External player in XBMC

nunigaia

YouTube, Veetle, Genesis thay are all uptodate other plugins are working okey

I don´t refer to source of videos or audio... like youtube ones.

I´m refering to Mediaplayer2 and Enhanced Movie Center plugins,

best regards
nunigaia

jozweerd

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, but when im using those plugins in xbmc and let them play with MP2 or EMC i get the massage gstreamer h264 decoder not available and no picture but only sound. So i use xbmc plugin with MP2 or EMC

gggtggg

Vu+ Newbie
How to acess menu and submenus on MediaPlayer2 regarding subtitles XBMC:

Controls

• ZOOM/5 - change aspect ratio of the screen
  • RIGHT/LEFT - increase/decrease subtitles delay
  • INFO(I) - when pressed in file/play list, it shows info in CSFD plugin
  • SUBTITLES/TEXT - shows subtitles menu
  • TV - refreshes subtitles position
  • 0 - mark position
  • NEXT(>) - go to next mark if available/go to next item in playlist
  • PREVIOUS(<) - go to previous mark if available/go to previous item in playlist

best regards
nunigaia
Thank you!!!

nunigaia

EMC is linked with xbmc, but the movie does not start at all.... (vu+ SE, bh 2.1.5)

You have to take a look to the source of the movie.
I´ve installed it and is working well.
You can always test MEDIAPLAYER2, instead, and as another option to make what you want.

regards
nunigaia

kxrist

Vu+ Newbie
i tested mediaplayer2, as stand alone works perfectly (while streaming through LAN) with the option to change subtitles encoding format.

When i launch xbmc i see network drive contents (placed in a stand alone PC and mounted through SMB option in xbmc), movies contents and pictures are automatically downloaded although when i press to open the movie, media player is on, movie appears in playlist but the movie refuses to start. I see pictures also in the same way through xbmc with no problem.

should be something easy....plz help
thx

nunigaia

Enigma2 MediaPlayer2 upgrade from version 0.58 to version 0.59 ( 20-03-2015 )

Hi friends

If you use MEDIAPLAYER2. as your external player that supports subtitles on XBMC, here you have the lastest Version:

MEDIAPLAYER2
---------------------
v0.59 ( 20-03-2015 )
  • removed subtitles sync function(TV button)
  • added subtitles status function(TV button)
To work, you must upgrade too, Subssuport to version ---> Ver 1.51

v1.5.1 ( 20-03-2015 )
main
  • improved precision of delay functions
  • added subtitles status screen (TV button in MP2 0.59)
    • possibility to change subtitles delay by skipping to previous/next subtitle (right/left arrow)
      • It allows very easy adjustments for videos for which was subtitles not made (recordings)
    • possibility to change subtitles delay by 200ms step (up/down arrow)
      • It is ment for fine tuning in case you find right subtitle by right/left action
  • possibility to change subtitles fps in case they were timed for different video fps (blue button)

Best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.59_20150320_all.ipk
    73.4 KB · Views: 58
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.1_20150320_all.ipk
    932 KB · Views: 62

nunigaia

ENHANCED MOVIE CENTER. as your external player that supports subtitles on XBMC, here you have the lastest Version:

EMC + subssupport

v2 download (subssupport >=1.5.1 necessary)

v2 - fully updated to latest git source, added subtitles status screen on TV button

v1.5.1 ( 20-03-2015 )
main
  • improved precision of delay functions
  • added subtitles status screen (TV button in MP2 0.59)
    • possibility to change subtitles delay by skipping to previous/next subtitle (right/left arrow)
      • It allows very easy adjustments for videos for which was subtitles not made (recordings)
    • possibility to change subtitles delay by 200ms step (up/down arrow)
      • It is ment for fine tuning in case you find right subtitle by right/left action
  • possibility to change subtitles fps in case they were timed for different video fps (blue button)
Install too:

Using telnet:

Code:
opkg install http://dl.bintray.com/mx3l/generic/python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

Best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter_git+935+8a5713a-r2_mips32el.ipk
    647.3 KB · Views: 65
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.1_20150320_all.ipk
    932 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
1. Does this Mediaplayer The same mediaplayer which is installed by BH2.1.5? If it is, should I uninstall the default Mediaplayer before upgrade? If it is not, is it just like another different plugin?

2. What version of this EMC? Do I need to uninstall the prevous version before I upgrade this one?

nunigaia

1. Does this Mediaplayer The same mediaplayer which is installed by BH2.1.5? If it is, should I uninstall the default Mediaplayer before upgrade? If it is not, is it just like another different plugin?

2. What version of this EMC? Do I need to uninstall the prevous version before I upgrade this one?

1) and 2) - Think is better to uninstall EMC 3.7.4 beta and verify if don´t have too EMC 3.0.0. ( cause it will may crash the STB, if you haved installed both ). After do that, Reboot your STB.

FTP to your BOX ( with an FTP TOOL ) ---> Go to --->/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions ( and delete MEDIAPLAYER ( classic Mediaplayer )).

• Reboot your STB.
  • Install from the links i said ( EMC or MEDIAPLAYER2, as you wish ), without forgetting installing the 3 files
Install this ---> MEDIAPLAYER2 ---> from this post ---> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/external-player-in-xbmc.21286/page-2#post-166824

Or this --------> EMC ----------------> from this post ---> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/external-player-in-xbmc.21286/page-2#post-166897

The choice is yours ... use MEDIAPLAYER2 or EMC

best regards
nunigaia

Note: If you don´t mind let me know .... if all goes on ... as you wish

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks nunigaia for your great support. Will test your method to use EMC player as a default in XBMC once I get home.

Why not open a new thread to regroup all this information in one place/post, and keep it updated by editing the first post of your new thread.

nunigaia

Thanks nunigaia for your great support. Will test your method to use EMC player as a default in XBMC once I get home.

Why not open a new thread to regroup all this information in one place/post, and keep it updated by editing the first post of your new thread.

Don´t have permissions for that ... and sometimes the newer versions has more bugs ... than the others. If you search the lastest posts on several threads ( if existing ), you´ll find the lastest information.

Note: If you are using XBMC with external player, install MEDIAPLAYER2 instead.

If you need help, reply as soon you get home.

best regards
nunigaia

bogdanm

Bewng
Don´t have permissions for that ... and sometimes the newer versions has more bugs ... than the others. If you search the lastest posts on several threads ( if existing ), you´ll find the lastest information.

best regards
nunigaia
If you can made how to about used external player in image.
Afrer that im change this topic to HOwTo section on this site.

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie

best regards
nunigaia
Hi nunigaia

Thanks for your great support. I tried Mediaplayer2 method, but I get a black screen with no image and no sound.

1. I installed all 3 ipk files in this order abd rebooted after each install
- enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.1_20150320_all.ipk
- enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.59_20150320_all.ipk
- python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

2. Pushed the plugin.py (the one with from Plugins.Extensions.MediaPlayer2.plugin import MediaPlayer) to the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMC directory

3. Rebooted the STB several times

Did I miss something ?

Maybe it's because ALL my files are on an external NAS (NFS share) and XBMC does not pass the full path to the player ?

Last edited:

nunigaia

Hi nunigaia

Thanks for your great support. I tried Mediaplayer2 method, but I get a black screen with no image and no sound.

1. I installed all 3 ipk files in this order abd rebooted after each install
- enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.1_20150320_all.ipk
- enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.59_20150320_all.ipk
- python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

2. Pushed the plugin.py (the one with from Plugins.Extensions.MediaPlayer2.plugin import MediaPlayer) to the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMC directory

3. Rebooted the STB several times

Did I miss something ?

Maybe it's because ALL my files are on an external NAS (NFS share) and XBMC does not pass the full path to the player ?

Blackscreen where ... on XBMC?
Try to see if the attributes are 644 ( plugin.py )

best regards
nungaia