iDreamX for Mac OS X

jollyplanet

Vu+ Newbie
im trying using that but vlc can not open the stream, it write is not playable. what i need to do? everything is setted right

AlexWilMac

My favourite tool. The only lack I find in it is that channels are not numbered in bouquets and this is uncomfy. This I say as a suggestion for future releases.

AlexWilMac

Guida per cosa? Il telnet è sempre quello, sia che lo usi da iDreamX sia che lo usi da Terminal. L'unico vantaggio può essere, con iDreamX, che si possono salvare alcuni comandi più utilizzati.

AlexWilMac

Aggiornamento: sembra che, almeno con 10.13.x, iDreamX non sia più in grado di avviare le sessioni telnet, forse per via del fatto che tale servizio è stato rimosso dall'ultimo sistema operativo e ciò nonostante io lo abbia rimesso a mano.
Io, quindi, lo uso, come sempre ho fatto, invocandolo dal Terminale. In rete esistono guide per riaggiungere il Telnet a MacOs.

Last edited:

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Friends
1) I am using a mac pro and was trying to connection to my VU+Solo2 using iDreamX but am not able to connect, it says 530 : login incorrect. Please login with username and password. I have tried root, dreambox, left password blank still no joy. I used to use DCC on my PC before and am new to imac.

When I use search for ip address it says : 1) No box found, 2) Check IP/Port!, 3) Is a web interface installed on the box?.

My internet is connected to the Talktalk router through a TP-Link 300mbps AV200 WIFI powerline extender since I was not able to get the WIFI range in my room.

2) The same problem with DreamboxEDIT.

I am using OBH latest image.

Kindly assist/help.

Tks
Mario

AlexWilMac

You just have to know your box IP, otherwise you won't be able to connect to it by any software.
TO know your box IP:
MENU/Information/Network

User is root and no password is set if you installed an original OBH and not a backup from some website...

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi m8 Alexwilmac
Tks for your reply. I have the IP and when I click on check box, it gets connection and I get this information
Box info: Model.... , image...., firmware, front Processor, webinterface and turner.... ok upto here
But when I click on FTP then root I get error 530 Login incorrect.
User is root and no password is set. I am using the original OBH and not a backup.
Kindly assist
Rgds
Mario

PS: I am trying receive satellite list from the box as well as talk to the box.

AlexWilMac

Actually, I don't use iDreamX also for FTP any longer because Filezilla is much more comfortable and also much more complete as a software.
About satellite list, just click on BOUQUETS and then GET FROM BOX.
You can also use directly the Open Webinterface and its bouquet editor to manage your channels instead of iDreamX

jjabb

Vu+ Newbie
According to the information about iDreamX 3.0.20 on tooloosoft.com, “This is the final version of iDreamX. Unfortunately, iDreamX is no longer being developed.” I find this very unfortunate, and at the same time, I am grateful that the developer has given us this tool for these years. iDreamX is a splendid application which has made life so much easier. The inevitable question now is: Is there a good alternative for the Mac?

AlexWilMac

This question comes a bit too early, I'd say because, even if they would be still developing this software in the future, each version lasts one year ;)
The 2nd thing is that iDreamX hasn't changed really much in the last years: it's quite exhaustive, in my opinion.
It lacks of a feature I repeatedly suggested to the team: numbering the channels in the bouquets (like dreamboxedit does).
This is the most annoying lack, because if you want to move or organize channels in a bouquet so to assign a particular number to it, you are in troubles, especially if you are doing many changes at the same time.
Another lack is the cut and paste that does not copy the cut selected channels in the new position the user wants, but only... at the end of the bouquet, that makes it useless.

So, I'm not looking for an alternative. It already exist, by the way: is the "wine" porting of Dreamboxedit itself, distributed as an app. But I prefer iDreamX.

jjabb

Vu+ Newbie
iDream X is 32-bit, which means that it won’t work on Macs in the future. I’d love to see it live on. And I never understood Dreamboxedit. :( So once again a heartfelt thank you to the iDream X team, if they ever see this.

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
I see on this last version, there is no option to save channel lists on your computer for uploading to other sat boxes
This is real shame
This used to be a feature on passed versions

AlexWilMac

What are you saying???? The software is, about its commands and features, exactly like the previous versions!

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-10-05 alle 16.23.04.png
    Schermata 2018-10-05 alle 16.23.04.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 31

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
Mine looks nothing like that

Screen_Shot_2018-10-10_at_9.00.54_AM.png

There is also no longer an EXPERT mode for the Sat Files, it used to be an extra window that would open on the right hand side

AlexWilMac

Are you sure this is the version 3.0.20? It looks like the olds 2.x.x. Check it in the iDreamX/About iDreamX (or pressing CMD ALT #)
If so, have you tried clicking on this button MORE? I don't have it.

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
You are correct, it is 2.7.0
And now i look, the options i was looking for are found in the drop down menu top of screen, not on the actual software gui

Thanking for helping me understand
It has been a long time since using this software