new source to build your satellites.xml files.

This is a new site for you to use to build your own custom satellites.xml files. it differs from the traditional sources as it allows you to build your satellites.xml files without the many many inactive transponders that you find on sites such as lyngsat. you can of course choose to keep these transponders in your files but by building a satellites.xml file without those "dead" transponders you will substantially speed up your scans as the box will not need to pause over those "dead" transponders.

give it a go and let us know what you think.

Code:
http://satellites-xml.org/

rimas

BH Lover
This is a new site for you to use to build your own custom satellites.xml files. it differs from the traditional sources as it allows you to build your satellites.xml files without the many many inactive transponders that you find on sites such as lyngsat. you can of course choose to keep these transponders in your files but by building a satellites.xml file without those "dead" transponders you will substantially speed up your scans as the box will not need to pause over those "dead" transponders.

give it a go and let us know what you think.

Code:
http://satellites-xml.org/
Thank you.
Works great. Option to select only active transponders is really important. Since now I have deleted dead transpondres manually with text editor.

Thank you for your kind words, although the thanks for this ie with Huevos as it's all his hard work and coding that has made this possible. and yes i do agree it is very important to use a clean satellites.xml file with only known active transponders.

For those who want to see just what a difference a "clean" satellites.xml file with all the dead or inactive transponders removed makes, generate a new file from the site i posted above and make sure you check the "Only active" option under the extra options section. Then do a fresh scan on 16.0 east ( providing you can receive this satellite ). Then sit back and see just how much faster the scan is while still pulling in the same amount of channels.

This is all due to the fact that the box pauses for a little while on the inactive transponders while waiting to get a lock and all the other satellites.xml generators including lyngsat have reals and reals of dead or inactive transponders in their files.

hassanen

Vu+ Newbie
where i put xml on vu solo blackhole so will i get bbchd bbc one when i update xml because i dont get signal on bbc hd bbc one

where i put xml on vu solo blackhole so will i get bbchd bbc one when i update xml because i dont get signal on bbc hd bbc one

try it, it won't damage your receiver.
It depends where your dish pointing at (are you writing about 28.2 position or any other?)

hassanen

Vu+ Newbie
bbc hd bbc one was working good last weeks but noq im getting no signal at all yes am on 28.2e but you didnt tell me where to put satelite xml on when i ftp where will i paste file on

superglud

BH Lover
Fyi:
After transferring your new satellites.xml to /etc/tuxbox
Reboot your box
Check your Tuner configuration, making sure it is still as expected (My Tuner configuration was changed wrongly)

Then do the scan

Best regards

kanu687

Vu+ Newbie
Hi There,

I'm posting on this thread as, after following the previous advise here I got a strange behavior of the box with the satellites.xml files...

Well I've generated my file and updated the FEC (they are not correct for Intelsat 18 (180E), some changed to 7/8).

Anyhow, after updating the file under /etc/enigma2 and etc/tuxbox (in fact I've tried both or one or the other), reloading Enigma, even rebooting the box (Vu+ Solo2 / BlackHole 2.0.9) the box is not picking up the correct parameters.

What is very strange, is when I do an automatic scan the box is using a kind of "default" satellites.xml with wrong FEC or polarisation (for a specific frequency) but I could not find any entry of a file with such specification on the file system of the Vu...

What is even stinger is when I do a dish pointing using the predefined setting (not the manual one) it actually used the proper satellites.xml parameters !!!

I've tried rebooting the box, regenerating the file, using a different one, all the time the same... (It is not critical as I did fix my issue doing a manual scan with proper parameter, but it is annoying as it should work in automatic).

Any ideas ? Anyone have seen this before ?