HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

t123thomas

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I just flash Vu+S2 to 2.1.5 from 2.1.2, flashing seems updated, I can see BH logo whiles GUI loading, suddenly TV screen went black "mode not supported" and on the box message shows select video, since the screen is blank it difficult to make any changes to the box.
Any idea to get back the screen-Thanks
Summary of OpenWebif
System OE: OpenVuplus 2.1
Distro: Black Hole
Firmware version: BlackHole 2.1.5.
Driver date: unknown
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-02-26-master

Last edited:

bigkenny

Vu+ Newbie
When I first updated my Duo a few years ago I had trouble at first using a USB stick. I tried a few different ones even same make/type but found some sizes would not work. I use a Cruzer Blade 4GB USB stick and never had any trouble with it. I`ve done loads of re-flashes with it. I only ever use the same one just for this job. I had a 32GB one same make/type but it would not work. It can be annoying getting one that works but when you get one keep it safe JUST for this job only.

t123thomas

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I just flash Vu+S2 to 2.1.5 from 2.1.2, flashing seems updated, I can see BH logo whiles GUI loading, suddenly TV screen went black "mode not supported" and on the box message shows select video, since the screen is blank it difficult to make any changes to the box.
Any idea to get back the screen-Thanks
Summary of OpenWebif
System OE: OpenVuplus 2.1
Distro: Black Hole
Firmware version: BlackHole 2.1.5.
Driver date: unknown
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-02-26-master
Thanks this issue have been resolved

t123thomas

Vu+ Newbie
I have two major issues
1st I could find in picon add-on list for downloading Dishnet (110,119,129) any idea how populate these logos or where to download a package,
2nd, I could find EPG add-on/plugin for above satellites.
I am at cross road where I have run of ideas on how to resolved these issues, I have searched through many satellites forum for solutions to no avail
I am sure someone in this forum have encountered similar situations please kindly post solutions or links for help.
This not a criticism on BH developer or teams , but it surprised me very much that each time I have issue with these satellite and post in this forum, there seems be nothing clearly add-o/plugin for USA satellites (sorry I couldn't find any reference) appreciate if someone could point me in the right directions.

Mito

Administrator
I have two major issues
1st I could find in picon add-on list for downloading Dishnet (110,119,129) any idea how populate these logos or where to download a package,
2nd, I could find EPG add-on/plugin for above satellites.
I am at cross road where I have run of ideas on how to resolved these issues, I have searched through many satellites forum for solutions to no avail
I am sure someone in this forum have encountered similar situations please kindly post solutions or links for help.
This not a criticism on BH developer or teams , but it surprised me very much that each time I have issue with these satellite and post in this forum, there seems be nothing clearly add-o/plugin for USA satellites (sorry I couldn't find any reference) appreciate if someone could point me in the right directions.
You are OT in this thread!

GoldPT

Vu+ Newbie
Dear All,

I'm a proud owner of a Vu+ Solo2 that works great under a blackwhole image. Recently fall in love with the new Vu+ Zero and bought one although im facing some problems installing the BH firmware since, unlike Vu+ Solo2, it doesn't boot at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mick12334

Guide by Lee

Unzip the BlackHole VU+zero file and extract the vuplus folder to a USB PEN Drive.

After unzipping to the pen drive you should have a folder on your USB pen drive named vuplus

In the vuplus folder is another folder named zero

Power off Vu+ Zero with switch on the back.
Insert the USB Pen Drive into the USB socket on the back.
Power on Vu+ Zero.

The white LED on the left side of the front panel will begin pulsing.

The pulsing indicates it's flashing the image.

Once the image has successfully flashed the pulsing will stop and change to blinking on and off.

When the white LED is blinking on and off it's now safe to power off with the switch on the back and remove the USB Pen Drive.

Power on again to reboot the receiver

steven knowles

Vu+ Newbie
I put the file on usb stick put it in the vu+duo2 and nothing happens I got into device manager and lists my usb there so I don't know what I am doing wrong

Mick12334

With the VU+ Duo 2 you need to hold in the power button, on the front of the VU+ Duo 2, behind the flap, to get it to load the image.
Please ensure you have downloaded the correct image version, for your receiver.
In the vuplus folder should be a second folder duo2.

Fac51

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Duo
Having no luck flashing new Black Hole 2.1.6
Current version on box is 2.0.9 Build 2015-02-26-master
3 different memory sticks, tried front and rear USB's
Sticks are formatted and only contain vuplus folder and contents
Each time box is powered off and back on only to start as normal
Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Mito

Administrator
Vu+ Duo
Having no luck flashing new Black Hole 2.1.6
Current version on box is 2.0.9 Build 2015-02-26-master
3 different memory sticks, tried front and rear USB's
Sticks are formatted and only contain vuplus folder and contents
Each time box is powered off and back on only to start as normal
Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Have you disconnected all the usb sticks before to try the upgrade?
Another thing, if there is a hdd, verify that there is not a folder named vuplus within it.

Fac51

Vu+ Newbie
Have you disconnected all the usb sticks before to try the upgrade?
Another thing, if there is a hdd, verify that there is not a folder named vuplus within it.
All USB sticks removed and checked the HDD (no vuplus folders from what i can see).