BH Addons Server Reports

Matrix10

Administrator
I think in Skins section put more skins for bh 175 and 176 or de new 177 so many poor and very similars
exemple
eclipe ABCD etc...
elegance ABCD etc...
beyonce ABCD etc.. dont work
others dont work

no please... more names and more colors, forms, styles ..etc.
Is a sugestion of course.
Regars.

When the skins became our daily work, from which we live then it would be possible.
So be happy to get any skin.

Skins are becoming more and more complicated
and require a lot of time.
On the other hand it is better to have one good than ten bad ones.
Some older skins will be removed out from the server.

dimoni

Vu+ Newbie
When the skins became our daily work, from which we live then it would be possible.
So be happy to get any skin.

Skins are becoming more and more complicated
and require a lot of time.
On the other hand it is better to have one good than ten bad ones.
Some older skins will be removed out from the server.
Thanks if you really understand what you're saying and as this is partly a hobby, I give you the reason.
What if I am looking for my post there is, for example all the skins are black or dark, I also know that is a characteristic of black hole images.
But who knows just giving a touch to say the least, lighter colored, blue, gray, etc. quedaria a more showy.

Mx seen your last skins that I have in my vu + ultimo and uno and maybe that's a good way.
Anyway thanks for answering. For my part, I encourage you to follow this path.
Best regards.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks if you really understand what you're saying and as this is partly a hobby, I give you the reason.
What if I am looking for my post there is, for example all the skins are black or dark, I also know that is a characteristic of black hole images.
But who knows just giving a touch to say the least, lighter colored, blue, gray, etc. quedaria a more showy.

Mx seen your last skins that I have in my vu + ultimo and uno and maybe that's a good way.
Anyway thanks for answering. For my part, I encourage you to follow this path.
Best regards.

Yes, I understand very well what I'm saying.
and I understand your wishes and questions,
for more trendy skins with modern colors and not only dark.

Probably only those who once made ​​some skin
know how much time you need for a solid skin.
Skin is not just a couple of panels and OSD
but a lot of panels if you want to make at least 90% of the skin.

Each of them should be coded and the graphics done.
Each of them should be tested
To make sure that it does not BUG.
A single symbol is enough to crash image.

There are some skinners who call themselves big
but they took from the BH image skin coding
and work only on the processing of our coding, but not at the core of the coding.

Work on skins is a very nice hobby
but at the same time,
stealing time that someone can spent with his family, etc.

So it is very important to find a balance.
The same goes for coding images and the like.

BH skins are not only dark skins ,or better to say skins which
use dark backgrounds.
All skins I am aware of are made ​​with a dark background.
There are some with bright OSD and frames
but not background.
This is because the entire images
concept with additions and plugins is based on this concept dark background.

So it was very complicated to make a first skin MX HD
with PIG and really light background
because it is contrary to the rest of the image coding,
and requires a really special coding for a large number of panels.
At the same time we had to compromise
We have to preserve the speed of the image and skin.
But now we are one step further
and this new code allows the use of any color in the skin concept.

Rgd MX

pacut

Vu+ User
Our server is online and works fine.
Me too can't download anything from BH addons server.
It says everything was installed, but in reality that is not true.
Maybe a bug in the system ?
I am running BlackHole 1.7.8 on Vu+ Uno.

Thx

Mito

Administrator
Me too can't download anything from BH addons server.
It says everything was installed, but in reality that is not true.
Maybe a bug in the system ?
I am running BlackHole 1.7.8 on Vu+ Uno.

Thx
Did you install any plugin like *******?

del6600

Vu+ User
I tried BH 1.7.8 but to many green crash screens so whiped clean and installed BH 1.7.7. So far 100% no crashes. My question is: I tried to change the skin via green/yellow buttons - BH Downloads Manager - BHI Skins. I have tried each one and non work with 1.7.7. Skins worked ok on 1.7.5? Am I right in thinking that all the skins listed are for older flashes?

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
For people having installed both an USB-Stick and a Hard-Disk it would be very friendly if you get a location choice where to install options. It is possible to do anything now technically but this is not so easy for the average user.
Choices would be install to: Flash, Hard-Disk or USB with Flash as the default.

Matrix10

Administrator
Options:
If you have mount Universe on USB stick.

If you use BH universe you install in flash.
If you use any other Universe you install addons/plugins on USB.
HDD is not so good option for plugins-addons and picons
but I think is the same if you use Universe system.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Options:
If you have mount Universe on USB stick.

If you use BH universe you install in flash.
If you use any other Universe you install addons/plugins on USB.
HDD is not so good option for plugins-addons and picons
but I think is the same if you use Universe system.

Yeh, read that suggestion! How handy is this method using multiple universes if somebody always puts his box into deepstandby? Power up, wait a minute, change universe and wait for the second boot once more? My family will shoot me I am afraid.

I am a kind of green and try to avoid standby power waste. Hesitating to change this for my VU+ as I think it is the right habit.

Matrix10

Administrator
And why you have to change Universe and reboot etc
(It is only once if you start/change to use one single Universe , not Black Hole Universe)
You wanted to install addons to USB
if I understand correctly.
Universe image is nothing more than a flash image with addons on USB.
So you can use a single universe with addons and plugins on USB.
Other Universe can be protected with the PIN if you not like someone use.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
And why you have to change Universe and reboot etc
(It is only once if you start/change to use one single Universe , not Black Hole Universe)
You wanted to install addons to USB
if I understand correctly.
Universe image is nothing more than a flash image with addons on USB.
So you can use a single universe with addons and plugins on USB.
Other Universe can be protected with the PIN if you not like someone use.

Matrix10 thanks a lot for the answers!
I am going to give it a try to work this way. Will report here on my practical experiences too.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
It took a while because of time constraints but finally got to it last evening. Here my experiences thusfar:
- Did a long press on red to go to teleportation as a start. Got a message that I needed an USB stick for that.
- Followed instructions next. First this was a bit confused as the stick needed to be disconnected before starting any format process. I am a windows guy and then this is not a common procedure. Made a new single partion on the 4G stick and formatted it with ext2 as this was the recommended choice.
- Next a mount was needed to match the new partition with the universe teleportation function
- Now teleportation finally was enabled. Found out that after teleporting to a different universe this becomes sticky during reboots. You come back after a boot to where you left off. Good news and answered one of my questions above.
- The first thing I tried was installing PICONS for my 4 satellites being used. These were eating a big junk of my flash. Big mistake as this does not work that way. They got installed as a common Black Hole facility in flash again, up to 100% flash once more. Did not find a way to uninstall them either. Had to do a restore of a backup to clean this up again.
- Learned that you need to mount another USB partion for this. So all the above was done once more but now using 2 partions of 2 G each. Any recommendations on minimum partition sizes? Doing a format twice followed by the corresponding mount commands resulted in a working USB device now active both for PICONS and for UNIVERSE. I have the feeling the stick is a bit slow for this purpose. Any guidelines on how fast it should be?
- Once more did the download of the PICONS for the four satellites and now they got installed correctly on the USB partion.
- Back to teleportation again to the Avalon Universe and now installed the Merlin MP3 player just there. This is giving me some troubles as the player does not work smoothly with it. Maybe this is due to the fact that my hard disk was formatted FAT32 under windows? Will reformat it to ext3 and restore the content next via FTP. That will take a night or so!

In fact this was a long evening with very many reboots. Maybe you can combine some of those actions without rebooting inbetween?Most of mentioned changes ask to do a reboot each time which I did.

Will do a report on the next practical experiences too.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Next step being the re-format of the hard disk within BH done today. Merlin Music Player is now working fine. Other plugin's seem to run smoother also. Installing a Windows pre-populated disk using FAT32 apparently is not a good idea. This despite the fact that it basically works.

Mahyar

Vu+ Newbie
how can I install plugins from software managment - extension managemnet?
After installing nothing comes to my plugins.
im using 1.7.8