Vu+ Uno4K Tested for You !!!

Via

Vu+ Newbie
Dear BH team,
Could you have any public info when will be available BH 3.0.3 for UNO4K ? Until Xmas ? :)

el bandido

Vu+ User
Do the FBC tuners support blindscan or is blindscan available for FBC tuners?

Do any of these new Vu+ receivers support 16/32APSK modulations?

Thanks. EB

zinonino

Vu+ Newbie
Tunner is AVL or BCM ?
Tunner is same like Solo 4K or is new generation(revision) in UNO 4k from Solo 4K, how is compare than both ?
Do you have native support for KODI ?

Ev0

Admin
Do the FBC tuners support blindscan or is blindscan available for FBC tuners?

Do any of these new Vu+ receivers support 16/32APSK modulations?

Thanks. EB
I believe that they do support blindscan, as vu+ show they have been working on it, with there recent updates.

However at the moment, it is not working.

If you can give me a transponder with over europe 16/32APSK modulations, I can try it for you

Ev0

Admin
Tunner is AVL or BCM ?
Tunner is same like Solo 4K or is new generation(revision) in UNO 4k from Solo 4K, how is compare than both ?
Do you have native support for KODI ?
Tuners are neither AVL or BCM.

They are listed as FBC.

Uno4K has removable fbc tuners, and the Solo4K has fixed fbc tuners, so they are similar, but not the same.

Nitemare

Vu+ User
@EVO
are the new FBC tuners be able to support the Stream Services @ 5°W (i.e. STREAM 1 - 11509H, 29500, 8/9, France 2 HD, SID:257)??

Thanks

Nitemare

Vu+ User
You have to remember, the Uno4K is aimed as a budget 4K box, it is not aimed at the satellite hobbiest / enthusiast.

... oooh does that mean the Ultimo 4K might then??? interesting ...

Ev0

Admin
You have to remember, the Uno4K is aimed as a budget 4K box, it is not aimed at the satellite hobbiest / enthusiast.

... oooh does that mean the Ultimo 4K might then??? interesting ...
You can read into it, however you like :D

I can't answer, as I have no idea.

vhfuhf

Vu+ Newbie
Nice report ... do you know by any chance if the uno 4K supports 16/32 APSK? certainly this is a newer tuner ... i wonder if there is support for that ...

Ev0

Admin
Nice report ... do you know by any chance if the uno 4K supports 16/32 APSK? certainly this is a newer tuner ... i wonder if there is support for that ...
As I already said above.

Give me a transponder that is using 16 or 32 APSK that is broadcast over europe and I will test it.

vhfuhf

Vu+ Newbie
As I already said above.

Give me a transponder that is using 16 or 32 APSK that is broadcast over europe and I will test it.

You can try the new dvb-s2x 16 apsk promo ses channel on 19.2E 11553 H 25500...

Other than this one...I'm not sure if there are any other transponders....

Tks

Ev0

Admin
You can try the new dvb-s2x 16 apsk promo ses channel on 19.2E 11553 H 25500...

Other than this one...I'm not sure if there are any other transponders....

Tks
There is no dvb-s2x support for Uno4K.

The tuner looks like it will support it, but the chipset used in the Uno4K does not look like it does.

It is possible that Vuplus might have a work around for this later on (purely thinking out loud here), but the Ultimo4K uses the same tuners, so it might be that the Ultimo4K will support dvb-s2 but not the Uno4K.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Would be a real Blessing if Vu+ would tell us what the tuners will and will not do. They should at minimum list the modulation types, FEC, and Symbol rate numbers for the tuners. I guess that would be too easy?

Thanks Ev0 for a great review! EB