Diesqc problems

markmr3

Vu+ User
I'm trying to send you a photo of the files on the stick but as normal the server says the file is too big. Is there something wrong with the server

Mick12334

No, all forums limit the sizes of uploaded files.
You unzip the download, then load the vuplus folder, onto the USB stick.

markmr3

Vu+ User
This is the satellite receiver, its only for astra 28 for sky and freeview channels. Do you think is OK. Its on ebay for £34.90

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_123033_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_123033_eBay.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 6

Mick12334

It should be, you can find numerous, cheap, Freesat HD satellite receivers, but you can't tell the quality, picture, or build, until you use them.
You can also find cheaper ones, that are capable of handling Diseqc, and motorized, dishes, but again they're are too many to even recommend one.
This one seems to have a USB port, for recording, so you can use a USB stick, or USB hard drive, and set it up to record.

markmr3

Vu+ User
Here's the result but I did alter the network scan, clear before scan and fta scan to yes before I scanned.

Attachments

• 20240115_184653.jpg
    20240115_184653.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 2

Mick12334

There's only one last thing, you can try, and that's importing a channel list, for 28.2E.
This requires a little work.
First you need a free program called dreamboxEDIT.
You need to connect to your receiver by clicking on tools, and options, then typing in your receivers IP address, then test the connection.

Next you need to download a li, the only one, I can find, is Vhannibals, for 4 satellites, listed as Vhannibal Quadri 13, 19, 23, 28:
Code:
https://www.vhannibal.net/

You download this, unzip it, and extract the vhannibal folder to your desktop.

You then open dreamboxEDIT, click file, and open, navigate to the folder, and click OK.

Once you see the list, you click on File, and FTP, then send files to dreambox.

markmr3

Vu+ User
Well its taken the image but hadn't found any bbc or itv channels and I cant upload a photo. I'll try tondoba manual search now

Mick12334

I've done a search and the VU+ Duo is capable of picking up HD channels.
Did you get any HD channels, during a blind scan?

Download dreamboxEDIT, on your PC.
Go into your receivers menu, navigate to Network, and your connection, LAN, if using ann ethernet cable, WiFi, if using Wireless, and locate your receivers IP address.
Open dreamboxEDIT, on your PC, go to tools, and options. Type in your receivers IP address, in Username type root, in password either leave it blank, or type in dreambox, then test the IP connection.
Post back if you get it working.

Mick12334

Have you been able to get back to your VU+ Duo?

If you haven't got your receiver, attached to your router, so it's not on the network, then you can't do a lot of the things, I've suggested.

One thing you can do, is switch off your receiver, disconnect the LNB from Tuner A, and attach it to Tuner B, then try scanning in the channels.

From other posts, on the internet, the VU+ Duo is capable of receiving HD channels, but people have experienced problems, scanning some channels in, and had to resort to using a prepared channel list.

I wish I had access, to your receiver, to confirm that nothing works, thus narrowing down the problem to a hardware/software issue, or that someone near you could thoroughly test it, providing they knew what they were doing, as Enigma 2 receivers are not just basic plug and play receivers.

Good luck, and did you buy that other receiver?