External player in XBMC

nunigaia

MEDIAPLAYER2 UPGRADE V 0.60 23/06/2015

To install or upgrade to this new version follow the steps here mentioned:

Guide posts:

post #1 = GUIDE

post #2 = UPDATE

Note: You can use this steps on OPEN BLACK HOLE IMAGES and also on BLACKHOLE IMAGES.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
Enhanced Movie Center with Subsupport ( Subtitles )

Now you can try also ENHANCED MOVIE CENTER with subtitles support instead of MEDIAPLAYER2

EMC is based on latest source from ..........+ added support for subssupport

You´ll need to install this 3 plugins attached to your STB, to make it possible to use Enhanced Movie Center as external player on XBMC, you´ll have to upload by ftp to your STB the file *** plugin.py *** to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMC.

This > plugin.py < is modified to make ENHANCEMOVIECENTER, your default player on XBMC.

Note: You must unpack the plugin.zip file and ftp the file inside to your STB

HELP --> HOWTO ACESS SUBTITLES SUBMENU:
==============================

HELP --> SHOW SUBTITLES MENU
TEXT --> REMOTE KEY
SUBTITLES -> REMOTE KEY
BLUE KEY - CHANGE DELAY OF SUBTITLES

Best regards
nunigaia

Hi,

I did everything that's above.. I have VU Solo SE and Open Black Hole img.. Xmbc launched OK before, but now after I did install all 3 parts and uploaded plugin.py the XBMC runs in small windowed mode in th top left corner. I cannot swicht to it using remote, it cannot be turned off I have to reboot VU to get rid of it.. I am sorry I did not make a backup before. /now I know../ Any ideas how to make XBMC run fullscreen ? Thank you

peter

nunigaia

Hi,

I did everything that's above.. I have VU Solo SE and Open Black Hole img.. Xmbc launched OK before, but now after I did install all 3 parts and uploaded plugin.py the XBMC runs in small windowed mode in th top left corner. I cannot swicht to it using remote, it cannot be turned off I have to reboot VU to get rid of it.. I am sorry I did not make a backup before. /now I know../ Any ideas how to make XBMC run fullscreen ? Thank you

peter

Hi peter, upload here your used plugin.py file, to verify it for you!

nunigaia

Hi,

thank you for quick reply. here is the file :)

thank you for your help :)

I´ve benn testing ... but unfortunately not working good! ...

You can continue using Enhanced Movie Center to play your local files if you wish!...

For XBMC with external player, please use MEDIAPLAYER2 and SUBSSUPORT to play subtitles and will do what you are requesting ( I tested it a few minutes ago, and it will work flawlessly on OPEN BLACKHOLE / BLACKHOLE 2.1.4 to 2.1.X / and OPENPLI 4.0 ( upgraded today ))!

Follow my guide how to do it! If have any issues post in the correct section!

Guide --> for all images mentioned --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...mediaplayer2-as-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/

best regards
nunigaia

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
allrighty, but what do I do with XBMC not running fullscreen? how do I fix that? If I start it it wont run fullscreen and I have to reboot to turn it off because I cannot switch to it

nunigaia

allrighty, but what do I do with XBMC not running fullscreen? how do I fix that? If I start it it wont run fullscreen and I have to reboot to turn it off because I cannot switch to it

I have it running on my duo2 on full screen ... with mediaplayer2 v.060 and subssuport 1.52 from 08/07/2015 posted a few minutes ago -> on the 3 images mentioned ( with hard tests )!

:victory:

best regards
nunigaia

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
ok,

now when I uploaded all the files and installed them, xbmc runs fullscreen!!! :) but when I go to my network drive in xbmc and select a movie, the player window shrinks to small into the top left coner and it does not play anything either.. just black screen.. and if I get to the network drive outside xbmc via DLNA browser or Media scanner, it plays the videos fine.. but not in xbmc

nunigaia

ok,

now when I uploaded all the files and installed them, xbmc runs fullscreen!!! :) but when I go to my network drive in xbmc and select a movie, the player window shrinks to small into the top left coner and it does not play anything either.. just black screen.. and if I get to the network drive outside xbmc via DLNA browser or Media scanner, it plays the videos fine.. but not in xbmc

See my post guide i uploaded a minute ago 2 zip files ---> one for FULLHD skins and other for HD skins. Playing movies over network it´s a issue that you must solve ... Mediaplayer2 can play them! In this case i can´t help you, cause i don´t use it! Sorry!...

Unpack one of the files you wish ... and see the results regarding the skin you are using.

best regards
nunigaia

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
ah.. I did not see the full hd plugin.py file.
See my post guide i uploaded a minute ago 2 zip files ---> one for FULLHD skins and other for HD skins. Playing movies over network it´s a issue that you must solve ... Mediaplayer2 can play them! In this case i can´t help you, cause i don´t use it! Sorry!...

Unpack one of the files you wish ... and see the results regarding the skin you are using.

best regards
nunigaia

I did try 720 or 1080 plugin.py, but the player controls are still not at the bottom of the picture. Plus it showed some error while installing.. you can see it on pictures. If I play a file from a local HDD in xbmc, it plays it, but I have to find out how to play a file from wdsharespace where all my movies are..

Attachments

• IMAG1941.jpg
    IMAG1941.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG1944.jpg
    IMAG1944.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 73

nunigaia

ah.. I did not see the full hd plugin.py file.

I did try 720 or 1080 plugin.py, but the player controls are still not at the bottom of the picture. Plus it showed some error while installing.. you can see it on pictures. If I play a file from a local HDD in xbmc, it plays it, but I have to find out how to play a file from wdsharespace where all my movies are..

You have not installed subssuport !... The crash tells me that you didn.t ... You must follow step by step the files installation that i mentioned! If it works for me and other users ... must work for you too!

Note: Before installing MEDIAPLAYER2 V 0.60 you must install dependencies Python files, followed by Subssuport V 1.59 from 08/07/2015, and only upon this install MEDIAPLAYER2 that is dependent from SubsSuport!

best regards
nunigaia

blashkyrk

Vu+ Newbie
@pe3k

I have the same problem as you... I think.
Can't get any movies to play from SMB-share on my NAS. This is no issue with regular Kodi/Xbmc installation (OpenElec) in a HTPC.
I have also switched to Mediaplayer2 but that doesn't work either. All I get is a black screen. The time indicates 0:00.
Tried mkv's, mpg, avi ... whatever but nothing works. Haven't tried local files though.
xbmc.log looks ok. No errors except when stopping playback I get "FATAL: Process: Failed to restart AudioEngine after return from external player".
Does this player really support stream/playing from SMB-share?

When streaming trailers from HD-trailers.net only some work, those at Yahoo and HD-trailers.net. If I try any at apple.com the only show a black screen.

Running BH 2.1.7 on a Duo2, same problem using 2.1.6 and 2.1.6.1.

pe3k

Vu+ Newbie
hi,

ok I have uninstalled everything a tried from scratch. I have re-downloaded files from the forum, installed it in order as described. Now the player controls are fullscreen.
but just as blashkyrk, I get NO PICTURE or sound in XBMC when trying to access my files over the local network on my NAS. Strange, cause when I exit XBMC and try to play files through mediaplayer2 directly, or using DLNA browser, everyhing plays OK. just in XBMC not. I thought I would delete the added folders with video files in my XBMC but I do not know how. I don't know how to get the right mouse click menu and select delete the folder..

any ideas on how to make NAS work with XBMC on VU+ solo SE?

NYVUBRUKER

Vu+ Newbie
I am using a VU+ DUO2 receiver with the newest BH image and are a new user to VU+.

I have installed the new mediaplayer 2 and the correct file for XBMC. Still i get option to choose E2Player or DVD Player, is this as it should be? Or i should see Mediaplayer 2 as an option?

I do not get audio/sound in the Sasta TV Addon at all, all other AddOns are working with audio.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.