BH Addons Server Reports

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
There is a suggestion for BH developers. If the post is in a wrong place, please move to it to the right place .
The BH supports many moden receivers. All of them can have a large Harddisk drive, Is it possible to implanment some kind of utility, which can manage the media materials such as make a folder, delete file, rename file, lock folder and so on? huge amounts of files in one root is not good for users and the receiver 's search. Although I can make a folder and move files among them by a telnet sofware, but there are some playing related files are difficult to be moved around by this way.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
It's on server for download. It's name is Dream Explorer (D. E. 7.3).
Thanks paolino, I wiill download it and give it a try. I have done one similar to this a few days ago. But the interface is not very user friendly. Thank you for your kind help again. It is partiular important for a new comer to this community.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thanks paolino, I wiill download it and give it a try. I have done one similar to this a few days ago. But the interface is not very user friendly. Thank you for your kind help again. It is partiular important for a new comer to this community.

I'm using it, seems complicated, but after few days of trying you'll be happy with it.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I'm using it, seems complicated, but after few days of trying you'll be happy with it.
I have downloaded it and tried it. I did not find the way to create a folder. Is it possible to move the main media file with .ts and the file's associated files by one command? or I can jus ignore the associated file, just move the main media file?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Menu in Dream Explorer > Create Directory and other options.
It's enough to move main *.ts (for playing on external devices), there isn't command to move aasociated files.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Menu in Dream Explorer > Create Directory and other options.
It's enough to move main *.ts (for playing on external devices), there isn't command to move aasociated files.
Thanks paolino, I have tried move around the recorded files and I made eventually, but the record-file-player cannot see the subfolders. How can I make the player to see the subfolders?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
This is the way, how I'm playing media from any Solo2 folder:

Menu>Plugins>Dream Explorer. Browse Solo2 (Duo, Uno,.....) for desired file. OK from RC, the file will play in Media Player.
Dream_Explorer.jpg

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks, paolino. I very appreciate your kindly reply. I have tried the DE 7.3 as your shown as bove. It does see the subfolder and Also no problem to play my recorded files. But it has been started the plugin and also it is very powerfull (delete files). The idea situation is using the DE to manage the files but use the defualt player (comes with BH 2.0.6) play the files also see the subfolders (particular), the player uses the RCU's buttons (play and stop) which may family members like play files as simple as possible. Now the Questions are simple.

1. Can we use the default player (BH) to see my media' subfolders and play the recorded files by using RCU' red-button (not the red-function button)?

2. If not, can I install some kind of plugin which can just play files using the BH default button, without any 'powerful' function as deleting file for my family member?

2. I start to like the DE as you predicted, it is very nice after I have tried it for a while. But how can I access the info menu of DE, my RCU haves no such button?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Try Enhanced Movie Center From BH extensions. green>yellow...

Remember, Dream Explorer, Enhanced Movie Center and others are third party plugins, which are "as is".
For support you should ask author of plugin.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Try Enhanced Movie Center From BH extensions. green>yellow...

Remember, Dream Explorer, Enhanced Movie Center and others are third party plugins, which are "as is".
For support you should ask author of plugin.
Thanks paolino, I will try to play these plugin.

David Hornsby

Vu+ Newbie
I can't install anything from BH Add-On Server.

I have Solo2 on BH 2.0.7.1.
I am using Google for DNS settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).
My box connects to the BH Addon-On Server - shows available packages etc.
When I click download it says download was successful but when I check /tmp folder file has not downloaded.
My box can still download from Mymetrix-Openstore and still downloads EPG data.

Is there anything else I can try?

Tamaki

Administrator
I can't install anything from BH Add-On Server.

I have Solo2 on BH 2.0.7.1.
I am using Google for DNS settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).
My box connects to the BH Addon-On Server - shows available packages etc.
When I click download it says download was successful but when I check /tmp folder file has not downloaded.
My box can still download from Mymetrix-Openstore and still downloads EPG data.

Is there anything else I can try?
That is really strange.
I'm sure you already did, but try to completly reboot your box and try to install.
Do you have free space available?

David Hornsby

Vu+ Newbie
That is really strange.
I'm sure you already did, but try to completly reboot your box and try to install.
Do you have free space available?
Hi,

Yes I did completely reboot box and then tried to install again.
I have plenty of free space.

I also tried reboot my router and I renewed my WAN address and picked up a new IP.

If I don't find a solution I may try reimage again. Perhaps to 2.0.5 (my last known working solution).

David Hornsby

Vu+ Newbie
The current Black Hole image version is 2.0.7.2
I strongly suggest to update your firmware.
Thanks, I could try that again...

I installed 2.0.7.1 last Friday and then upgraded to 2.0.7.2. I then discovered that I couldn't install anything from BH Addon Server. I could connect to the server and view the packages but they would not download.

On Saturday I installed 2.0.7.1 again but decided to do a fresh install and to not restore any settings from my backup. After this I was able to install a plugin from the BH Addon Server. On Sunday when I tried to install another plug-in I discovered I was not able to install from BH Addon Server again. Tried several time since.

I can try upgrade to 2.0.7.2 again, but not sure my box will download the upgrade :).
Will try tonight.