Vu+ Zero tested for you!

Ev0

Admin
Yes the remote will work normally without the IR blaster being connected, it is purely to use if your box is out of line of sight for the remote (hidden in cupboard, behind tv etc etc).

jamieb81

Vu+ Newbie
I just received mine today, and it seems dead.. got it from orbitadigital.

plugged it in, hdmi in the tv, sat cable, Flick the switch... just the white light blinking three times then the white light is less strong hmmm

take te remote press on "stb" on switch light blinks that it receives IR but nothing happening..

Lucky me.. my VU+ experience is starting great.. coming from a chinese clone that never failed lol..

levi

I just received mine today, and it seems dead.. got it from orbitadigital.

plugged it in, hdmi in the tv, sat cable, Flick the switch... just the white light blinking three times then the white light is less strong hmmm

take te remote press on "stb" on switch light blinks that it receives IR but nothing happening..

Lucky me.. my VU+ experience is starting great.. coming from a chinese clone that never failed lol..
try to put latest or different image on it see what happens and also clone is not allowed here

jamieb81

Vu+ Newbie
I Know "c" are not allowed, I'm glad to have been able to switch! this lower price box has given me the opportunity to do so :)

going to try as you indicated, thanks!

Ev0

Admin
Atleast if you have been unlucky and do have a faulty box, you will have support in getting it fixed / replaced ;)

jamieb81

Vu+ Newbie
@Evo haha yes ineed!

Well problem was fixed, it was actually a very stupid problem, should have done it right away... HDMI cable that was in the box was faulty..

So it's up and runing now with an backup image of latest BH and working smooth, what a change from the china crap, so much smoother faster and

better image quality.

Thanks again for the quick support glad to be part of the community finally. Happy Holidays

sasho

Vu+ Newbie
has anyone tested how additional usb stick dvb t tuner works
can we use RTL2832
which one Is usb tuner from you tube

sasho

Vu+ Newbie
I use A867 and RTL2832 without any problem.

good to here that - can you recommend a specific place where to buy a proved and working RTL2832 or A867 usb tuner
which Image are you using
both usb stick tuners work stable - do they display correct SNR

verbal_666

Vu+ User
recommend a specific place where to buy a proved and working RTL2832 or A867 usb tuner
I took A867 from my Provider (SkyIT) and RTL from a commercial site (10 euros, from China).

which Image are you using
BH 2.1.4, plus VTi and OpenPLI in meoboot.

both usb stick tuners work stable - do they display correct SNR
Stable. I have a problem with my dtt antenna and cable, so i cannot see some channels, but signal is displayed fine and correct where i have vision.. other channels my signal goes to 0%.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Thanks for the answer. There is little or no market for a fta receiver in North America that does not blindscan. I have purchased a Zero and hope blindscan will be added to it. EB

amar

Vu+ Newbie
With it being on the lower end of the range, I assume transcoding isn't available on this box like it is with the solo2 and solo se?

jason kearns

Vu+ Newbie
Iv just purchased a VU zero, great little second box. I also have a vu solo2 as main box. Can anyone explain how to watch recordings from solo2 on vu zero?
Many thanks