Diesqc problems

markmr3

Vu+ User
Hi, I havent used my motorised dish since I was changing satellites and I lost 28deg. I need to get it working now but I cant remember how to mocebit to 28deg. I open the system set up and went to positioned set up and it says " not set up.fot diseqc" but it always was working. Can anybody poi t ne in the right direction as my memory has faded as its been so long g since I used it. Yhank you

Mick12334

Please post the make/model, of your receiver, and the image you have loaded.

You only need to use Diseqc 1.2 with a 36V motor, as other motors can use USALS. To set up 28.2E, on an Enigma 2 based receiver, go into the menu, Setup, Tuners & Scanning, Tuner Setup, and check that your Tuner has 28.2E added.
If not scroll down to satellite list, select 28.2E, scroll down to LNB, and select the tuner you're using, next go down the list and select DiSEqC mode and select 1.2, scroll to Use USALS, for this sat, and select No, then enter a unique position, for Stored position, probably 28, and save.
Then exit back to Tuners & Scanning, Scroll down to GoTo, and select 28.2E, the select the movement options, and slowly move East/West until you lock on 28.2E, get the strongest signal quality, and store the position.

markmr3

Vu+ User
Please post the make/model, of your receiver, and the image you have loaded.

You only need to use Diseqc 1.2 with a 36V motor, as other motors can use USALS. To set up 28.2E, on an Enigma 2 based receiver, go into the menu, Setup, Tuners & Scanning, Tuner Setup, and check that your Tuner has 28.2E added.
If not scroll down to satellite list, select 28.2E, scroll down to LNB, and select the tuner you're using, next go down the list and select DiSEqC mode and select 1.2, scroll to Use USALS, for this sat, and select No, then enter a unique position, for Stored position, probably 28, and save.
Then exit back to Tuners & Scanning, Scroll down to GoTo, and select 28.2E, the select the movement options, and slowly move East/West until you lock on 28.2E, get the strongest signal quality, and store the position.
Thank you
Hi, I havent used my motorised dish since I was changing satellites and I lost 28deg. I need to get it working now but I cant remember how to mocebit to 28deg. I open the system set up and went to positioned set up and it says " not set up.fot diseqc" but it always was working. Can anybody poi t ne in the right direction as my memory has faded as its been so long g since I used it. Yhank you

markmr3

Vu+ User
Thank you
Thanks again for the reply, most helpfull. I have another question if you can help please. My stb is a vu+duo running BH 3.1.0 and as ypu might know all the BBC channels went HD only today. I've done anew channel search but the bbc HD channels are not opening for me. Channel 4 HD is opening. I cant figure out why BBC HD channels aren't opening. Have youband ideas on this. Thank you

Mick12334

You might have to scan them in manually, use the clear option, prior to scanning.
BBC HD Frequencies:

10773 DVB-S2 8PSK H 23000 3/4

10788 DVB-S2 8PSK V 23000 3/4

10818 DVB-S2 8PSK V 23000 3/4

10847 DVB-S2 8PSK V 23000 3/4

11024 DVB-S2 8PSK H 23000 3/4

12168 DVB-S2 8PSK V 23000 3/4

markmr3

Vu+ User
You might have to scan them in manually, use the clear option, prior to scanning.
BBC HD Frequencies:

Thank you again, I had a small stroke about 18mths ago and it's surprising how much memory you actually lose.

markmr3

Vu+ User
BBC HD Frequencies:

For some reason the channel search has actually not shown any bbc HD channels. I've taken a photo and upload it here but it says the photo is to large for the server to process

Mick12334

Have you checked in the Tuner settings, if 28.2E is listed?

I'm now using openBh, so the menu is slightly different.

Can you please post your satellite setup, dish size, make/model of motor.

You can screen grab your menu, using your PC, by using Openwebif, all you need to do is type your receivers IP address, into your computers browser, and press the print Scrn key, on your PC, and then paste it into paint, the default program, of Windows.

You can locate your receivers allocated IP address in the menu, under Network.

markmr3

Vu+ User
For some reason the channel search has actually not shown any bbc HD channels. I've taken a photo and upload it here but it says the photo is to large for the server to process

Have you checked in the Tuner settings, if 28.2E is listed?

I'm now using openBh, so the menu is slightly different.

Can you please post your satellite setup, dish size, make/model of motor.

You can screen grab your menu, using your PC, by using Openwebif, all you need to do is type your receivers IP address, into your computers browser, and press the print Scrn key, on your PC, and then paste it into paint, the default program, of Windows.

You can locate your receivers allocated IP address in the menu, under Network.

markmr3

Vu+ User
I dont think i have openwebif on my pc but i do have dreambox editor and DDCE2. My friend used to do all the tech side of things but sadly he's passed away.
Vu+ duo, 90cm dish, Technomate disqec motor, ip address 192.168.1.244 is what it says in the stb network this app isn't letting me post photos on here.
Another problem I have is that I always used Rytec for the epg upgrade, but now when I click to refresh the epg it tells me" cannot retreive Rytec sorces so i have to use Crossepg. I have lost a lot of channels not just bbc, i have lost channel 5, quest, select, action, star, legend etc etc. A lot of the channels that ive lost are fta. I actually have the stb into plugged into my sky dish at the moment as I was having problems with the motorised dish. I have tried to send you photos but the site is saying the file it too big. If you want to email me I can send you photos of my problems. I've done a network scan on the stb and it's all ticked green but when I opened the dreambox editor I have a red line from the stb to the pc and router. I've did a ip search and clicked the corresponding ip butbits still a red line. Ive tried to send a photobut again it says the file is too large for the server to process.
markmr3@btinternet.com
Thank you

Mick12334

That probably means that your dish still isn't pointing at 28.2E.
Even using the Find Signal option, or other options, doesn't guarantee that you are pointing at 28.2E, as many satellites share the same frequencies.
Can you move your dish to 23.5E?

Openwebif isn't an app, you download, it's in your browser.
Just type your receivers allocated IP address, into your browsers search bar, e.g. 192.168.1.3
You can find your receivers allocated IP address in the menu, find network, and look for it, equally you can search, for it, on your PC, using DCC, Dreambox Control Centre.

markmr3

Vu+ User
That probably means that your dish still isn't pointing at 28.2E.
Even using the Find Signal option, or other options, doesn't guarantee that you are pointing at 28.2E, as many satellites share the same frequencies.
Can you move your dish to 23.5E?

Openwebif isn't an app, you download, it's in your browser.
Just type your receivers allocated IP address, into your browsers search bar, e.g. 192.168.1.3
You can find your receivers allocated IP address in the menu, find network, and look for it, equally you can search, for it, on your PC, using DCC, Dreambox Control Centre.
I'm using my small sky dish now and that is pointing at 28deg, I did a channel search and still a lot of fta channels are missing. Bit indo have some channels opening on both vert and horizontal, so I guess the lnb is OK. So I don't really know why it's not picking up on the lost channels.
I haveva old sky +HD box that I've plugged In to a TV ariel but I can't find how to do auto tune just to receive fta. This stroke is really playing hell with my memory. I googled how to do it and Al it day is go to setting and open auto tune but there is no auto tune in settings.

Mick12334

Sky + HD receivers are satelliter receivers, and shouldn't be capable of receiving signals from a terrestrial aerial, as it's tuner is made for satellite.

What signal quality readings, are you getting, from your old dish? The dish might need a slight re-alignment, as HD channels tend to require more signal quality than SD channels.

markmr3

Vu+ User
I though that but I saw a ariel socket on the back of the sky box but couldn't find the tuning set up. On my motorised dish I have 85 snr and the sky dish is 87snr. Today I ordered a new sky lnb as this one was fitted just when HD came put and it hasn't been used in many years. Hopefully the new lnb will be here in the morning. I haveva fire stick but I cant get used to the tv guide on there, I think in stuck with the way it's set up on the vu, I like that. But it's starting to stress me out not understanding why I've lost the channels. I can't even remember how to update Black hole, I think the loss of memory is stressing me more than anything. In all the years I've had the vu it's been great and now I can't get simple fta.

Mick12334

You can't update Black Hole, because it is no longer being developed, due to VU+.
You can switch to another image, like OpenBh, Openvuix, etc.., by downloading the correct version, for your receiver, unzipping it, and placing the vuplus folder onto a FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
You then switch off your receiver, using the switch, at the rear of the receiver, insert that USB stick, into the USB port, on your VU+, then turn on your receiver, and follow the onscreen menu.
My receiver, VU+ Duo 2, requires me to hold down the front button, hidden behind a pull down flap, but other receivers, have different methods.

Check out lyngsat.com, to see what channels you can receive:
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

markmr3

Vu+ User
You can't update Black Hole, because it is no longer being developed, due to VU+.
You can switch to another image, like OpenBh, Openvuix, etc.., by downloading the correct version, for your receiver, unzipping it, and placing the vuplus folder onto a FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
You then switch off your receiver, using the switch, at the rear of the receiver, insert that USB stick, into the USB port, on your VU+, then turn on your receiver, and follow the onscreen menu.
My receiver, VU+ Duo 2, requires me to hold down the front button, hidden behind a pull down flap, but other receivers, have different methods.

Code:
Thank you. A friend of mine is coming over with a sat meter to check the dish is aligned properly. And I'm reading up trui g to remember how to install a new image. Thank you for all your help

markmr3

Vu+ User

Code:

I've had the big dish aligned and it's showing 97%snr and the sky dish is showing 99%snr. I've done a new channel sesrch and it's still not showing any bbc or itv channels. I cannot work it out, I have channel 4 HD, quest HD channels all opening.but on the BBC channels it's say service e closed. Its as if the vu won't pick up.or search for bbc or itv channels. I tried to resister on openvix but I'm also having trouble registering, im having a bad day. I'll look at lyngsat like you suggest.

markmr3

Vu+ User
I wanted to ask on the openvix forum if the original vu+duo is HD compatable, I assume it is as I can pick up other HD channels. If you ate a member of any forums could you ask please ask if its possible to get bbc HD channels on the old vu. Thank you

Mick12334

Your receiver, VU+ Duo, is listed as being capable of having 2x S2 tuners, which are HD compatible, my old VU+ Duo 2 is the same.
Personally I never view any BBC, or other British television channels, but I'll move my dish, to 28.2E, and try scanning in some channels.
Then I'll use openwebif, to capture some images, demonstrating how to scan in these channels, and if they're working.