External player in XBMC

nunigaia

Hi, @nunigaia , I just ready to install the Mediaplayer 2. I have read your tutorial about the installation. However, I still have some questions.

1. If I install the Mediaplayer 2, Can I still keep the EMC in my receiver without uninstall it?

2. I plan to install the latest version Mediaplayer 2( Ver 0.59) and Sub ssupport (Ver 1.52, beta 3) (the 5 ipk files). Do I need to install (copy) the plugin.py to the folder of XBMC as your mentioned in the tutorial? What the python-difflib ..... is?

3. Regarding to un-install the default classic mediaplayer, you use Dream control tool, when selected the mediaplayer folder, press the delete button to un-install the classic mediaplayer. What it means? It means 'delete the folder' or 'The dream tool will run a procedure to un-install the classic mediaplayer and modify related settings? Because I use a different FTP tool access my receiver, only can do delete.

4. Regarding the SSH/Telnet in your Fig 2 in the tutorial, the instuction says we should run 3 commands, opkg remove .... , What they are for? I have not install any mediaplayer2 yet, why I need to remove ? or The 3 commands just clean the file list of the package registration? Do I have to run them?

Sorry for so many questions.

1. Yes, in that case you could use EMC like your default player on Enigma2 ( HDD local files, per ex. ), alias, i use it in my VU+ DUO2, because it´s more simple to locate MOVIES, or what else, when i have covers with the same name as the MEDIA files.

2. Yes, and python it´s for solving plugin dependencies.

3. Yes, means for you delete MEDIAPLAYER folder on extensions.

4. It´s for: In case you have installed MEDIAPLAYER2 previously, uninstall it, to make a clean install. If you haven´t MEDIAPLAYER2 installed, you can skip this procedure!.

5. Not questioned but answered: The Ubuntu fonts, it´s for the settings Subtitles, you can configure under Subssuport configuration, althought, subssuport will use regular fonts to display subtitles.

best regards
nunigaia

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
1. Yes, in that case you could use EMC like your default player on Enigma2 ( HDD local files, per ex. ), alias, i use it in my VU+ DUO2, because it´s more simple to locate MOVIES, or what else, when i have covers with the same name as the MEDIA files.

2. Yes, and python it´s for solving plugin dependencies.

3. Yes, means for you delete MEDIAPLAYER folder on extensions.

4. It´s for: In case you have installed MEDIAPLAYER2 previously, uninstall it, to make a clean install. If you haven´t MEDIAPLAYER2 installed, you can skip this procedure!.

5. Not questioned but answered: The Ubuntu fonts, it´s for the settings Subtitles, you can configure under Subssuport configuration, althought, subssuport will use regular fonts to display subtitles.

best regards
nunigaia
Thank you very much for your reply and kind help . I will try it tomorrow!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank, @nunigaia , I have just installed the mediaplayer2 as following the tutorial without run the telnet commands because this is the first time install the Mediaplayer 2. During the installation, I noticed that there is a notice ''file not download ..... (I did not catch the details) when install the python-xmlrpc...ipk. After reboot receiver, I find the mediaplayer2 in the plugin section of the Menu. However, there is the classic Mediaplayer interface. Are there something wrong?

nunigaia

Thank, @nunigaia , I have just installed the mediaplayer2 as following the tutorial without run the telnet commands because this is the first time install the Mediaplayer 2. During the installation, I noticed that there is a notice ''file not download ..... (I did not catch the details) when install the python-xmlrpc...ipk. After reboot receiver, I find the mediaplayer2 in the plugin section of the Menu. However, there is the classic Mediaplayer interface. Are there something wrong?

No ... If you have deleted the mediaplayer extension ( classic one ), this is all correct ... leave as is ... you done it!

On plugins push MEDIAPLAYER2 and configure as you desire! Configure too SubsSupport as you wish!

best regards
nunigaia

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
No ... If you have deleted the mediaplayer extension ( classic one ), this is all correct ... leave as is ... you done it!

On plugins push MEDIAPLAYER2 and configure as you desire! Configure too SubsSupport as you wish!

best regards
nunigaia
Thank @nunigaia for your kindly help and fas reply. I never use the Mediaplayer2 therefore I do not know how to use it but I kin to learn.

I did see the mediaplayer 2 in plugin menu and also can access by press the green button on RCU. I did found a few susbsport settings 'plugins' if I press the green button. However, when I press the Mediaplayer2, it shows a similar interface as the classic one, I can select the file location and if I press the menu after the mediaplayer2 interface appear, it givese the very similar slections as the classic one , such as change file location, change to playlist, ... Are the all correct?

Regards
Mysat-bs

nunigaia

Thank @nunigaia for your kindly help and fas reply. I never use the Mediaplayer2 therefore I do not know how to use it but I kin to learn.

I did see the mediaplayer 2 in plugin menu and also can access by press the green button on RCU. I did found a few susbsport settings 'plugins' if I press the green button. However, when I press the Mediaplayer2, it shows a similar interface as the classic one, I can select the file location and if I press the menu after the mediaplayer2 interface appear, it givese the very similar slections as the classic one , such as change file location, change to playlist, ... Are the all correct?

Regards
Mysat-bs

Yes.

The interface is similar to Mediaplayer classic.

best regards
nunigaia

Duo2NewGuy

Vu+ Newbie
Blackscreen where ... on XBMC?
Try to see if the attributes are 644 ( plugin.py )

best regards
nungaia

Hi Nungaia,

An excellent "how to guide ", easy enough to follow so well done.
All movie formats, on my Vu+duo2 internal hard drive work

I have a problem viewing my movies on an network path (smb) media player hard drive, if you look at the images you'll see XBMC has added them, but when the screen goes blank when they are played.
I set plugin.py attributes to 644 & I think you may have said to try 755? anyway, neither work - any ideas ??

Attachments

• Movies on ext smb media player.png
    Movies on ext smb media player.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

hisham

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Nungaia,

I have a problem viewing my movies on an network path (smb) media player hard drive, if you look at the images you'll see XBMC has added them, but when the screen goes blank when they are played.
I set plugin.py attributes to 644 & I think you may have said to try 755? anyway, neither work - any ideas ??
Same here

nunigaia

Hi Nungaia,

I don´t use play movies over network, you can always install dreamplex and play movies over network! --> dreamplex last version 2.1.3

best regards
nunigaia

zadow

Vu+ Newbie
One thing i noticed after i switched to mediaplayer2, is that when playing DNLA content from NAS, it convert the files from mkv to mcu files , then it cant find the subtitles (srt) located.
The old mediaplayer didnt do that. I just switched to newest Black Hole 2.1.6.1. Im not sure if they made any change to DJmount ot its the new mediaplayer.

Cromby

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Nungaia,

i have the same that proble you but i don't know for internal hdd, you found a solution ???

nunigaia

One thing i noticed after i switched to mediaplayer2, is that when playing DNLA content from NAS, it convert the files from mkv to mcu files , then it cant find the subtitles (srt) located.
The old mediaplayer didnt do that. I just switched to newest Black Hole 2.1.6.1. Im not sure if they made any change to DJmount ot its the new mediaplayer.

Maybe i´m wrong, but i think, to have subtitles you have to use too transcoding.
Afaik, this happens with dreamplex!

Or instead of this, you may also make embebed subtitles. As i told i don´t play movies over network, and if intend to use it, i use dreamplex.

best regards
nunigaia

nyakec

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe i´m wrong, but i think, to have subtitles you have to use too transcoding.
Afaik, this happens with dreamplex!

Or instead of this, you may also make embebed subtitles. As i told i don´t play movies over network, and if intend to use it, i use dreamplex.

best regards
nunigaia

nyakec

Vu+ Newbie
Why can not take /.../ media player that works without any problems ?? Someone can not rewrite via telnet ........ XBMC is not yet perfect ..... shame

nyakec

Vu+ Newbie
[Quote = "nunigaia, post: 178.100, tag: 41.535"] nem értem a hozzászólások, ezért kérjük, adja meg, mi is az a szégyen?

Üdvözlettel
nunigaia [/ quote]
Excuse .Google is incorrect translations.
I regret that the not complete mediaplayer2 not fall, and I can not finish

Last edited: