Review Vu+ Solo2 By Black Hole

Shiro

BH-C
I suggest Spain or Germany (that are the more reviewed in our lists), not Italy.
Look at the Spain or Germany retailers and visit the online shops.
You will find where the Solo2 is already available.

a911

The BH Lover
Tnx for the replay(s). I've been with my English friends a lot recently and I start writing like one of them :)

I'd like to buy the Solo2 in Italy if possible, but Europe would do anyway. I see there's Electro-Sat in Flatland .. whoops.. Netherlands, is that the only one?

Tnx again

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/italy-retailers-list.9769/
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/germany-retailers-list.9768/
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/spain-retailers-list.9762/

Hypnos

Vu+ Newbie
You are wrong i have all the Vu+ models and noone have this problem.
Maybe it is a problem of your hdd.
Of course Solo2 have not any kind of problem.
Also the usb bus speed is really more and more faster than all the other box.

I no one, which same problem. This is post from openpli forum:
http://openpli.org/forums/topic/22981-vu-duo-freezes-and-pixelate-the-picture-when-playback/

Code:
It seems to be a generic VU+ problem, and indeed related to a local harddisk. People that don't have one (like myself, I record on a server) don't have any issues.

The problem is memory/driver related, which is closed source and the manufacturers responsability to fix. Nothing we can do about it apart from complain (which we do ).

Can you send me your configuration? HDD, Img....

Thanks.

Shiro

BH-C
I no one, which same problem. This is post from openpli forum:

We are not in openpli forum and not using opempli images.
All Bh beta testers reported that there are not problems with play from recorded hdd.
So i am sorry i don't agree with you that this is a generic problem but only a problem of someone.
Ps. i have duo uno ultimo and solo2 all with hdd inside and bh and i have not any kind of these problems

P.s. please stop this kind of plemycal arguments here.
This is not openpli board and this is not a generic post about Vu+ drivers.
This is the Solo2 review post and the reply to your question is that we have not find any kind of problem in Solo2 playing recorded files.

Hypnos

Vu+ Newbie
All Bh beta testers reported t...
OK, thanks for reply. I used internal Samsung HDD 1 TB eco green.
And last question about quality picture from vu+solo2 with new chip, it is same or beter then old vu+? I am sorry to all, If I tested with Dreambox, winner was Dreambox800SE in quaility picture, sharpness, the natural color... Tested on two same TV which identity setting.
Thanks...

Matrix10

Administrator
And last question about quality picture from vu+solo2 with new chip, it is same or beter then old vu+? I am sorry to all, If I tested with Dreambox, winner was Dreambox800SE in quaility picture, sharpness, the natural color... Tested on two same TV which identity setting.
Thanks...

I have sold all my Dreamboxes before it's too late :D
I kept as a souvenir DM7000.

Matrix10

Administrator
My friends
we enter into a new period of receivers
with a powerful processor and memory.
Overall development can not be seen from the start
but it is already seeing the benefits of such a machine.

HW is a strong guarantee for further development.
Broadcom has not made ​​a new processor in order to have bad video quality.

they call it
Broadcom's next-generation satellite set-top box system

Shiro

BH-C
Thanks...

Strange because i had a Dreambox 800se and it have a really bad picture quality with my samsung tv. Also my old DM8000 was winner on DM800se.
But i have the suspect that the picture quality is a little bit subjective opinion and can be influenced from many variables.

So i will not reply that one or another is better i think you have o test by yourself because maybe you don't agree with my opinion.
BTW my opinion is that the picture quality is very good but i think that on this side there will be many future developments in Vu+ drivers about video output.
Currently the Vu+ engineers are working to transcoding feature (new in these new Broadcomm generation) and this will allow to convert video formats and make more easy internet streaming.
I agree with my friend Matrix10 All is new and in progress we can only report our sensations for now.

tae

Vu+ User
Thanks...

sorry I am here prying but what you say is doubtful
I myself have no dream and I will not but with my Uno is no comparison and I say this because I have compared with a colleague and was my winner Uno.

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
Hello ,
Yes Guys now we r in new era, we have new range of boxes, i went to dealer yesterday , i need 2 solo2 he told me maybe tuesday, and price is also good 330,
amd i was thinking DM7020 hd , about 500 euros and less quality speed, so i am excited , yesterday i tried 1.79 on vusolo was very fast , so i hope solo2,
will be more fast and i am corious about tranconding function,
solo2 changed the speed of race,
Gr

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Hello ,
Yes Guys now we r in new era, we have new range of boxes, i went to dealer yesterday , i need 2 solo2 he told me maybe tuesday, and price is also good 330,
amd i was thinking DM7020 hd , about 500 euros and less quality speed, so i am excited , yesterday i tried 1.79 on vusolo was very fast , so i hope solo2,
Gr
You will love the solo2 I promise :D

azeemmir

Vu+ Newbie
Hoi ,
i just uisng my original sly box, just for 5 min , after that i used my uno , and i was thinking that sly is more quality but uno was much faster and stable,
but i felt bit pic quality better in sly box , i think drivers, and my dealer told me in future solo2 with new drivers will have more fantactic pic quality,
only 1 thing in vu is remote naybe i am wrong but buttons should be diffrent and feeling should be diffrent with touch of finger, i have to see at remote to use it, like menu audio, recording and others button,
i hope in duo2 we will get some diffrent remote,

wow in solo2,
gigabit lan wow in solo2 , i have 150 m/bit at home solo2 will fly, 2 readers perfect, and only thing i can say wow......

Shiro

BH-C
Hello ,
Gr

Ok talking abaout cpu speed.

Solo (first series) have a slow cpu 300Mhz but there are voices that is downclocked to 220Mhz
Dm7020 Vu+uno and Vu+ Ultimo have all the same cpu dual core 400Mhz about 1/3 faster than solo

Solo2 have the new generation cpu 1.3 Ghz this means is teorically more than 300% faster than solo and about 200% faster than Dm7020 Uno and Ultimo
In the current prototype i tested it seems to that not all the power of the cpu is used but i can assure that Solo2 is like a Ferrari or Lamborghini compared to fisrst serie of Solo.

Shiro

BH-C
To be more accurate:

This is the current output of cpuinfo in Ultimo
ultimocpu.png

And this is the current output of cpuinfo in my Solo2 (downclocked)
solo2cpu.png

As you can see both are dual core:

Ultimo:
Processor0 = 403 BogoMIPS
Processor1 = 403 BogoMips
total = 806 BogoMIPS

Solo2
Processor0 = 733 BogoMIPS
Processor1 = 552 BogoMips
total = 1.285 BogoMIPS

So finally we can conclude that the CPU speed of Solo2 in the current configuration is much more faster than Dm7020hd, Vu+ uno and Vu+ Ultimo.

P.s. The Solo2 productions models will be not downclocked and will have higher values of Mhz and BogoMIPS.

Shiro

BH-C
Be careful that this measure is only about the pure cpu processing power
But you have to remember that Solo2 have a special graphics hardware engine:
1G pixel per second OpenGL® ES 2.0 3D GPU for advanced 3D graphic.

This means 3000 DMIPS that are about 300% faster than other compared boxes.
But this power is not yet used in our E2 system based.