes) and wiring was exfoliated. Where coming plus capacitor C665 (near euroscart - 220 mF/50V) and plus C264 (near network and usb jack - I replaced with 220 mF/25V).
Thanks

motherboard_VU.jpg

bibic

Vu+ Newbie
Wiring was exfoliated trying to replace capacitor C665 - 220 mF/50V.

Meanwhile I found where the capacitor plus comes; on F 606.

Thanks anyways.

bibic

Vu+ Newbie
I think is not OK. Somebody can measure where + capacitor come? Or maybe a photo of PCB? This photo (
Code:
https://jb8a8f8.com/support/index.php?threads/vuplus-duo-motherboard-parts-side-cleaned.67/
) is not ok. I think is for clone.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

franta

Vu+ Newbie
hello guys,
i seams to have a different issue: my receiver seams to go automatically to deep standby or at least this is my impression
i have the receiver since 2010 and 2 years ago i had changed the capacitor. all went ok until 3 month ago when the power source went down , I had change the 2 1500mF capacitors in the middle of the board and all was ok. i had replace in the same shot all 3 capacitors on the motherboard (one was replaced 2 years ago) to be sure...

a few days ago in the morning i find my receiver with red light, but the receiver is answering to he remote and when i pres power is starting , then is telling vu duo and after a few second the red light comes again.

I am considering a software issue but i am afraid if i try to install a fresh image will block in the middle of the process and brick my receiver

any advice will be highly appreciated

franta

Vu+ Newbie
if i start to install a new version and the receiver is restarting during the process can i recover the receiver or is dead

can anybody support me

HasanMUSA

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I seem to have an issue with my duo stuck on starting have read through this thread and still can't get it on, I have replaced all capacitors on the power supply with Panasonic low ESR ones. I previously had the red light issue a couple years ago which was solved when I replace the three 220uf on the motherboard with Panasonic low ESR. All voltages off the power supply are fine, I have also check voltages on the output coils and they are fine between 0.01/0.02 volts off the mentioned voltages on this thread.

I have also placed a scope on the output from the regulators and am receiving a nice square wave however the leading edge seems to have noise on it.

placing my box through putty it always seems to stall on registering DVB stage.

I can now only install the older firmware 36mb ones new ones will get stuck on reading USB and go no further.

I am now at a lost where to go next please can someone help