MediaPlayer2 as default player - Kodi 16.1R2 - BH 3.0.2 ( ONLY )

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
well.. I have tried over and over again to set and re-set the aspect ratio according to what is posted in previous posts. I still have problems with incorrect Aspect Ratio and I still am unable to change any AR settings pressing number 5 in Kodi. I even installed an AR change plugin and it also does not change the ratio of the played movie. If a movie has black bars on top and the bottom, it removes them and the picture then is distorted of course. I just do not understand why when pressing 5 it does nothing. Sometimes I noticed after I give up and accidentaly play that movie after few days it plays OK.. but WHY does it act like that? Even 3d settings in kodi does nothing. But the AR ratio is what makes me pretty desperate. Are there any other players that work fine in Kodi? I use mediaplayer2 as a default one..

any suggestions?

Waku

Vu+ Newbie
I have installed Mediaplayer 2 on Blackhole and kodi following the steps given in this community. Now with Mediaplayer 2 I am able to download and watch subtitles in kodi. The problem now is that kodi appears only in the upper right of the screen and I can't change the setting from windowed to full screen becouse the option is in grey.

nunigaia

I have installed Mediaplayer 2 on Blackhole and kodi following the steps given in this community. Now with Mediaplayer 2 I am able to download and watch subtitles in kodi. The problem now is that kodi appears only in the upper right of the screen and I can't change the setting from windowed to full screen becouse the option is in grey.

Wich Vuplus STB model do you have?

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Vu+ one 4k

Vu+ Uno 4K, right?

Unpack the zip file and by FTP, send it to:

Code:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi

Kodi will fit the entire screen and you´ll get MediaPlayer2 as your default player.

Make a previous copy of your original "plugin.py" file located in the mentioned folder.

Don't forget to restart your STB.

Test it and reply! Thanks.

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• Kodi_Plugin_BH303.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 104

Waku

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Uno 4K, right?

Unpack the zip file and by FTP, send it to:

Code:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi

Kodi will fit the entire screen and you´ll get MediaPlayer2 as your default player.

Make a previous copy of your original "plugin.py" file located in the mentioned folder.

Don't forget to restart your STB.

Test it and reply! Thanks.

best regards
nunigaia

Thanks for your help but... it did not work for me.

Waku

Vu+ Newbie
I think I finally deleted that directory. Is there any way to reinstall kodi without reinstalling blackhole?

nunigaia

I think I finally deleted that directory. Is there any way to reinstall kodi without reinstalling blackhole?

By telnet, try running the following comand:

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi

best regards
nunigaia

Waku

Vu+ Newbie
By telnet, try running the following comand:

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi

best regards
nunigaia
I reinstalled BH and Mediaplayer 2 from 0. Now it worked with the pluging.py which you attached. Thank you

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
I have flashed my VU solo SE today and now I have 3.0.3 G and I still have problems with incorrect ratio when trying to play movies using Mediaplayer2... so what should I do???

nunigaia

I have flashed my VU solo SE today and now I have 3.0.3 G and I still have problems with incorrect ratio when trying to play movies using Mediaplayer2... so what should I do???

You have to notice one thing:

If the movie size is 1280x720, 1920x1080 ... you have nothing to do with the <5> button ....
By other way, if you have a movie like 1920x800 per example, and you push severall times the <5> ... you´ll get black bars ( up and down ).

If the movie has incorrect size ratio ... you´ll get the a distorced size.

best regards
nunigaia

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
well NOTHING happens when I press 5 it says it changes AR but nope.. it does not change the size at all, it does nothing

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
it's any movie that is not 16:9 and has bars on top and the bottom. Kodi removes the black bars and the picture is deformed. I do not set it to remove the black bars. If I play the movie using just Samsung TV it plays OK, with no deformations.. it's only Kodi or when I play it using mediaplayer2 from plugins menu. check your msgs btw

programador

Vu+ Newbie
hi
thanks but with this player subtitles set up of sites without being in the settings do not appear, I'm registered in the subtitles.tv and when I do the subtitles search it does not appear

guruamba

Vu+ Newbie
I have VU + UNO 4 K SE and Kodi 17 Krypton ended its activity in this STB. I have Black Hole 3.1.0. I'm very disappointed. I miss this plugin very much and I would like to install a newer version of Kodi, unfortunately I did not find a download anywhere. Can you tell me if Kodi will be in version 18 or 19 in the newer version of Black Hole and when will it happen?