Vu+ DUO Boot Loader Updgrade

ZackF

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have a Vu+ Duo with a 500GB harddrive installed. I can not get it to accept the USB at all. There is some read/write activity from the stick then nothing.

Is it because it's a 32 gig stick? It's formatted as FAT32.

Can I just check the correct file positions? On my computer it shows as F:\vuplus\duo\[the two files are in this location]. Is that correct? No idea why it's not working :\

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi,

I have a Vu+ Duo with a 500GB harddrive installed. I can not get it to accept the USB at all. There is some read/write activity from the stick then nothing.

Is it because it's a 32 gig stick? It's formatted as FAT32.

Can I just check the correct file positions? On my computer it shows as F:\vuplus\duo\[the two files are in this location]. Is that correct? No idea why it's not working :\

Try some older stick small capacity

ZackF

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, going to borrow one from my friend later!

Is there any way of manually updating the files via the ftp connection? Or placing a file in some kind of boot directory already on the box?

sat2020

Vu+ User
You are not using a USB for upgrade....!!!!
Explain more,please!
Hi
occasionally when i turn off my receiver or reboot it
my receiver panel show me starting while chanel is ok and appierace and run but remote control doesnet work
and i should turn off my receiver with behind receiver and then my recievr i be ok
write in panel:
staring and hanging
not often or absolutly time it happens at time or 7-8 times in week
my receiver vu duo 1

a911

The BH Lover
Hi
occasionally when i turn off my receiver or reboot it
my receiver panel show me starting while chanel is ok and appierace and run but remote control doesnet work
and i should turn off my receiver with behind receiver and then my recievr i be ok
write in panel:
staring and hanging
not often or absolutly time it happens at time or 7-8 times in week
my receiver vu duo 1

That is a fact, am facing the same problem with my Due, there is a solution, put a long ago by Matrix 10, I did not do it!
But try to search the forum for it!
Sorry,,,,:wallbash:!

cherchezuk

Vu+ Newbie
at first my vu+duo wont recognised the usb, went and bot cheap usb from maplin, box flashed but still stuck on starting after reboot. pls advise

cherchezuk

Vu+ Newbie
have same problem and sent to Duotech eletronics birmingham, please if you flashed nad still not working then contact duotech electronics n it will be sorted, sent my box for repairs and they have done a good and updated all components and all files.

wristel

Vu+ Newbie
HI!..

my EPG hasent been workin as it shuld the last week and i tried to update the Boot loader....

downloaded the latest Image 2.1 from code.vuplus.com and placed it on a USB-stick.
...maybe i shuld have used the 1.6?

(i have never updated anythion on the box before... to afraid to ruin it!)

installed as it shuld but when i turned it on again it just says "Starting..." and nothin happends?!?!... PANIC ATTACK!!

what did I do wrong?

Last edited:

hulkster1974

Vu+ Newbie
Hey guys I've just been given a vu+ duo I've dealt with openbox and cable boxes before but never a duo. How do I go about deleting the line already on the box and adding my own

joesto1

Vu+ Newbie
hi all
i have a vuduo that just hangs with starting in the display....
while readting all the thread find it intresting, i have a log file which i will try and upload for your help
this log is taken when i upgrade to cfe 3 and the reboot still hangs with starting in the display so any help would be great.

what in the log file is confermation that the new bootload is installed?
just for you info the usb work fine but when i install an image i only get starting in the display

thanks
joe

Attachments

• daves cfe 3 and reboot.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 54

joesto1

Vu+ Newbie
cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 07600000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd1: 00400000 00020000 "kernel"
mtd2: 00400000 00020000 "boot"
mtd3: 00100000 00020000 "cfe"
mtd4: 00080000 00020000 "mac"
mtd5: 00080000 00020000 "env"
mtd6: 00100000 00020000 "nvm"

from the above table does this tell me it is the latest bootloader cfe3? because the usb port does as is expected ie get to remove and reboot..

i cannot load any images from usb, i can put some images in using nfi file and vuutil but they are old images from 2010 or 2011

so first off is it the correct boot loader?

can you recomend a usb image that might be newer?

thanks
joe

Mick12334

Have you checked that your VU+ Duo is genuine, and not a clone?
You could try loading the official images.
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/

joesto1

Vu+ Newbie
ok will mick12334 not sure how to prove if its a clone or genuine, can you tell me how to prove this and if it is a clone does that mean this community will not be able to help me
thanks
joe