Review Vu+ Solo2 By Black Hole

Matrix10

Administrator
Nice Monkey

Excellent comments.

I have the same opinion and experience
Problem that we discussed is present at all levels
even including the products of the same company.

This applies not only to the HDMI that is not ideal
Especially because every company is trying to force
customers to purchase only their unit.

I am sure that there are very different experiences
depending on the used devices.

The problem is if you generalizing own experience
as a global problem for all.
Perhaps ET9500 not work with other devices with which VU works.

ckone

Vu+ Newbie
Nice Monkey

Excellent comments.

I have the same opinion and experience
Problem that we discussed is present at all levels
even including the products of the same company.

This applies not only to the HDMI that is not ideal
Especially because every company is trying to force
customers to purchase only their unit.

I am sure that there are very different experiences
depending on the used devices.

The problem is if you generalizing own experience
as a global problem for all.
Perhaps ET9500 not work with other devices with which VU works.

This is quite true and this is why i pointed that i want to try a different brand TV Set.
The "STRANGE" thing is that all my previous STB worked just fine with the same TV set.
Humax HDCI-5000
Spiderbox 9000HD
Octagon 1028p Noblence
Xtrend ET9500
Gigablue Quad -- same cpu as Solo2 i think (a friend has the same TV)

Matrix10

Administrator
This is quite true and this is why i pointed that i want to try a different brand TV Set.
The "STRANGE" thing is that all my previous STB worked just fine with the same TV set.
Humax HDCI-5000
Spiderbox 9000HD
Octagon 1028p Noblence
Xtrend ET9500
Gigablue Quad -- same cpu as Solo2 i think (a friend has the same TV)

I think
that in these cases
it is best to send the information to VU +
it is possible that they solve the problem.
We have already had some cases with HDMI where VU + solved the problem.

krca

Vu+ Newbie
Not need installation simply transfer file on this folder and reboot your box
Obviously save original driver on your pc

If you like things more complicated you can also do:

send tar.gz file to folder tmp
change with "cd /tmp to the folder and type (without "" and changing filename to actual filename)
"tar -xzvf filename.tar.gz -C /" and press enter

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
I ment Vu+ UNO. I posted that strange isuue here to see if it consists on Solo2. My connection is VU+ via HDMI --> TV via Optical --> AV AMP. My VU+ does not work, my ET9500 works.

Samsung LE40B650 -- Denon AVR 1909 -- Monster Cables

I am pretty green myself but to be honest with such a nice setup i would use the AMP more often and take those extra 30 Watts for granted when using passthru..
Have a similar setup and do switch the AMP automatically on/off paired with my TV via HDMI-CEC. When the AMP is powered off manually then the TV takes over the sound. Together they act as a single unit that way.

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Guys i have some problem with pic with hdmi mode, i have 5 year old lcd full hd Philips, when i connect with hdmi and 1080i and refresh retio multi , 50, 60 Hz, i get bit blur pic dubbole shade specially i see on logos, with scart it works fine, and 1080p i dont get pic black screen , plz if some 1 can help,
Gr

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Hi
Guys i have some problem with pic with hdmi mode, i have 5 year old lcd full hd Philips, when i connect with hdmi and 1080i and refresh retio multi , 50, 60 Hz, i get bit blur pic dubbole shade specially i see on logos, with scart it works fine, and 1080p i dont get pic black screen , plz if some 1 can help,
Gr

I have myself an ambilight Philips TV of roughly the same age without this problem.
There are many dynamic Video features on these TV''s, which do you use?
My first question would be what happens with other HDMI sources like a Blu-Ray player when set to 1080i? Conditions for a BD are fairly similar with a HD source via your VU+.

ataru80

Vu+ Newbie
I have one question guys: I have a LNB unicable SCR with 4 frequences and one cable that goes to the STB.
Is it possible, using one sat cable in input to the vu+2 , to use both tuners?
My idea was to use configure tuner B (connected to the cable) on the frequency SCR 1 and configure tuner A in looptrough on the frequency SCR2, but apparently when I select "looptrough" there is no such a possibility.
MySkyHD I own allows me to do that, i.e. using one sat cable from LNB unicable SCR, the two tuners can tune and record indipendently of one other.
Any idea of how to work this out?

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
I have myself an ambilight Philips TV of roughly the same age without this problem.
My first question would be what happens with other HDMI sources like a Blu-Ray player when set to 1080i? Conditions for a BD are fairly similar with a HD source via your VU+.[/quote
My first question would be what happens with other HDMI sources like a Blu-Ray player when set to 1080i? Conditions for a BD are fairly similar with a HD source via your VU+.
Gr

Thanx for reply
I have also ambilight, and hdmi works fine , i use my DM8000 , with it, all hdmi devices works fine, i have uno , and solo also works fine, only solo2 have this problem, any ideas plz